NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The Government of Montenegro recognized the potential worldwide appeal that .ME could have and decided it should be operated as a generic name space to gain the maximum benefit for Montenegro. The Government issued a public RFP in November 2007. The goal of the RFP was to find a Registration Agent that could operate an international registry, provide world class backend registry services, and provide the marketing and promotional muscle needed to make .ME a worldwide success. Ultimately, we believe they made an excellent choice!

The contract was awarded to doMEn, d.o.o., a Montenegro based joint venture (doing business as .ME Registry) whose partners are Afilias Limited, GoDaddy.com, Inc., and ME-net d.o.o.

Landrush will start June 6 till June 26, domain names with more than 2 applications will go into Auction.

Go Live on July 17.

SO, what do you all think about the coming .me?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
anyways i will see if i can get it canceled soon, thanks for the eye opener i never looked at it that way

Your welcome

can you tell the name of the german domain forum:gn:

Sold it at consultdomain.de , funny thing is I called up a german domain broker 2 days prior and he told me that the domain is worthless and I told him he is missing out, so I just did a single post in this forum and after a few hours I had my enduser... :D

Very nice it's now time to develop guys, those are great news...

:)

Does anyone here know how google regards domain hacks? Do you think I will have a chance to rank for perfume with my domain perfu.me or will I only rank for perfu???

•••
you'll rank for perfu and perfu.me best of all

•••
•••
•••
I'm curious to know why this thread has not been accepted in the Domain Name Discussion forum...

.me should not be considered as a ccTLD anymore! Or am I missing something? What is the difference between .me and, let's say, .info now?

Watch this space. Now that the economies around the world are beginning to recover, I think we will see more activity with .me.

I think it's a big plus that g00gle have lifted the geo targeting on .me, and maybe they know something that we don't (yet). They do state tho, that you are likely to receive less traffic from them if you change the targeting.

•••
There are people on namepros who really don't like .me! My thread has been moved from the Domain Name Discussion forum to the ccTLD forum and then merged into this main .me thread!

The fact that Google now sees .me as a neutral TLD is big news! It means .me should not be seen as a ccTLD anymore. If I'm correct the .me TLD was sold by Montenegro so it can be freely available as a gTLD. And now Google agrees it is.

What more does a TLD need to be seen as generic??

I don't want to be a jerk and this is my last message about this. But in my opinion .me threads should now be moved to the Domain Name Discussion forum because .me is not a ccTLD anymore.

Or am I missing something?

I think it's a big plus that g00gle have lifted the geo targeting on .me, and maybe they know something that we don't (yet).
Let's hope!

•••
Excuse .me but .me is and remains a ccTLD, not matter how it is treated by google. Actually, google does not automatically treat it like a GTLD, you just have the option of making it geoneutral for SEO purposes. I don't think .me deserves special treatment, besides people would claim special treatment for .tv too but if there is enough, consistent discussion volume perhaps .me could get a subforum of its own here on NP.

•••
In my opinion, the dot.me extension is the only new ext that has ever gotten me excited...It somehow seems "different", I think the brandability factor is what's best... .. dot.com is commercial, whereas .me is personal... So many names just fit with this ext...

I think with these recent developments, .me is even going to take off more than ever... And godaddy is promoting dot.me in a major way, and like em or not, godaddy is #1, and will be for quite a while it seems...

for instance, I have the following .me domains:
TimeSavers.me
Sportscast.me
FireInsurance.me
Bellyrings.me

I think they are potentially in the long term much more brandable than the .com versions...and the brandability is what we are all looking for.. I think dot.me is here to stay, and the naysayers will be proven wrong about treating this ext just like any other "new" extension....

•••
Excuse .me but .me is and remains a ccTLD, not matter how it is treated by google. Actually, google does not automatically treat it like a GTLD, you just have the option of making it geoneutral for SEO purposes. I don't think .me deserves special treatment, besides people would claim special treatment for .tv too but if there is enough, consistent discussion volume perhaps .me could get a subforum of its own here on NP.
Ok, so let's say .me is still a ccTLD but a kind of ccTLD that has exactly the same advantages as a gTLD. I can live with that definition!

By the way, I'm not sure there is currently enough discussion about .me to require a subforum *. My question was about if .me is still a ccTLD or not anymore.

* Maybe more than one .me threads should be accepted in the ccTLD forum though.. Not always be merged into this one.

Last edited:
•••
I'm curious to know why this thread has not been accepted in the Domain Name Discussion forum...

.me should not be considered as a ccTLD anymore! Or am I missing something? What is the difference between .me and, let's say, .info now?

Yes i also find it very very strange, because it is very interesting domain news.
I hope this is not to protect the big .com investors.

Can we get a explanation why DotMe always
are removed from Domain Name Discussion forum?

I seen this happen so many times every time there is some very postive news about dotme domains

•••
Yes i also find it very very strange, because it is very interesting domain news.
I hope this is not to protect the big .com investors.
Undoubtedly there is a conspiracy ;)
Can we get a explanation why DotMe always
are removed from Domain Name Discussion forum?

I seen this happen so many times every time there is some very postive news about dotme domains
Code:
ccTLD Discussion Talk specific to country code top level domains.
The moderator for this section is  [URL="http://www.namepros.com/members/46869.html"]Samit[/URL]
Moderators
Moderators : 1
Samit

•••
Undoubtedly there is a conspiracy ;)

Code:
ccTLD Discussion Talk specific to country code top level domains.
The moderator for this section is  [URL="http://www.namepros.com/members/46869.html"]Samit[/URL]
Moderators
Moderators : 1
Samit

Well i posted in past some record new ME sales in the industry-news section Industry News - NamePros.com

There where also removed even it was total new news.
So tell me why they where removed?

•••
Great news regarding .me being regarded as a neutral .tld by google.

May I ask as I dont have experience in such matters but how do they treat .cc .tv and .ws? Trying to guage how positive this development is.

•••

May I ask as I dont have experience in such matters but how do they treat .cc .tv and .ws? Trying to guage how positive this development is.
I can't tell you since I have no experience with those 3 TLD. But I'm curious about .tv me too.

•••
.tv is GEO-neutral in Google too.

•••
•••
I'd like to showcase some of my .ME domains. I personally think along with .TV they are the BEST domain extensions out there

Im gonna hold on to these for the next real estate bubble ;p in 10 years ;p

BocaRatonRealEstate.me

CoralGablesRealEstate.me

fortlauderdalerealestate.me

HGH.me - will become new design in future

HumanGrowthHormone.me

StemCellTherapy.ME - not developed

GeneTherapy.me - not developed

GrowthHormone.me - Developed Web Site.

hghtherapy.me - developed / copy of hgh.me

KeyWestRealEstate.me - developed site

manalapan.me developed

miamibeachrealestate.me

I need to redo the headers on most of these sites!

newyorkcityrealestate.me

So many more............................

i need to develop these domains and add more images and content

•••

I have a front page blogsite that is a .ws , in australia it is at 1st postion

if i go to google.com/ncr its about 7th ?

unusual news is the search phrase , and its a very plain looking site , i just think because of regular content it has made it to front page

Same is possible of all extensions Unusual News

I also have www.startabusiness.me but because its a an affiliate site it wont ever make it to the big time , but i still like

•••
Now we need to develop

That google now has the option of making .Me geoneutral is amazing news!
It is finally worth developing these .ME domains into sites without being penalized for being tied to a specific country!
I have a few very high profile .me domains (I prefer not to post in a public thread) that I would like to have developed.
If anyone here is as passionate about .Me as I am, has the ability to develop custom sites, and would like to help develop a high end .me for a share in the revenue PM me.

My portfolio includes 70 .Me names some of which i have rejected many offers for.
Last month I sold one of them for $8000 which is now a fully developed site and a .Me hack for $1500 which is under development.

Developing these will help increase the value of all of our .Me domains so please send me a PM with past work.

Thanks so much and good luck to all of you!!!!

•••
Great news Tata, thanks for sharing - I have waited a long time for this to happen!

Great news for .me :)

Maybe now i sell some !!! eheh

Fingers crossed!

Ok, so let's say .me is still a ccTLD but a kind of ccTLD that has exactly the same advantages as a gTLD. I can live with that definition!

By the way, I'm not sure there is currently enough discussion about .me to require a subforum *. My question was about if .me is still a ccTLD or not anymore.

* Maybe more than one .me threads should be accepted in the ccTLD forum though.. Not always be merged into this one.

It's an undisputed fact that .ME soared past .TV and .MOBI domains in terms of both sales and sites registered on Google some time ago, as I mentioned in my "Why .ME?" article (sorry, shameless plug!). Both of these extensions have their own sub-forum so why doesn't .ME? There might not be as many threads about .ME yet but maybe there would be if it had its own sub-forum?

•••
gingerbreadweb, the issue about the subforum for .me was Discussed here as far as I remember.

•••
Good news for .me
This might help bring awareness to endusers.

For those looking to develop, I have a sales thread going here

If you are looking to develop, I am sure you won't find a better value.

•••
Looks like tweetmeme.com launched Retwt.me as a new URL shortening service, Tweetmeme.com has had exponential growth, nice to see them choose a .ME

•••
Looks like tweetmeme.com launched Retwt.me as a new URL shortening service, Tweetmeme.com has had exponential growth, nice to see them choose a .ME

Various "tweet" domains seem pretty hot now. I have tweeter.me and I have received several inquiries in the last few weeks.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back