NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The Government of Montenegro recognized the potential worldwide appeal that .ME could have and decided it should be operated as a generic name space to gain the maximum benefit for Montenegro. The Government issued a public RFP in November 2007. The goal of the RFP was to find a Registration Agent that could operate an international registry, provide world class backend registry services, and provide the marketing and promotional muscle needed to make .ME a worldwide success. Ultimately, we believe they made an excellent choice!

The contract was awarded to doMEn, d.o.o., a Montenegro based joint venture (doing business as .ME Registry) whose partners are Afilias Limited, GoDaddy.com, Inc., and ME-net d.o.o.

Landrush will start June 6 till June 26, domain names with more than 2 applications will go into Auction.

Go Live on July 17.

SO, what do you all think about the coming .me?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
in-box.me is available.. surprized no one has grabbed it, even hyphenated. My neices say this all the time on Facebook.

•••
in-box.me is available.. surprized no one has grabbed it, even hyphenated. My neices say this all the time on Facebook.

hehe, good one, grabbed it :) thx:)

i could set up an email service with this and add u, and then u give that email to your neices, i bet they'd look suprised :d

•••
Love.me sale might be good news for me I own a veryyy similar name :)

Similar makes no difference.

It's like saying loved.me is similar to love.me. Not even close. Only name that matters is love.me!

•••
I'm a fan of .ME's but the auction sales for hack terms like Love.me and Kiss.me are not really a good indicator of the market overall. Those have always done well. I still see good keyword names going for very low prices on aftermarket sites like Go Daddy auctions. They're still out there and they're cheap. Time will tell how strongly .ME gets embraced. But, at least we're still seeing nice interest in those names that fit well with the .ME extension.

•••
My first (maybe my last)
Unpark.me

Going to be my little promotional site
For my Minisites & Brochure sites

•••
•••
•••

Great concept and entertaining article / TED Talk. Are you Ze Frank?

---------- Post added at 06:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 AM ----------

I received unsolicited inquiries / offers this week for:

Salt[.]me
Turbo[.]me
iBe[.]me

The .me market continues to heat up!

Last edited:
•••
•••
Silicon Valley startups love DOTME -- Star.me is stellar!

•••
What do you think about:

hallelujah.me

"hallelujah"
246,000 exact searches
1,830,000 broad searches

•••
•••
•••
•••
just regged caricatures.me

•••
I just posted a list of available first names in .me and other tlds in Available Domain Names section.

•••
I just posted a list of available first names in .me and other tlds in Available Domain Names section.
Grabbed sang.me from your list. Many thanks! It sang to .me :kickass:

Last edited:
•••
.me for 4.99€ on DomainMonster. very fair!!

•••
What do you think of NNN .me's and LLLL .me's? Are they worth the Reg? Thanks in advance for your thoughts and opinions.

-Regards

•••
What do you think of NNN .me's and LLLL .me's? Are they worth the Reg? Thanks in advance for your thoughts and opinions.

-Regards

I really don't think so. Ask yourself why would "I" (meaning an end user) want a NNN or LLLL .me? I've asked myself this for many months as I watch nice NNN and LLLL .me names dropping all the time. I just don't see the demand for them from the driving market force... the end user.

That said, I do believe there is a market for focused english word .mes that are under 6 letters that make sense as a startup brand. I've had good success in this space and would encourage investment in a strong one worder, as opposed to a random NNN or LLLL.

I also think the world is flat and iPhone would never become popular. Time, as always, will tell.

Last edited:
•••
I agree with Source.

The whole idea of .me is the "domain hack" like kiss.me, love.me, follow.me...Those domains are easy to remember and they are perfect for developing.

ztt.me, xgu.me... - mean nothing

-Regards

•••
Thank you both for your posts. Great info and much appreciated. I myself have been on the fence, so to speak, about .ME names. I have Reg'd a few in recent weeks, but figured I would inquire as to a good direction to take with that TLD if it keeps my interest. Thanks again. Repped you both.

-Regards

•••
•••
SOLD one of my DOTME Babies last week - Hollywood.me for xxxxx

I had plans for developing this name into a great site, but I just have too many projects/ventures going, and the BUYER really has a solid plan for development. It's definitely a great premium name, and the Buyer's plans for the proposed site should add to another stellar, or should I say, Star-struck, site?

Price was five figures - not sure I can disclose the actual price. I paid close to 5K in the original DOTME auction in 2008, so I feel both parties won on this transaction. A large media conglomerate contacted me about the name, just prior to the Global Financial Crisis in October of 2008, but they moved on, saying they were putting a moratorium on acquisitions due to the "Financial climate".

Hollywood.me found a good home -- and I look forward to seeing the cinematic site after it launches.

Bye, Bye, Hollywood baby...but, don't worry, you're going to a very good home.

•••
WoW! nametrekker, congratulations to you

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back