NameSilo

The New DomainSponsor

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Does anyone have any opinions about the new DomainSponsor? My opinions are...

1. It's a more simple interface than before (which I can't find my way around)
2. My Account Manager, Henry Hsu, never replies to emails (I can only ever get a reply from him if I post a message on the Rook Media contact form)
3. My Selling Contact URL wasn't carried over. (I had to reset it).
4. There is no mass delete of domains (at least that I could find).
5. Revenue has been flat over Nov/Dec (but better performing than Voodoo at least).
6. I'm considering substituting DomainSponsor with RookMedia (should I do it?)

So. Overall. Not a great impression. What's yours?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No impression to share but may I ask, Why even stay with such a company?

•••
Well. As I said in #6. I'm considering moving to their parent company, Rook Media, which I've never tried before. But as for reasons for staying? They are my 2nd largest parking provider behind ParkingCrew and in front of Voodoo. But that isn't saying much. I'm fairly disappointed with both DomainSponsor and Voodoo. (I use Above.com to put my visitors to the best paying parking provider).

•••
Well considering Rook Media now owns DomainSponsor Id recommend you revisit #6.

•••
By revisit. Do you mean go with Rook Media or stay with DomainSponsor?

•••
it doesn't matter - rookmedia bought DS
DS from dead now for parking...

•••
well, I'd say my DS revenue decreased a lot since bought by rookmedia

•••
Mine has been absolutely flat with some substantial dips downwards.

I haven't really heard any opinions about people's experiences with the new DomainSponsor.

My first post just sounds like a gripe. It wasn't meant to be like that. It is a factual account of what my experiences to date have been. Not 100% satisfactory, but at least a lot better relatively, than Voodoo revenue in December, which has been almost half on my November revenues.

Last edited:
•••
As i spot checked some Domains of mine today, they seem to redirect to "seektoexplore.com", and then only a blank page is loading.
Its really sad that no one at DS is answering questions the last 2 Weeks!

•••
•••
any reply from them!
At my side: No! Its really strange that since December 16th all templates on my Domains are the same, they are not rotating like before.

•••
I just got a reply from my account manager, on 01/03 for a question I asked on 12/25. So it looks like they must have been on vacation :)

•••
I just got a reply from my account manager, on 01/03 for a question I asked on 12/25. So it looks like they must have been on vacation :)

well, you are lucky

I mailed RookMedia on 11/11 and my account manager on the 16th of Dec... still waiting for an answer

..although, now that I think of it, their no-answer looks like an answer to me, if you know what I mean.

•••
I suppose that depends on what the question was :)

•••
My X and XX clicks are gone for more than 10 days. Instead of that I am just getting pennies now. Should I switch to Voodoo?

•••
i noticed a drop in rev at DS, after Rook took over

so I be-itched about it and my account manager posted to the thread.

he said he'd try to kick up the rev a notch and so far it's looking a little better.

as for the new look of DS, it's ok.....but now the link to archive history is missing.

and that, is a problem

imo....

•••
Thanks for your answer Biggie.
Is it possible to see US traffic and exact searches visitors made?

•••
Thanks for your answer Biggie.
Is it possible to see US traffic and exact searches visitors made?

yes, go to "settings" then click "domain settings", then click any name from your list

•••
Thanks that shall do it.

•••
If you are looking to change away from DomainSponsor, I can understand why. Clicks are mere pennies after the new "improvements" :( In January between $0.01 and $0.06.

I wouldn't choose Voodoo. Their clicks in January have been between $0.01 and $0.74, but with an average of under $0.12, most of their clicks have also been pennies. Voodoo in December was just awful. Half of their November Revenues.

ParkingCrew clicks in January have been between $0.00 and $2.18. Parking Crew slaughtered everyone (for me) in December.

I just signed up with RookMedia in January. Their clicks have been between $0.02 and $5.27 so far.

So I would suggest either ParkingCrew or RookMedia.

I restarted with Bodis in January too. But their new control panel seems flaky to me. I wouldn't recommend them until it is more stable. Earnings have been zero so far in January.

I let Above pick and choose where to send the visitors.

Last edited:
•••
well, you are lucky
I mailed RookMedia on 11/11 and my account manager on the 16th of Dec... still waiting for an answer.
although, now that I think of it, their no-answer looks like an answer to me, if you know what I mean.

Not that lucky because I have not had any replies to the other dozen questions, I've had since then. This lack of a speedy response, coupled with such low earnings, probably means I'm going to drop them quite soon.

•••
...i delete from above.com my Ds account..its unplesantly from ten year cooperation, but no way..
- not listen new domains for 1 month, when have conflict with another account
- not answers support
- revenue is terrible

•••
I think D.S. used to have an 85% rev share and I believe they dropped people to a 50% rev share. Just my opinion.

•••
•••
Their lack of support responses and the extremely poor revenue results, I just can't keep track anymore of the number of unanswered support tickets, or to spend my time continuing to chase them up, for so little revenue. I've turned off the New DomainSponsor. It's a shame. They used to be one of the best. End of an era.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back