Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

matt_bodis

Bodis.comTop Member
Bodis.com Staff
Impact
Introducing the New Revolution in Domain Parking Services, where the clients actually matter this time around - Bodis.com.

That's right. We have negotiated the highest possible revenue share with third party ad providers, and out of this we are giving our clients a lifetime of 100% revenue.

Today is the beginning of CHANGE in the domain industry. Many of us are tired of all the domain parking programs that hone in most of what we should be receiving. The Revolution has STARTED.

As of right now, Bodis.com offers the following:

• 100% Revenue Share
  • Search Engine Optimized Templates
  • Customizable html title, html description, and page title of templates
  • Customizable images for templates
  • Auto-optimizable and manually customizable keywords/urls for advertisements!
  • Simplistic and easy to use management interface
  • Customer support that cares about its clients
  • Customer support that responds within 1-2 days.
  • And more as the program progresses...

I am hoping the majority is happy with where we are heading in the domain industry, and that everybody here is happy to see Bodis.com. We will be working extensively on adding user suggestions and feedback into the parking service.

Hopefully we can make a difference in the industry.

Aside from this, I'd like to point out a few more things. The lifetime of 100% revenue share is applicable to anybody that applies within the next 1-2 years. The revenue share may decrease after that only for new clients. Right now Bodis, LLC has the budget to keep itself afoot with 100% revenue share for another 1-2 years time.

Enjoy the website and feel free to leave any feedback/comments in this thread.

This topic has been replaced with:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
mwzd said:
Reduced from the previously high levels that you got used to at Bodis

or in comparison to any other program you used?

That imo is the pertinent question.

The revenue is reduced from the revenue that was previously had on Bodis. Now the revenue is nearing the numbers that we receive from other parking programs.

If the revenue are near the ones that we are experiencing from other parking programs it makes it more difficult for us to keep on with Bodis because of the loss in functionality that one would get from the other parking programs.

The "New Revolution in Parking" for me was the high revenue. That's what got me hooked to Bodis. Imagine if Bodis had the same revenue as with other parking programs. How many of us would stick with Bodis? I don't think a good number. The whole selling point of Bodis is that it will increase your revenue. So I'm hoping that Bodis will remember it's roots and concentrate on things that will maintain or increase it's previous revenue generating numbers.

- Bob

•••
My revenue for September was about 4% down in relation to August. If you take into account that September had 1 day less, I would say that it was the same as August.

Would be interesting to know how people's September revenue compared to August.

GIL

•••
my revenue 29 and 30 is only 60% revenue 28 september...

•••
I would think the stats problem may also be an issue in reporting income, it seems like besides the lower payout per click, some names get the exact same income per click every day which doesnt add up if you consider some people click on multiple adds so there should be a variable some days it should be higher some days and lower some because of higher/lower payouts depending on what link is clicked, hopefully all will be resolved

•••
To shift the focus of this thread for a bit to something a little more useful for Bodis users...

In doing my testing recently, I noticed several Bodis domains whose ads link pages only have one ad listed. Whereas, when I customized my Bodis domains, I made sure my keyword list produced ads link pages with the most number of relevant ad links - giving the viewer more choices, but also requiring more thought before clicking.

Which strategy do you all find to be most effective for higher CTR:

1. only one ad link per age
2. the more ad links per page, the better

•••
ArtfulWebSites said:
To shift the focus of this thread for a bit to something a little more useful for Bodis users...

In doing my testing recently, I noticed several Bodis domains whose ads link pages only have one ad listed. Whereas, when I customized my Bodis domains, I made sure my keyword list produced ads link pages with the most number of relevant ad links - giving the viewer more choices, but also requiring more thought before clicking.

Which strategy do you all find to be most effective for higher CTR:

1. only one ad link per age
2. the more ad links per page, the better

Joe, I have noticed that on some of my domains I have a number of different problems with the ads, ex:

-Some ads are completely irrelevant in relation to the links
-Diferent links show the same ads
-Some links show no ads at all

Of course this only happens on certain types of domains, like soccer for example, not being a top sport in the US will show irrelevant ads. Ex. Last week I customized the LeonelMessi.info domain but could not get any ads about Leonel who is one of the 5 top candidates of winning the Best Soccer Player of the world award this year. Another example: I customized QatarSportsGuide.com and the majority of ads were about Dubai and Kuwait which are different countries in the Middle East. :-/

Don't know what to do in these cases except may be wait a while and try other keywords. I have other other interesting examples but the above ones are enough

GIL

•••
Bodis Domain Management Process

GILSAN said:
Joe, I have noticed that on some of my domains I have a number of different problems with the ads, ex:

-Some ads are completely irrelevant in relation to the links
-Diferent links show the same ads
-Some links show no ads at all

Of course this only happens on certain types of domains, like soccer for example, not being a top sport in the US will show irrelevant ads. Ex. Last week I customized the LeonelMessi.info domain but could not get any ads about Leonel who is one of the 5 top candidates of winning the Best Soccer Player of the world award this year. Another example: I customized QatarSportsGuide.com and the majority of ads were about Dubai and Kuwait which are different countries in the Middle East. :-/

Don't know what to do in these cases except may be wait a while and try other keywords. I have other other interesting examples but the above ones are enough

GIL
GIL,

Here is my Domain management process for Bodis. I hope this helps:

1. Log in to your account
2. Click "Manage Domains" link, located in the left nav
3. From the list of your domains, click on the one you want to customize
4. Make sure to click on the second radio button named "Custom Landing Page"
5. Add your Title, Content Title, customize the Content Text, SKIP IMAGE UPLOAD for now,
click on Toggle Search to "On"
6. Click on the "Save Changes" button at the very bottom,
make sure you get a green check and "Domain has been updated successfully" message
at the top of the page. If no, correct any problems in the above.
7. Enter your keyword phrase into "Left Navigation", then click "Create Links"
8. Copy and paste the list from the generated "Links" box into a text editor
9. Click on the "Save Changes" button at the very bottom,
10. View your site and check each link on left to check the ad links page,
if ad links are not acceptable, delete that keyword link from the list in
the text editor.
11. When finished checking all the keyword links for that keyword phrase, repeat steps
7-10 with another keyword phrase until you have 15 acceptable keyword links
in your text editor (remove any duplicates)
12. Copy and paste the final keyword links list from the text editor into the "Links" box, and
click "Save Changes" at the bottom
13. Select various color schemes for your site
14. Create GIF or JPG image, 326 pixel wide by 171 pixel high that is less than 30 kb
15. Click "Browse..." to upload your image file. If you do not see a confirmation message,
just re-upload the image again.
16. View your site and cofirm everything is as you want it.

•••
shemaine said:
all in all, September is a bad month for me compared to August.

Lets all hope in October will be a great perfect month .

I wouldn't be optimistic, judging from the trend if you analyze the earnings by days. Revenue in early Sept is higher than end Sept. What makes you think the trend won't continue? All the controls being placed are making the revenue lower and lower.

The only thing that can make the revenue higher now is to subscribe to another feed that pays higher or one that can increase inventory of ads.

Bodis can't increase anymore % because they are already at 100%.

•••
Thanks Joe for that nicely elaborated management process.

I do all you mentioned except for steps 7-10 which I only repeat 2-3 times and that is probably where the answer to my questions lies. I need to repeat those steps 15-30 times until you get the correct links.

Thanks for your sugestion Joe I will start testing that tomorrow as I'm off to sleep because it's 2.30 in the morning!

GIL

Last edited:
•••
verbster said:
Edit: Today (28th), my revenue is 1/3 of normal and less than I would earn elsewhere. This is serious stuff. I'll give it a couple of days before deciding what to do.

Verbster, Yes, I'm hope I'm not being too hard on Bodis, I do mean very well and I want to see Bodis become the Bodis that it should be. I think we would all like to see that. But drops in revenue for me is around 1/3 as well consistently for days now so it is serious stuff. :(

Matt, if there is anything I can do to help. Let me know. I'm here to help out as much as I can to see this all work.

- Bob

•••
cfguru360 said:
Japanese traffic is now banned from the parking program.

Does anyone know which feed accepts Japanese traffic. I have a Hawaiian travel domain which gets a lot of Japanese traffic. Japanese tourists do travel to North America and stay in North American hotels. Seems pretty stupid that their traffic is banned.

avp

•••
My Sept. was down from August. Let's hope the glitches get worked out and help by reporting bugs, weird stuff, etc.

Andrea

•••
Weird??? First time revenue for 29/30 under a Buck?

•••
I know trlsker but something was obviously wrong re 9/29 -- my 9/30 was better than 9/29 -- but still not up to par. It started out very well for me at end of July and then --- has not been as well. It's new, and I'm not giving up on it because it shows promise and like any new service has its bugs to work out.

Andrea

•••
does bodis no longer accept new applications? i sign up it and pm cfguru360 but no reply.i don't know what happen.

•••
Only in the united states lol.

I found it very hard to skip out on a tax return.

There are couple parking companys in the caymans. Check there. Oh, frank went on record, he is not involved in any of them. Some rumors were flying that he was.

Bodis is doing the proper thing. Matt has to do tax stuff

•••
ArtfulWebSites said:
NO ADS DISPLAYED
This could be the reason why my revenue is going up and down like hell ;)

•••
yep, gone from ~$10 per day to a couple of cents in the last 2 days

•••
September earnings is 65 % of my August earnings. The result being less PPC for my financial domain names.

Is this trend going to continue or will we see improvement in earnings ?

•••
I had 360 names at Bodis in Aug. 531 now. Total Revenue is up almost as much as my portfolio has grown. So I'm not seeing the downtrend...but then again, most of my domains will only about make reg fee in a year.

In fact, one of my domains which does 20 odd visitors a day and no clicks had a click on the 29th! Though total revenue for 29th was lower than 28th or 30th by almost 50% its not that I've not had worse days before.

The Japanese traffic thing will only harm one domain for me, like avp mentions above. So I don't see it as too much of a problem, will move that domain...

I must say that people losing big money have all rights to be concerned but for most of us, Bodis has been heaven sent. I'm still doing multiple months of income elsewhere every month from Bodis.

And I can hardly wait for Bodis to get out of beta, I'm sure with the changes planned we'll all be singing 'Happy days are here again...'

So I'm going to stick it out with Bodis, though I will move some non performing names out to other programs.

•••
Once we get rid of the fraud the ppc should start going up.

Today we are doing a fraud audit.

•••
Matt, can you pm me back about why one of my names says "Domain not found in any user account." despite being in my account? someone on the thread said i should contact you to get it specially resolved so if you can do this for me, i would appreciate it :tu:

•••
Whats going on!!!!! Bodis please help...why have I been terminated? When I hear of others with their $100 days and I average $35 a month. I'm really upset. Suddenly without any justification I'm terminated. There must be something wrong, I don't understand, I have names parked on Fabulous, Sedo, Namedrive, Dotzup and Streamic with never a problem. Please respond...there must be a mistake. I have done nothing wrong...so what happened? I realize you are in Beta, and I have been most patient. In fact, I was thrilled that a few of my names have converted when previously they had done so poorly. But this is wrong and upsetting, not to mention humiliating besides.

Last edited:
•••
Okay, please email me the account user email to [email protected] if you don't think you should be terminated, but have been.

There are some people that have parked domains such as forex-info-systems.info and made like $2000 per month. No explanation needed from people like this. But if you have been possibly wrongfully terminated, just send me your email address and I will look into it. I am guessing 20%-30% are going to be terminated. There is a lot of unacceptable domains parked that are bringing in clicks from the wrong places.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back