Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The Government of Montenegro recognized the potential worldwide appeal that .ME could have and decided it should be operated as a generic name space to gain the maximum benefit for Montenegro. The Government issued a public RFP in November 2007. The goal of the RFP was to find a Registration Agent that could operate an international registry, provide world class backend registry services, and provide the marketing and promotional muscle needed to make .ME a worldwide success. Ultimately, we believe they made an excellent choice!

The contract was awarded to doMEn, d.o.o., a Montenegro based joint venture (doing business as .ME Registry) whose partners are Afilias Limited, GoDaddy.com, Inc., and ME-net d.o.o.

Landrush will start June 6 till June 26, domain names with more than 2 applications will go into Auction.

Go Live on July 17.

SO, what do you all think about the coming .me?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
any .me renewal coupon code for GoDaddy?
can get it move below $16.99:
tried gdbb776, downforce, countless others. any suggestions?

Try the following 25% Off code: gdbbc1026
It should lower the price to 14.99 per name.

-Regards

•••
Hi,
Try domaintools dot com, Then click more tools and services box, then at the top of the page click recent sales.
In the search box type .me

•••
Hi, I can't see the "recent sales" option on the page you mention or on the site map. Could you post a link, please?

Hi,
Try domaintools dot com, Then click more tools and services box, then at the top of the page click recent sales.
In the search box type .me

•••
Looking through some of DNJournal's sales reports is a pretty safe bet, since they're divided into categories like ccTLD, etc. Did you also try googling ".me domain sales?" I've never had a problem finding plenty of past sales info, which is usually reposted on industry blogs. Sedo also held a premium .me auction, the results of which are posted all over the place.

•••
Thanks for all the responses, I have found some interesting articles. Rep to all.

Cheers,
Jay

•••
Thanks for all the responses, I have found some interesting articles. Rep to all.

Cheers,
Jay

If you could share links to a few articles, that'd be great...or PM them to me ...Thanx

•••
Might there be some sort of loose metric?

That a .me is 1% of a .com or so?

•••
Might there be some sort of loose metric?

That a .me is 1% of a .com or so?

id say more than that :lol:
all depends on the name...

but, .me is on the rise!! :imho:

•••
PNA.me ~~ LMA.me (my second and third 3L)

•••
•••
id say more than that :lol:
all depends on the name...

but, .me is on the rise!! :imho:

Not to jinx it, but based on my sales the last few weeks, .me is doing better than .com at the moment.

•••
Not to jinx it, but based on my sales the last few weeks, .me is doing better than .com at the moment.

I certainly don't want to jinx DOTME either, but I'm getting more inquiries for my premium dotme names, than premium .com, or premium .org. Of course, I also conjecture that these folks realize the premium .com names will cost much more.

I've sold one premium .me in the past month, and I'm entertaining an offer for one of my top .me names that I won at the first auction in 2008.

So, yes, the future looks bright for the extension. Of course, like any extension, you need solid premiums, or a site that's very innovative, with great traffic, user base, and well-coded, like formspring.me, about.me, threewords.me
%%-

Last edited:
•••
What do you guys think of spiders.me !!

•••
with a company like godaddy behind .me I wouldn't rule out anything in terms of the potential success of the extension. Happy I was able to buy a few. dominoes.me | juicing.me | zipcodes.me | cashloan4.me | https://cashloan.me Private + SSL Secure personal Cash Loans

Last edited:
•••
Hi Guys, it might be irrelevant, but where is the cheapest .me registrar?

I'm struggling to find a good one...

•••
i've been using godaddy. 8.95 or something like that.

also, I'm hearing there is going to be a godaddy .co girl this year in superbowl ad., but honestly what about .Me?

•••
Hi, I can't see the "recent sales" option on the page you mention or on the site map. Could you post a link, please?

this is the link , it says sale history instead of recent sales..hope you'l find what you are looking for.:wave:

•••
•••
name.com is offering .me for 7.99, but is there any place offering it cheaper?

Also, for transferring .me domains, most of the companies are charging $15+/year. Does anyone know any registrar offering cheap transfers?

•••
regarding .ME renewal pricing:

any .me renewal coupon code for GoDaddy?
can get it move below $16.99:
tried gdbb776, downforce, countless others. any suggestions?

Try the following 25% Off code: gdbbc1026
It should lower the price to 14.99 per name.

-Regards

I can not get this code to work. Has anyone else had success with this code or have other solutions?

•••
The code works fine. I just tested it again and it removed $5 from the cost of a .ME renewal. Try gdz132a, which is another 25% Off Code.

-Regards

•••
•••
Domain Fest - DOTME SCORES BIG

Kollywood(.)me

nice name, but I'd prefer Hollywood.me, or Bollywood.me (well, of course):imho:

Most of the names in the Live Auction at DOMAIN FEST this evening did not meet reserve;however the only 2 DOTME names sold:

Kiss.me 10K
Love.me 32K, with three parties on the floor in a bidding war

DOTME is HOT:gl:

•••
Love.me sale might be good news for me I own a veryyy similar name :)

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back