Dynadot

The future of Brandbucket?

NameSilo
Watch

Azwan Asban

Top Member
Impact
We could see that brandable niche is a growing market.
Startups really wanted a brandable names for their business or for a long term investment.
This is how Brandbucket & other brandable marketplace are existed. Somewhat, i'm a fan of brandbucket & brandable name is my niche.

But, i wonder if it really worth to ALL-IN our efforts to brandbucket? What is the future of brandbucket for another 5 years?

or maybe brandbucket can tell us whats the future project they have in mind?

p/s: I never say that generic or emd is going to dead but the nature of startups name is going to brandable.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Brandable domains will become very competitive and will grow irrespective of Brand House.

•••
the more brandable domain marketplaces there are, the less commission and fees there will be for domainers. BB's $100 for a logo and 30% commission is the highest in the market

•••
It will be interesting also for each of us to share how many domains sold on BB?
I have 30 live domains there and sold 0

•••
I wonder if sellers who order a $500 logo are more successful than those that order a $100 logo.

•••
Anyone ordered $500 logo?

•••
Anyone ordered $500 logo?
Someone in the nP marketplace put Brandbucket published domain for sale and mentioned the logo fee $500 and domain Buy Price $1995.

•••
•••
When I first (& last) listed some names (5) at BB, I choosed $400-$500 logo fee for all of them. I was pretty naive as I thought the designers will appreciate my intention, and create some indeed creative logos. 3 of these logos was ridiculously simple. The names has been listed for 9 months and none has been sold, so I removed them. But the point is I think it's absolutely useless to pay them high logo fee. They treat you the same as others.

I have to admit I could have complained to BB to review my logos, and perhaps change them, but I never did.

Last edited:
•••
As per logo, i think its subjective.

Imo logo should be
- simple
- less than 2 colours
- the logo must be related to the names
etc

But guys, my question still haven't answered.
Please answer this question.

How bb gonna to be in another coming years?
Is bb will be successful marketplace, they had success in sales? or they gonna to be dead?

I am asking this questions because i'm going to take this more serious and list my names there as possible (300names each year) enough to me.
Is it worth to having portfolio on them?

How if bb going to be dead next year so my listing fee $10 x 300 = $3000 are wasted.
Just saying..

Tell me your guts.....

•••
Someone in the nP marketplace put Brandbucket published domain for sale and mentioned the logo fee $500 and domain Buy Price $1995.

500 bucks for a logo that looks like it was made from a kindergarten child.
No offense, but all these fees are just too ridiculously high ..

•••
This topic is old! bb issues go way back. look up threads on logo costs etc

cheap logo vs pricey logo

its the domain that sells

stick with $100

•••
I wonder if sellers who order a $500 logo are more successful than those that order a $100 logo.

I tried $300 logo and the logo is pretty basic. Don't go over $200

•••
Based on the feedback here re logos the consensus is not to choose a $500 logo.

•••
We could see that brandable niche is a growing market.
Startups really wanted a brandable names for their business or for a long term investment.
This is how Brandbucket & other brandable marketplace are existed. Somewhat, i'm a fan of brandbucket & brandable name is my niche.

But, i wonder if it really worth to ALL-IN our efforts to brandbucket? What is the future of brandbucket for another 5 years?

or maybe brandbucket can tell us whats the future project they have in mind?

p/s: I never say that generic or emd is going to dead but the nature of startups name is going to brandable.
To answer your opening question re the future of BB, it all depends whether BB can continue to sustain sales at the same growth rate as the number of new listings.

•••
It would be nice if BB can provide MONTHLY data on the number of new listings over the past 24 months so we can compare the figure to the % of sales over the same period.

•••
EMD domains will be all the rave in the coming years.

Right now, every day that goes by development becomes cheaper and cheaper. An EMD domain that is fully developed for its niche can spring very quickly to the top of google for the keyword the domain is good for.

People will realize (some already have) that you can generate monthly more money off your exact match domain than you would get from selling the domain. The key is, development is becoming so cheap and so much easier that people will do this.

There will always be those buying brandables, less money will be around for them thou as the start up market is declining, some argue it is about to crash.

Invest smart, if you have 5000 bucks and you can pick a brandable (meaningless) 6 letter or so word, or a two word EMD that has a 2+ dollar PPC, grab the EMD (as long as its dot com, no hyphens or numbers). With an EMD you at least who do outbound market to if you need to sell and you can setup the site too and make money, be it via adsense, affiliate programs etc.

The people who claim google gives no priority to EMD's (emd's that are dotcom, no hyphen and numbers) are not speaking the truth. Sure, an undeveloped EMD with a landing page is of no value, however if it is developed with something of value especially if it has updated content often (that is not copies from somewhere else) you will be shocked how fast it will move to page 1 and be top 5, think about the value of that when you try selling that domain.

If I had the time to focus on many things I would develop out all my domains that are EMD. However, I am selling off all kinds of domains including some 4LLLL and EMD's so I can focus on development of a few.

•••
Interesting topic.
seems like there are many ways and maNY brandable domains.
if you have good eye and ear and buy the good ones, you'll do well. If you don't then you'll be wastin money.

•••
The problem with domaining is that the profit margin is insignificant when trading in the wholesale market. All the great profits are made when selling to the retail market. This is the main reason why most sellers that sell on BB are happy to give up 30% commissions plus costs....because we have very little chance in sourcing end users.

•••
EMD domains will be all the rave in the coming years.

Right now, every day that goes by development becomes cheaper and cheaper. An EMD domain that is fully developed for its niche can spring very quickly to the top of google for the keyword the domain is good for.

People will realize (some already have) that you can generate monthly more money off your exact match domain than you would get from selling the domain. The key is, development is becoming so cheap and so much easier that people will do this.

There will always be those buying brandables, less money will be around for them thou as the start up market is declining, some argue it is about to crash.

Invest smart, if you have 5000 bucks and you can pick a brandable (meaningless) 6 letter or so word, or a two word EMD that has a 2+ dollar PPC, grab the EMD (as long as its dot com, no hyphens or numbers). With an EMD you at least who do outbound market to if you need to sell and you can setup the site too and make money, be it via adsense, affiliate programs etc.

The people who claim google gives no priority to EMD's (emd's that are dotcom, no hyphen and numbers) are not speaking the truth. Sure, an undeveloped EMD with a landing page is of no value, however if it is developed with something of value especially if it has updated content often (that is not copies from somewhere else) you will be shocked how fast it will move to page 1 and be top 5, think about the value of that when you try selling that domain.

If I had the time to focus on many things I would develop out all my domains that are EMD. However, I am selling off all kinds of domains including some 4LLLL and EMD's so I can focus on development of a few.

Agree with most of what you said apart from brandables being meaningless.

Brandables are carriers, or vessels that can create entire stories in our minds. Even those that are slightly descriptive still play on our world and thoughts.

If an EMD is used for capturing traffic then that is a powerful tool, no one can deny that.

If an EMD is used as a brand name, the business has to understand that they are bound by what that name suggests, it is not a vessel that can be filled, it is already decided.

Brandables (brand names) are always going to have a demand, startups need them. Admittedly, having an new word brand does need money behind it, so that the picture is fully built and the 'word' is telling the brand story as it should be.

For example think of these two names:

CloudServers
SpinalCloud

The first obviously offers cloud servers, but what else? Where is the journey, the collaboration, the storytelling.

SpinalCloud evokes connectivity, signals, data, movement and more than that, it asks us to think, to find out what is on offer from this business.

CloudServers will always be cloudservers. spinalcloud can become the hallmark for quality, innovation and even become a new slang 'did you get spinal!'...

Two very different worlds EMD and Brandable.

•••
Agree with most of what you said apart from brandables being meaningless.

Brandables are carriers, or vessels that can create entire stories in our minds. Even those that are slightly descriptive still play on our world and thoughts.

If an EMD is used for capturing traffic then that is a powerful tool, no one can deny that.

If an EMD is used as a brand name, the business has to understand that they are bound by what that name suggests, it is not a vessel that can be filled, it is already decided.

Brandables (brand names) are always going to have a demand, startups need them. Admittedly, having an new word brand does need money behind it, so that the picture is fully built and the 'word' is telling the brand story as it should be.

For example think of these two names:

CloudServers
SpinalCloud

The first obviously offers cloud servers, but what else? Where is the journey, the collaboration, the storytelling.

SpinalCloud evokes connectivity, signals, data, movement and more than that, it asks us to think, to find out what is on offer from this business.

CloudServers will always be cloudservers. spinalcloud can become the hallmark for quality, innovation and even become a new slang 'did you get spinal!'...

Two very different worlds EMD and Brandable.

spinalcloud?

•••
spinalcloud?

Just an example, in making a brand name just consider the connotations and the appeal.

This is what makes two word brand names so powerful - like DeskJet, BlackBerry (although deskjet is slightly more filled, BlackBerry plays on the connectivity of the berry formation, growth and as being something different from the rest of the market).

Most brand names get weird looks from people at first, all we have is to fill them with feelings, tales and emotions that make sense and 'work' with the name.

SpinalCloud is actually perfect for it's intended niche, just look at the definition of spinal or spinal (it is a backbone). It is using these to your advantage in creating brand names.

And yes, BB would reject such a name, since they seem to prefer obvious names, which works for them.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back