IT.COM

alert The fund can't be withdrawal from Epik.com via Masterbucks wallet

Spaceship
Watch

enamebroker

Top Member
Impact
It happened on 23rd Aug 2022 and this matter lasted almost one month without any process. Masterbucks.com declined my fund withdrawal and disabled the button of fund withdrawal. And I contacted Epik.com and got no further action even if Rob Monster got involved in it for two weeks. All the time I was told in email by management review.

What is wrong with Epik.com? Do you think it is normal to disable fund withdrawal? How can I get back my fund from Epik.com? Thanks for your suggestion.

Capture4.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
See my original point:
Making an INVESTMENT in any company INCLUDES the RISK of LOSS (as well as the POTENTIAL for huge profits).

Knowing what happened to the shares would be nice, but I highly doubt the amount of money involved would justify the legal fees and odds of losing the case to make it worthwhile (unless you like throwing good money after bad).

You don't sue to get attention without a case or you will quickly find yourself being countered sued, having your case dismissed with prejustice, having to pay THEIR legal fees + additional costs from their lawsuit against you.
"Unnoticed by courts" makes no sense, perhaps a refresher on the 3 branches of US government would be helpful???
"Unnoticed by law enforcement" If you don't have a case to bring, why are you wasting their time???
Yeah, making an investment is a known risk. A total loss is always a possibility.

I guess in theory you could go after directors and officers for corporate abuse.

However, it is not really worth it.

It would be a different scenario if there was a straightforward transaction like with Matthew Adkisson or Kathleen Kalaf. They were both well documented and the damages are a lot easier to quantify.

Technically Braden and other shareholders should still own shares in Epik Holdings Inc.

According to the "Epik LLC" press release, that company is being renamed to "Kingdom Ventures".

So, he will likely own shares in "Kingdom Ventures". A simple name change does not make your shares disappear, even if they are essentially worthless.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
If not sueing for dilution of shares, destruction of company, then at the very least sueing to recover masterbucks is always a valid option. Adkisson had a case. Why doesn't Braden?
Simple
Adkisson was a CUSTOMER.
Braden is an INVESTOR.
"Sueing to recover masterbucks is always a valid option".
Wait, what?? Where did Braden ever say he STILL has (corrected) any masterbucks???

Last edited:
•••
Simple
Adkisson was a CUSTOMER.
Braden is an INVESTOR.
"Sueing to recover masterbucks is always a valid option".
Wait, what?? Where did Braden ever say he HAD any masterbucks??? (I think you are confusing customers with investors again.)

READ MORE

1688093896792.png

Last edited:
•••
I read that and it is written in the PAST tense. (I corrected my prior post accordingly).
He never stated he STILL has money in masterbucks that he STILL is unable to withdraw.
As an example:
Kathleen HAD money in masterbucks that she WAS unable to withdraw.
(Thankfully, she has since received full payment, so now Kathleen does NOT have any masterbucks balance.)
------
Obviously, if Braden clarifies that he STILL has money stuck in masterbucks, then I stand corrected.

Last edited:
•••
More reading, less passive agressiveness may serve you well.

Show attachment 241614
More reading,
Braden can speak for himself, but my general sense is the Epik association has not really been all that positive, especially in recent years.

He originally invested in 2011. I am going to assume he would not have invested in recent years, with all the nonsense that has gone on.

It seems like a no-win situation. If he does nothing he gets lumped in with Epik / Rob Monster.

Let's say he took some action, he would probably be accused of trying to jump in line ahead of other creditors.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I guess in theory you could go after directors and officers for corporate abuse.

However, it is not really worth it.
I agree.
For starters, the amount of money involved is nowhere near enough to make it worthwhile.
More importantly, Epik would argue the money was legitimately lost on investments that didn't play out as expected and any corporate abuse was the RESULT of the company being close to broke (and trying to stay afloat), NOT the CAUSE of the company's financial issues. We know "Epik" spent lots of money on some acquisitions that never really helped them, on the other hand "they" bought? Terrahost which DID seem to be profitable for "Epik".

Now IF anyone can PROVE that "Epik's" financial issues were CAUSED in whole or in no small part because a lot of money unfairly went into Rob and/or Brian's "piggybank", then the corporate veil may be pierced and all bets are off. But unless / until that happens, trying to fight Epik as an INVESTOR would just be throwing good money after bad.

Last edited:
•••
That's kind of a weird name

Official:
adjective
relating to an authority or public body and its duties, actions, and responsibilities.

noun
a person holding public office or having official duties, especially as a representative of an organization or government department.

I read that and it is written in the PAST tense. (I corrected my prior post accordingly).
He never stated he STILL has money in masterbucks that he STILL is unable to withdraw.
Maybe, in his mind, he simply considers them lost. Hence the past tense as he considers he will never get anything from them? It may also be a pretty small amount. $10 or $20 qualifies as "I had Masterbucks!"

•••
Maybe, in his mind, he simply considers them lost.
A few pages ago, Braden confirmed that he used masterbucks balance to purchase dnprotect (planning to sell it to Bill at cost) and another domain.

Last edited:
•••
For those like me who filled the KYC form and sent a copy of passport, could they use our informations for scamming purpose ?

•••
For those like me who filled the KYC form and sent a copy of passport, could they use our informations for scamming purpose ?
I'm not sure if your question is serious or not, but having a security based background, my answer is YES.

It really doesn't matter to whom a person sends his/her information, it is always at risk. This is the wacky new world we live in.

The KYC clearing house 'epik' is using seems not to have a very high rating (at least it did not the last time I looked).

•••
He also reviews other Epik services in whoq.com and sibyl without mentioning any connection, as well as his wife's medical clinic.

I swear there is always some angle with Rob.

I posted this before, but here it is again.

https://kellywarnerlaw.com/post-online-reviews-of-my-product

Is It Legal To Post Online Reviews Of My Product?

Can I post online reviews of my products? The answer: Only if you prominently disclose your connection to the product. It’s against FTC rules to litter the Internet with phony product reviews that appear impartial but aren’t.

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/bus...tcs-endorsement-guides-what-people-are-asking

In addition, the Guides say, if there’s a connection between an endorser and the marketer that consumers would not expect and it would affect how consumers evaluate the endorsement, that connection should be disclosed. For example, if an ad features an endorser who’s a relative or employee of the marketer, the ad is misleading unless the connection is made clear. The same is usually true if the endorser has been paid or given something of value to tout the product. The reason is obvious: Knowing about the connection is important information for anyone evaluating the endorsement.
This just came in today:

Federal Trade Commission Announces Proposed Rule Banning Fake Reviews and Testimonials​

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/new...oposed-rule-banning-fake-reviews-testimonials

This part is particularly interesting:

• Company Controlled Review Websites: Businesses would be prohibited from creating or controlling a website that claims to provide independent opinions about a category of products or services that includes its own products or services.

Last edited:
•••
Yes, they are removing everything related to Masterbucks, balances, history, etc from the Epik website. I don't think that data was even stored on Epik database, I think masterbucks has its own database for all that info and just connected to Epik site with an ai of some kind.

And, yes, Epik, LLC is not going to pay out those Masterbucks bills unless a court somehow forces them to do so. They did not buy Masterbucks and seem to be under the very misguided opinion that they can purchase assets and knowingly take part in a conspiracy (rico) to defraud customers.

Is your Masterbucks data being removed from the Masterbucks website?
The data in Masterbucks still exists, but it makes no sense that I sold domain names through epik.com intermediaries without permission to use Masterbucks for fake money. Now they're denying the connection at all. It has been made clear that the only way to Sue is to hope that someone can contact the law firm that sued the victory before, and we victims will pay together to Sue.

•••
I spoke with ex employee about forever domains and it really isn't as much a I thought. Very small amount in grand scheme of things. They didn't know exact amount but thought it was less than 1k forever domains.

Yes, the lost domains is definitely real issue yet to be addressed. My premium domain I purchased epikcrimes dot com was sold to someone at another registrar like a month after I paid for it.

And, yes, you are right there are ton of other victims through Monster's other schemes, probably many we will never know about. I have seen several people complaining about losing money in amplify and substratum but I think those were before Monster bought them. Monster just stuck them on shelf and never did anything with them. Either props to entry into vertical to catch next round suckers or money laundering scam only or both. The scumbag that owned those did a rug pull and burned a bunch of people and made a couple million from Monster with JJE money for those crap projects, which was probably laundered back to monster in kickback crypto scheme.

The immediate goal should be to brand new epik as responsible for masterbucks and let them fight Monster and if new epik really is just Monster, then all the better.

I sold my domain via epik.com, but I don't agree to use the virtual www.masterbucks.com. I hope we victims can find an American lawyer and we can Sue epik.com together to repay the money. If someone organizes a domain name, I'm willing to pay the legal fees, I'd rather lose more money than have them cheat and cheat me like this.

•••
I sold my domain via epik.com, but I don't agree to use the virtual www.masterbucks.com. I hope we victims can find an American lawyer and we can Sue epik.com together to repay the money. If someone organizes a domain name, I'm willing to pay the legal fees, I'd rather lose more money than have them cheat and cheat me like this.
I know, I'm sorry this happened to you. It is totally screwed up. Rob Monster and Brian Royce are garbage humans and they should pay for what they have done and continue to do. I think that day is coming. Only garbage people will work with them at this point. I had discussion with their latest attorney yesterday and he decided the juice ain't worth the squeeze and dumped Epik/NWRA as clients. The battle continues.

•••
I wonder how many total people were paid for their domain sales with fake money without wanting or agreeing to the fake money. This scheme alone could be millions of dollars.

•••
I wonder how many total people were paid for their domain sales with fake money without wanting or agreeing to the fake money. This scheme alone could be millions of dollars.
As of now, "new" Epik appears to be paying marketplace sales via in-store credit aka more fake money.

I can't find anywhere in the NameLiquidate FAQ or Epik TOS where this policy is stated.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Woke up in a terrible mood today thinking about all of this so did some things that should make Rob Monster and his grifter in training loser sidekick Brian Royce very unhappy.

•••
I will probably take a lot of downvotes for this, but all fiat money is kind of "fake", by this reasoning. Masterbucks was supposed to be "equal" to 1 USD. So, it doesn't change much, in the end.

When DAN or Afternic receives the money for your domain from the buyer, the situation is pretty much the same. Where it changes is that they pay you out immediately just after. With Epik you had to specifically ask for the payout (and you still do if they give you in-store credit. Can you even withdraw these, or you simply cannot?). Quite some people let the money there, and Epik used it, spent it, or did God-Knows-What with it. The real problem is the latter.

You can argue Masterbucks may have enticed people to leave money at Epik. Especially with their initial claims the domain sale wasn't a taxable event if you let the proceeds in Masterbucks and reused it to buy other names. Claim which might be highly debatable.

But until you get your money from DAN or Afternic, they also owe you that money for a short period of time. With Masterbucks, Epik owed you money. If they had kept it safe for you, all would have been quite well. They didn't.

The "fake" argument. Meh :/
When a bank goes belly up, it's the same situation. Reason why there is a need for guarantees behind, like the FDIC in the US. This is the definition of counterparty risk. Don't like it? You'll love Bitcoin. If you understand it well.

Last edited:
•••
I will probably take a lot of downvotes for this, but all fiat money is kind of "fake", by this reasoning. Masterbucks was supposed to be "equal" to 1 USD. So, it doesn't change much, in the end.
Umm. What?

Something "supposed" to equal 1 USD and 1 USD are NOT the same thing.

I can't go to the grocery store and buy a Snickers bar with Masterbucks or any other BS internal currency.

Epik also blocked withdrawal of these funds without notice, so it is not like everyone just decided to keep funds there.

The issue is only with Epik. Every other escrow and marketplace in the domain field has figured out how to pay in legal tender currency.

Brad

Last edited:
•••

Do you buy your bread in a bakery? In exchange, do they accept f.e. Amazon gift cards? If ... dam'n, you should try w MBs and E In-store "points".

Regards

•••
I can't go to the grocery store and buy a Snickers bar with Masterbucks or any other BS internal currency.
You cannot pay with the "USD" sitting in your bank account either. Which is as "fake" and mostly created by commercial banks through the issuance of credits. There is only a name and a value the number is equal to. But this is besides the subject, and people usually have a really hard time with all these concepts. It is however a reality and not some sort of "conspiracy" or anything.

You may argue there is then a mechanism with cards and so on. Which could be done the exact same way with masterbucks, in theory.

But anyway, you could ask to get USD for your masterbucks at any time. You were supposed to be. Until it all went sideways. You were owed 1 USD for each Masterbucks you were holding. The exact same way you are owed 1 USD by your bank for each of the balance in your bank account. In the end, it's all just some accounting. Not much more.

And the accounting wasn't working at Epik as they created a big hole.
Not much was "fake" in all this. The hole is also very real.
How exactly it has been created, that might be a good quesiton.

•••
Maybe this domain general guy should put his money where his mouth is and start buying back masterbucks. I'm sure he can get some for less than 1:1.

•••
You cannot pay with the "USD" sitting in your bank account either. Which is as "fake" and mostly created by commercial banks through the issuance of credits. There is only a name and a value the number is equal to. But this is besides the subject, and people usually have a really hard time with all these concepts. It is however a reality and not some sort of "conspiracy" or anything.

You may argue there is then a mechanism with cards and so on. Which could be done the exact same way with masterbucks, in theory.

But anyway, you could ask to get USD for your masterbucks at any time. You were supposed to be. Until it all went sideways. You were owed 1 USD for each Masterbucks you were holding. The exact same way you are owed 1 USD by your bank for each of the balance in your bank account. In the end, it's all just some accounting. Not much more.

And the accounting wasn't working at Epik as they created a big hole.
Not much was "fake" in all this. The hole is also very real.
How exactly it has been created, that might be a good quesiton.
I am sorry but this is apologist nonsense.

Epik scammed customers. It involved the internal currency Masterbucks.

Kathleen for instance signed up for an "escrow" transaction, and was delivered Masterbucks instead. Then she was blocked from withdrawing these funds.

I guess she was paid then, you know because they are the same thing after all. :xf.rolleyes:

The Masterbucks is the same as fiat currency is a bad faith argument.

Since I don't believe in anonymous downvotes, I will just give you a rare dislike.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
all fiat money is kind of "fake"
It is. Only gold is real money :) But deep discussion would be offtopic here...
When DAN or Afternic receives the money for your domain from the buyer, the situation is pretty much the same.
Unlike Dan/Afternic, Brian Royce introduced "new and improved" Masterbucks, with new T&C (extra KYC, no way to exchange funds between wallets, new high fees, etc.) - all applied retroactively to existing balances /also, folks reported strange games with their crypto balances - some crypto was converted to USD/:

masterbucks.jpg

•••
Or you have to withdraw cash from your bank account first.

The exact same way you have to withdraw masterbucks to USD first (admittedly, it is one additional step).
If you bank becomes insolvent, you won't be able to get cash for your account balance either = the counterparty risk and where guarantees come into play. + usually regulation to have serious people doing things seriously. On the latter part, the same was supposed to be true for escrow...

Like it or not, your bank account balance is only the "BS internal currency" of your bank. It has the same name and same value as what you know as "USD", but it still is.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back