IT.COM

Brandables - How to know when to quit

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Question to the people who have a lot of brandable domains.

How long do you give yourself before you decide it's time to drop a name - 12 months, longer?

Let's say these are domains rejected from brandable marketplaces like Brandbucket.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
balvar 2013-06-04 Rejected
clooso 2013-06-04 Rejected
enticin 2013-06-04 Rejected
integrateco 2013-06-04 Rejected
mixabeat 2013-06-04 Rejected
nonfatty 2013-06-04 Rejected
themehut 2013-06-04 Rejected
babso 2013-06-04 Rejected
victer 2013-05-21 Rejected
ontal 2013-05-21 Rejected
seeqa 2013-05-21 Rejected
neeca 2013-05-21 Rejected
inchy 2013-05-21 Rejected

It's speculation, I have BB rejects that have sold for x,xxx. I have renewed random domains for 5-7 years, never knowing if they'll sell. For every brandable domain you receive interest in, there may be 5 alternatives the prospect is pricing out. If you need to succeed with brandables, I suggest buying the ones with liquid value (cvcv.com)
GL

•••
I have renewed random domains for 5-7 years, never knowing if they'll sell.
Wow, that's a long time...
I assume you received some interest / offers for them?

•••
Wow, that's a long time...
I assume you received some interest / offers for them?
Here and there, maybe 25% of my brandables have received inquiries but half of those are lowballers and/or resellers. They are tough to sell, even tougher to let expire when you're years into renewals.
Is it based off a keyword that's passed its heyday? or will it be the next google? I try to give any single hand reg 5 years minimum before dropping, but I also don't hand reg as much as I used to.

•••
I feel you should try different marketplaces for brandables.
I have 25% acceptance in brandbucket and almost same in namerific. only 5% domains are common in them.
Which means a many of my BB rejects are accepted at Namerific and vice versa.

The ones that are rejected everywhere are the ones I keep for not more than 2 yrs and sell it off as soon as possible. Not because they cant fetch a good amount but because I know it may never reach the buyer without BB or namerific.

Hope this helps.

•••
Question to the people who have a lot of brandable domains.

How long do you give yourself before you decide it's time to drop a name - 12 months, longer?

Let's say these are domains rejected from brandable marketplaces like Brandbucket.

I'm fairly new in the Brandable business, just started a year ago, but out of my 120+ brandables i dropped about 10 handregs that i now consider a mistake to even reg in the first place.

I am not on Brandbucket or any of the other dedicated brandable marketplaces, i am trying on my own and of course on Afternic and Godaddy Premium.

I am not expecting quick flips and fast results, so the names that i like i will keep for years probably, they will sell sooner or later :)

•••
I honestly wouldn't buy any names with the sole intent of submitting them to a brandable marketplace. I only buy names that I would intend to hold indefinitely.

•••
I've got around 130 brandables and my first renewals will be in January so I'm already thinking about what to do with the names that don't get any offers.
It's hard to justify $9 renewal fee - on the other hand it's hard to let go when you hear about some random madeup names selling for $xxxx.

Right now they are all on Efty and have separate landing pages - but I'm considering redirecting them to a custom Efty marketplace:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/efty-marketplace-showcase.945525/
It's like having your own brandbucket (minus the logos)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back