NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello, I think it would be pretty useful to keep track of all LLLL.com sales , even the little ones under $100 so that , pretty soon , when the available LLLL.com will be finished , we`ll have a better idea on market prices.

It is important that these sales are confirmed. So before to post, make sure payment went OK.

I will start with todays` Sedo confirmed sales:

FISE.com 2,700 Euros
TSRT.com US $760
VEUP.com US $1,700

Also, I found interesting to see this average LLLL, getting bids up to $51 and reserve not me. It says it all.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...110154111735_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40QQfviZ1

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The thing is, once we make the decision to invest, it's human nature to subconsciously skew all our incoming data to support our decision.

Well said.

I may still be wrong about LLLL futures, but I can't yet see how. That's why the negative posts help. If they don't pierce the armor, then I feel some reassurance from that. If they do, then maybe I'll get out before the rush and cut my losses. And negative sentiment keeps prices down - that's good for buyers.

Unless you are holding premiums it is too late for that.

I think it was Reece who commented that, while keyword domains only apply to one language and one niche, LLLL acronyms can be applied to just about any language and any industry. That is a powerful argument when someone complains that an LLLL doesn't mean anything - because conversely, there are no limits on their potential meanings.

That is because most have no meaning, it isn't s selling point in my view. Vague isn't good online.

•••
I suspect that deep down, the naysayers want to be convinced otherwise, and are fishing for that winning bit of persuasion.

Interesting thoughts. But I think for myself, it's more of a curiosity. An exploration into the human emotion of denial.

In December of 2008, I stated that LLLLs would begin to drop and become available for registration by the summer of 2009. At that time, every single regular contributor of this thread stated it would never happen.

Now, those same people are saying the buyout will hold even as the drops are accelerating and remaining available for longer and longer periods. Understanding human behavior, is without question, a very difficult task indeed. IMHO.

•••
Haha @ philosophical clairvoyants with their crystal balls in here.

If anyone is interested here is how eBay has been doing lately..

All individual LLLL.com sales so far for August:

1st
KAJW $10.50
ZDUZ $2.99
ZMJU $5.01
TWBJ $10.49
LCUM $46.51

2nd
UQQL $15.50
VLYK $3.24
OVZB $3.26
KEJG $11.73
KPQL $9.99
QTVO $17.50
FOBK $47.50
DUHX $12.50
JGZA $9.97
JGZI $9.97
YVBW $9.97
ZRKZ $9.97

3rd
YGQO $2.99
UTFJ $10.50
XZOJ $11.05
XQOJ $9.99
XVUJ $9.99
JWOQ $9.99
LQIW $9.99
VZVW $9.00
YVDC $9.09
YKHU $5.50
NZEG $26.00

4th
WQQJ $20.50
DTXF $9.53
QTVD $21.50
YLYV $4.25
KJVS $11.03
MVHY $10.51
OPTQ $16.25
JFKZ $49.00
KWUO $12.00
YBTR $20.50
BLIY $81.00
VLMV $10.51
FHHJ $16.00
HVJU $3.58
VGSZ $9.49
HGIY $51.00
VCQO $9.99
VFOQ $9.99
HFYO $10.49
VMXU $10.49
MQPW $4.54
ICRZ $31.00

5th
QWMN $10.00
KVGF $8.50
BGDY $15.50
YXAU $2.35
FVUY $4.75
XXBQ $14.01
DFJE $16.00
ZOGR $50.00
EWTX $13.01
YCMW $19.99

6th
YLVZ $9.49
YMHW $15.50
VQHG $15.50
YMWC $15.50
DRFQ $26.05
YVQM $4.26
LHYT $9.00
NZYK $15.50
XVHP $4.02
PEJF $17.00
GYVK $4.25
VZHH $26.00
PQVQ $9.26
AQOM $52.11
DDDJ $456.00

Things don't look terribly bad.

Sellers: if you don't flood eBay with dozens and dozens of your LLLL at the same time, prices should be alright

•••
Two drops have been available for 5 minutes. Please click the top link in my signature if you want to see them. Edit: both gone by 11:24 BST but could've been taken much faster as was busy at eBay.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I'll go ahead and report my sales from the end of July since strangely enough, they were never listed here (if I'm mistaken, my apologies). Ended on a Sunday afternoon which is prime time for ending Ebay auctions.

vuwj $.01
suwq $.01
niwq $.01
muqk $.01
juwq $.01

The buyer of the above hasn't responded to my requests to push the domains.

uedz $.06
uahx $.06
quwk $.06
huqt $.06
vgwb $3.75

I'm realizing that this thread is not a good representation of the market at this time.

•••
Sunday evening is not the best time for ending domain auctions. Domainers are not that active on weekends as major auction sites can be ghost towns on weekends.

Were all these expiring very soon?

Brad

I'll go ahead and report my sales from the end of July since strangely enough, they were never listed here (if I'm mistaken, my apologies). Ended on a Sunday afternoon which is prime time for ending Ebay auctions.

vuwj $.01
suwq $.01
niwq $.01
muqk $.01
juwq $.01

uedz $.06
uahx $.06
quwk $.06
huqt $.06
vgwb $3.75

I'm realizing that this thread is not a good representation of the market at this time.

•••
Brad I just checked those domains expire on the 14th of this month

•••
I think it is established at this point that mediocre expiring LLLL + a flooded eBay is not a good combo for getting top dollar.

Good LLLL still do well on eBay, for instance triple repeats seem to always do much better there than on SEDO or other marketplaces.

Many LLLL.com have end users, and it would be a pretty good idea to explore that option as well before dropping or selling these for peanuts.

Brad

Brad I just checked those domains expire on the 14th of this month

•••
Who would have bothered bidding on them when they are about to expire and are needed to be renewed ;)

•••
I tried to bid on several of these domains, but was barred as I'm from the UK. You made a basic mistake in your listings in that you didn't make allowance for international bidders. I contacted you at the time but you were unable to allow me to bid in time.

Also, as bmugford says, Sunday is not a good day for ending LLLL.com domains. I personally prefer Monday to Thursday.

These prices are therefore not representative of current eBay prices.

vuwj $.01
suwq $.01
niwq $.01
muqk $.01
juwq $.01

uedz $.06
uahx $.06
quwk $.06
huqt $.06
vgwb $3.75

•••

vuwj $.01
suwq $.01
niwq $.01
muqk $.01
juwq $.01

uedz $.06
uahx $.06
quwk $.06
huqt $.06
vgwb $3.75

You are better off starting them here on Namepros for $1 each and letting them ride. At least that way you will make $10-$20 more than you would have.

•••
You made a basic mistake in your listings in that you didn't make allowance for international bidders.
Nice catch Ian, I didn't see that. That's a huge mistake by them. I wonder how many LLLL eBay sellers have had their shipping set to United States only lately, or to their own country, only.

I know most of my LLLL eBay buyers are from out of the states.

Regarding ending auctions on Sundays, that is usually my best day for tangible goods, but for my domains ending on Sundays it has been hit-and-miss.

•••
The last 2 days on TDNX:

zvds $25
rwij $20
rqlg $20
qvrx $20
qcyv $20
oyfa $31
mqva $25
lgiq $25
juah $100
hxik $25
hbuj $25
gybs $58
ghvj $25
egqi $41
ejxi $25
dxnk $25
dyrq $25
djth $25
bhgk $20
aprd $224
zzex $20
xgla $20
vwdu $20
tiwk $35
qwyg $20
qnvx $20
pwvb $20
raan $631
poxk $20
nrrq $20
khxh $20
jbkp $20
htke $25
huht $51
bivk $36
bdyf $25
renewals have been added

•••
Four drops have been available to register for three minutes. Please click the top link in my signature to view. Edit: still available at 11:20 BST.

Last edited:
•••
Four drops have been available to register for three minutes. Please click the top link in my signature to view. Edit: still available at 11:20 BST.

Now Gone, I specialy like OUJH.COM
But luck is not with me

•••
hi,

this one caught my attention because not only it's a good acronym but mostly because of who was the previous owner and because it was deleted from the registry:

ucsd.com

it is currently on a private auction at NameJet at $3,100 with 3 hours left.

anyone knows the reason for this drop? URDP? :|

regards,
tonecas

•••
A nice name, but it's above my current budget. Who was the previous owner? And, how do you know it was deleted from the registry? Just curious about it :)

hi,

this one caught my attention because not only it's a good acronym but mostly because of who was the previous owner and because it was deleted from the registry:

ucsd.com

it is currently on a private auction at NameJet at $3,100 with 3 hours left.

anyone knows the reason for this drop? URDP? :|

regards,
tonecas

•••
A nice name, but it's above my current budget. Who was the previous owner? And, how do you know it was deleted from the registry? Just curious about it :)

Coul dbe a private auction by ex owner.. NJ is quite notorious about that kind eh!!

•••
For the first time since January, average sale prices on eBay during July rose against the previous month. Not by much, it has to be said, but at least prices didn't fall yet again. Here's an analysis of trends over the past nine months. As always, I've excluded domains selling for more than $100 as I consider them outliers on eBay. All averages below are based on trendlines calculated from weekly figures, so smoothing out irregularities.

Mean prices have fallen over the last 9 months at an average rate of about $1.81 a month, a total of $16.27 over the period. The trend was a drop from $24.43 to $8.15, which is a drop of 83% based on the midpoint.

The average drop over the last 3 months was about $2.04 a month.

The best week of the period was November week 2 with a mean price of $28.47, and the worst week was June week 3 with a mean price of $6.53.

Monthly means were -

November $23.25
December $20.14
January $21.41
February $20.13
March $17.47
April $14.83
May $13.39
June $8.57
July $8.61

Average remaining registration continued to fall. The overall November-March average was about 7.5 months, the overall April-July average was about 3.9 months. This fall accounts for about 48 cents of the monthly price drop, bringing the effective price drop down to about $1.33 a month.

Average domain quality was again down during July compared to previous months. The overall effect of this over the past 9 months accounts for about 25 cents of the monthly price drop, bringing the effective price drop down to about $1.08 a month.

The very small price increase from June to July doesn't mean much on its own. However, as Nem0 reported a few days ago, prices during the first week of August have been very encouraging. August week 1 was the best week on eBay since April week 2. Taking these two facts together suggests that eBay sales may be in recovery following a bad spell over the past few months. We can but hope...

•••
Monthly means were -

November $23.25
December $20.14
January $21.41
February $20.13
March $17.47
April $14.83
May $13.39
June $8.57
July $8.61

I've got to give you credit for finding anything positive in those numbers. Kudos.

•••
I've got to give you credit for finding anything positive in those numbers. Kudos.
He's just stating facts. There's no need to be a "Debby Downer" anytime someone posts something you don't agree with. [enter snoop]

•••
What makes a good $x,xxx LLLL.com name? I can't find much of a pattern in the sales reported at DNJournal for them.

•••
•••
What makes a good $x,xxx LLLL.com name? I can't find much of a pattern in the sales reported at DNJournal for them.
With UCSD.com I suspect that it is costly because it is the acronym of the University of California, San Diego - although the trademark (or at least common law trademark) would keep me away.

I am interested in other's more general replies to this question.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back