NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Untitled

ThE POwEr oF An IDeAEstablished Member
Impact
Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Big news!

fantastic news!!

All the news we keep hearing SHOWS that .in has a big future. I feel bad for those who keep talking and asking questions but don't do anything.

•••
•••
does anyone know where to backorder .in & .co.in names? Thanks.

Let me now which ones would you want, I can "catch them" for you :D

Recently bought:

EZA.in (sounds like E-zine)
HDX.in (6600 exact searches)

•••
I recently regged mp3-player (dot) in . I know it's hyphenated but ... well :)

•••
It seems the .IN pricing is going up after June-30th. It will be interesting to see if the 100% LLL buyout remains.

•••
It seems the .IN pricing is going up after June-30th. It will be interesting to see if the 100% LLL buyout remains.

I think the buyout will hold. It has been holding for quite some time and not because of promotions.

In the worst case scenario, we could have a near buyout where fewer than ~500 LLL.In domains remain unregistered.

•••

There isn't any benefit to the lll.in buyout anyways. Double premium lll.in domains aren't even moving for reg fee on this forum.

•••
good idea to end the promo,should mean improved prices for quality names,
Buyout doesnt help improve value in lll.in,except maybe in the reseller market ;which it hasnt!
I think the buyout will hold. It has been holding for quite some time and not because of promotions.

In the worst case scenario, we could have a near buyout where fewer than ~500 LLL.In domains remain unregistered.

•••
I am also curious to see the impact of Godaddy's expansion to the Indian markets. Surely, with a larger footprint in India they will also concentrate on the .IN extension? Though .IN is strong by itself, Godaddy's marketing blitz ,with their huge marketing dollars,like .CO should surely help the extension.

It's interesting times ahead:)

•••
I am also curious to see the impact of Godaddy's expansion to the Indian markets. Surely, with a larger footprint in India they will also concentrate on the .IN extension? Though .IN is strong by itself, Godaddy's marketing blitz ,with their huge marketing dollars,like .CO should surely help the extension.

It's interesting times ahead:)

Surely the marketing $'s will have come from .co & company?

No way will you see anything from in registry who continue with the penny registrations which will do the .in extension no good whatsoever.

•••
No way will you see anything from in registry who continue with the penny registrations which will do the .in extension no good whatsoever.

It looks like the .INfamous promo will finally end on June 30th.

•••
These sold on SEDO in the past week:

fazer.in EURO $3,500
bazaarvoice.in EURO 2,500
zoe.in $1,000

Last edited:
•••
Buyout doesnt help improve value in lll.in,except maybe in the reseller market ;which it hasnt!

Because the biggest problem in selling .in domains is CHEAP end users. some of those end users are domainers offering you $15 for names we ALL know is probably worth $50-$150.

when every .in buyer is trying to be the cheapest person on the planet, its no surprise LLL.ins dont move as much as they should!

the only winning strategy is to keep telling them no and tell them to move on. they will lose in the long run.

•••
the only winning strategy is to keep telling them no and tell them to move on. they will lose in the long run.

Couldn't agree more. Maybe, sooner or later, they will change their mind.

•••
Ending of the promo actually helps on this. With the cost of registration increasing, most of the casual domainers will think twice before registering any domain. Those holding large portfolios will not settle for any offer, as they would need to service their portfolios as well.

All these should drive up the asking prices a bit.

Surely, this is a good thing. IMHO.:sold:

Couldn't agree more. Maybe, sooner or later, they will change their mind.

Because the biggest problem in selling .in domains is CHEAP end users. some of those end users are domainers offering you $15 for names we ALL know is probably worth $50-$150.

when every .in buyer is trying to be the cheapest person on the planet, its no surprise LLL.ins dont move as much as they should!

•••
I hope I'll find a buyer for Mp3-Player (dot) in . :(

•••
information.in is on auction on sedo with a starting bid of 4,400 Pounds

•••
information.in is on auction on sedo with a starting bid of 4,400 Pounds

Looks like the auction got cancelled.

In other news these names sold in the past week on SEDO
faltu.in $1,250 (faltu = useless in Hindi)
onlinedegrees.in $2,500

•••
Check with you all, if i want to register .in/.co.in domains, between Godaddy and dynadot which one is cheaper( include codes )? Thanks.

•••
In the Verisign's quarterly review, picking a couple of paragraphs to understate the fact that .in domains are growing in number:

Total ccTLD registrations were approximately 94.9 million in the first quarter of 2012 with the addition of 4.3 million domain names, or a 4.8 percent increase compared to the fourth quarter. This is an increase of approximately 13.2 million domain names, or 16.2 percent from a year ago.

Among the 20 largest ccTLDs, Tokelau, france, india, the republic of Korea and the russian federation each exceeded 4 percent quarter-over-quarter growth. Last quarter, four of the top 20 exceeded the same threshold.

We know that the .in registry do not publish numbers, but I think Verisign has the means and clout to get the numbers.

•••
These sold on SEDO in the past week

pendrive.co.in
$1800
finnair.in $1500
clouddrive.co.in $1000

•••
In the Verisign's quarterly review, picking a couple of paragraphs to understate the fact that .in domains are growing in number:

We know that the .in registry do not publish numbers, but I think Verisign has the means and clout to get the numbers.

It would be more interesting to see the numbers now, As .in prices have gone way up.... Those number will change in comming Quaters.......

•••
Recently handreg

koin.in
koin.co.in

•••
I have some suggetions like
rnsinfosoft.in
mycollegegossips.in
google.co.in
irctc.in
msn.co.in
masalaboard.in

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back