NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello, I think it would be pretty useful to keep track of all LLLL.com sales , even the little ones under $100 so that , pretty soon , when the available LLLL.com will be finished , we`ll have a better idea on market prices.

It is important that these sales are confirmed. So before to post, make sure payment went OK.

I will start with todays` Sedo confirmed sales:

FISE.com 2,700 Euros
TSRT.com US $760
VEUP.com US $1,700

Also, I found interesting to see this average LLLL, getting bids up to $51 and reserve not me. It says it all.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...110154111735_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40QQfviZ1

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There was clearly a bubble after the buy-out. The corresponding burst was probably inevitable and predictable, but it was surely made much worse by the economic crisis. Now, that has nothing to do with the long term potential of these names. The price of quality LLLL.com's had been consistently growing several years before the buy-out. I expect this trend to resume now that the economic recovery is at sight. In fact, there are early signs that a bottom has been reached in the market, as showed by ianmcd's statistics in this same thread. We'll have to wait a few weeks or months for confirmation.

By the way, THERE ARE many long term holders of these domains, including many members of this forum, and several big companies in the domain sector.

The flaw in that logic is that LLL.com & LLLL.com are different beasts. LLL are popular for acronyms but LLLL ? The LLLL bubble has burst and that was perfectly predictable.

•••
The flaw in that logic is that LLL.com & LLLL.com are different beasts. LLL are popular for acronyms but LLLL ? The LLLL bubble has burst and that was perfectly predictable.
Just as it is tough to dissociate quality llll.com from not so good llll.com in terms of price drops as we've recently seen, keep in mind that lll.com are also similarly tied in. If cvcv.com drop to $2k, don't expect much more for low quality lll.com

The fall in price has affected llll.com and lll.com almost equally in terms of percentages. In absolute terms it matters only depending on when you did buy the names.

Now, that has nothing to do with the long term potential of these names.
Absolutely correct. :tu:

•••
By the way, THERE ARE many long term holders of these domains, including many members of this forum, and several big companies in the domain sector.
Not to mention, there are plenty of newcomers coming into the game late, who will be buying up hundreds of these names as well. Most people would rather type in a 4 letter "crap" .com, then type in something that is 20 characters long, regardless of letter quality. Just because QKZX is considered a low quality name in the domain world, doesn't mean someone would rather type in a 20 letter domain name.

•••
Only people with multiple Credit cards because they don't let you use those codes with paypal...

That must be a VERY new policy.

•••

I think for the first time I don't really agree with you. The llll.com's I own have much more acronyms than most low end lll.com's, yet they cost 10 times more. There are limitless and amazing acronyms for llll.com, and there will be more and more acronyms by the years, as Internet penetration grows, more companies appear etc.

•••
I don't think all LLLL.com are useless, for instance good combos like CVCV or brandables are nice to have. But it's only a limited portion of the available supply. The people who bought hundreds of LLLL like QVKX are left holding the bag today. At this point the market for these is virtually nil. Too few practical uses.
I agree that a 'good' LLLL may be preferable to a 'bad' LLL even though the market may disagree.

•••
I think for the first time I don't really agree with you. The llll.com's I own have much more acronyms than most low end lll.com's, yet they cost 10 times more. There are limitless and amazing acronyms for llll.com, and there will be more and more acronyms by the years, as Internet penetration grows, more companies appear etc.

Low end LLL.com are valuable because they are collectible. It is a very different market to names with enduser appeal.

For a long time people (especially LLLL.com owners) have been arguing why they thing their names are better than low quality LLL.com, in my vew those people do not really understand the LLL.com market.

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

The fall in price has affected llll.com and lll.com almost equally in terms of percentages. In absolute terms it matters only depending on when you did buy the names.

What do you base that on? LLL.com generally looks to be down about 50%, LLLL.com is down more like 80%-100%.

•••
I don't think all LLLL.com are useless, for instance good combos like CVCV or brandables are nice to have. But it's only a limited portion of the available supply. The people who bought hundreds of LLLL like QVKX are left holding the bag today. At this point the market for these is virtually nil. Too few practical uses.
I agree that a 'good' LLLL may be preferable to a 'bad' LLL even though the market may disagree.
I think the most difficult part here is defining a 'good' LLLL.com domain. Some might include most triple premium combinations, others might say only all premium, good pronounceables, lots of registered acronyms, potential end users etc. The key here is applying your knowledge of the marketplace, being patient and discerning about what you buy (there's no rush), seriously considering the amount of risk you're prepared to take and investing no more than you're prepared to lose.

I like to acquire LLLL.com domains that I see as having good potential for a very keen price, some to flip and some to hold. I wouldn't bother with QVKX type domains though but even these are being registered quite quickly from the drop. The danger with these worst types is that they remain catch, flip and drop (like many CCC.nets, the minimum reseller value of which has remained at ~reg. fee for as long as I've known 3character.com). Why pay another $7.75 for something that's only worth $7.75 and will likely diminish in value for each month of registration, at least in the short term? Too much risk vs insufficient chance of reward with these bottom of the barrel examples IMO, especially when markedly better names can be had for only slightly more money if you look carefully.

Last edited:
•••
I think the most difficult part here is defining a 'good' LLLL.com domain.

Find the ones that were registered before the buyout was conceived and started and you will have your answer.

•••
Find the ones that were registered before the buyout was conceived and started and you will have your answer.
That's a rather sweeping generalization although the overall quality must have been higher. I imagine there were many LLLL.coms that domainers would see as low quality registered then as now.

•••
That's a rather sweeping generalization although the overall quality must have been higher. I imagine there were many LLLL.coms that domainers would see as low quality registered then as now.

Yeah, I was trying to simplify something that people are trying to make complicated. It's a generalization, but I imagine a fairly accurate one. Random LLLLs that were purchased simply because they were LLLLs are the ones that are now worthless. IMO.

•••

The market doesn't disagree, just see the massive number of llll.com end-user sales each month compared to lll.com sales. It is also not only about cvcv's, vcvc's and brandables. Seemingly meaningless llll.com's have amazing number of acronyms. Just make the research before buying. The qvkx llll.com's are just a portion of llll.com's although Snoop tries to make it look the largest niche within llll's. In long term I also have no doubt that the low end will be valuable - many end-users from non english speaking countries, and short domains will always be valuable.

•••
Today's LLLL.com drops were all gone before I could publish, in less than 5 minutes.

•••
•••
•••
I sold eacx for $720. Payment already received :)

•••
LOL there is truth in that... I have a few LLLL.com too, not many but I have had them for years (when you could have them for reg fee). I was quite uneasy when I witnessed the LLLL craze, people were paying $200+ for mediocre combos and drawing parallels with LLL.com... the LLL have tanked too, but not in the same proportions.

Seemingly meaningless llll.com's have amazing number of acronyms.
I think it all boils down to how many possible end users there are for a given name then. For example, you own QHKX.com and there are only 10 known companies on the Planet that use that acronym, and they are all based in China, then the name will not be very liquid.

In long term I also have no doubt that the low end will be valuable - many end-users from non english speaking countries, and short domains will always be valuable.
To say that short domains will always be valuable is a blanket statement IMHO. Short domains are valuable if they can mean something to an end user that exists.
I can readily admit that they will appreciate over time, just for the sake of scarcity (limited supply). The problem is, and it's not just in that niche, are domainers willing to hold and wait for years to make a good return on them.

•••
The last few days on Namejet:

mktv $1,512
innn $620
hmcf $140
apth $220
cipl $234

Today on Sedo:

lngh $149
ehdo $235
bbhd $337

•••
The last few days on Namejet:

mktv $1,512
innn $620
hmcf $140
apth $220
cipl $234

Today on Sedo:

lngh $149
ehdo $235
bbhd $337

I was following/bidding on those domains at Sedo and I think those are very good prices for the sellers.

•••
I was following/bidding on those domains at Sedo and I think those are very good prices for the sellers.
I agree. I have noticed that quad LLLL's have risen 20-30% over the last month or so.

•••
I agree. I have noticed that quad LLLL's have risen 20-30% over the last month or so.

Agreed. It seemed like the most quads were going for around $100 with borderline letters such as H and G - this is a great sign!

•••
By short I mean they are very useful, mostly because there are already tons of acronyms and they will only grow in number, so it might be a blanket statement, but it makes sense in the end. QHKX.com is just another example of one part of llll.com's that are always highlighted, and if there are 10 companies for that acronym (pontential buyers), I couldn't care less about the liquidity, as I mostly do long term investments. I also don't see a problem with holding domains for years.

•••
•••
Agreed. It seemed like the most quads were going for around $100 with borderline letters such as H and G - this is a great sign!
This will have to consistently happen for 2 or 3 months before we get excited.

•••
Few days ago i got NHET***com and all\ready recived some offers for over 200% ROI
Nice for 2 Week investment, but still i havent decided to send it to auction at sedo

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back