Dynadot

alert The fund can't be withdrawal from Epik.com via Masterbucks wallet

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

enamebroker

Top Member
Impact
It happened on 23rd Aug 2022 and this matter lasted almost one month without any process. Masterbucks.com declined my fund withdrawal and disabled the button of fund withdrawal. And I contacted Epik.com and got no further action even if Rob Monster got involved in it for two weeks. All the time I was told in email by management review.

What is wrong with Epik.com? Do you think it is normal to disable fund withdrawal? How can I get back my fund from Epik.com? Thanks for your suggestion.

Capture4.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Keep in mind that in the case of EU users, they likely have NO option to remove WHOIS privacy.
When I brought that up earlier I know an EU user told me they didn't have an option to remove the WHOIS privacy.
Then they should not be using Epik.

Why use a registrar that can't be trusted in the first place?

There are countless other registrars that offer better prices, better support, and don't scam customers.

Anyone who is still using Epik at this point is playing with fire.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Just an observation I've never had to deal with before. When searching your emails for a specific domain name to include message content, you will not be able to. All receipts are an attached inline image. So the email search isn't looking for text in images. Uggg.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Just an observation I've never had to deal with before. When searching your emails for a specific domain name to include message content, you will not be able to. All receipts are an attached inline image. So the email search isn't looking for text in images. Uggg.
Ouch, that sucks.
But is the image still there when you open the email OR was that deleted too?

Email programs typically don't auto-download images, so if the original (web version) is deleted, when you tell the email program to download the images in the email it might find nothing to download!!!

Last edited:
•••
As per RAA:

3.4.2 During the Term of this Agreement and for two (2) years thereafter, Registrar (itself or by its agent(s)) shall maintain the following records relating to its dealings with the Registry Operator(s) and Registered Name Holders:

3.4.2.1 In electronic form, the submission date and time, and the content, of all registration data (including updates) submitted in electronic form to the Registry Operator(s);
3.4.2.2 In electronic, paper, or microfilm form, all written communications constituting registration applications, confirmations, modifications, or terminations and related correspondence with Registered Name Holders, including registration contracts; and
3.4.2.3 In electronic form, records of the accounts of all Registered Name Holders with Registrar.
3.4.3 During the Term of this Agreement and for two (2) years thereafter, Registrar shall make the data, information and records specified in this Section 3.4 available for inspection and copying by ICANN upon reasonable notice. In addition, upon reasonable notice and request from ICANN, Registrar shall deliver copies of such data, information and records to ICANN in respect to limited transactions or circumstances that may be the subject of a compliance-related inquiry; provided, however, that such obligation shall not apply to requests for copies of the Registrar's entire database or transaction history. Such copies are to be provided at Registrar's expense. In responding to ICANN's request for delivery of electronic data, information and records, Registrar may submit such information in a format reasonably convenient to Registrar and acceptable to ICANN so as to minimize disruption to the Registrar's business. In the event Registrar believes that the provision of any such data, information or records to ICANN would violate applicable law or any legal proceedings, ICANN and Registrar agree to discuss in good faith whether appropriate limitations, protections, or alternative solutions can be identified to allow the production of such data, information or records in complete or redacted form, as appropriate. ICANN shall not disclose the content of such data, information or records except as expressly required by applicable law, any legal proceeding or Specification or Policy.

3.4.4 Notwithstanding any other requirement in this Agreement or the Data Retention Specification, Registrar shall not be obligated to maintain records relating to a domain registration beginning on the date two (2) years following the domain registration's deletion or transfer away to a different registrar.

Terra incognita. First, there is no indication that the above data should be available to registrants, only to ICANN by request, so the recent change @ epik accounts may mean nothing. Hopefully, the registrar, which is still Epik Inc as per ICANN records, still has all the data. Second, it is unclear what should happen with the above data in case of accreditation transfer [something not yet approved by ICANN], especially if a new agreement will be signed between ICANN and Epik LLC. Epik LLC may be of opinion that they have no obligation or ability to maintain historical records of another entity (Epik Holdings).

•••
It would be great if we had a list of all these with transaction dates.
6 months ago I was thinking of starting such a list. I wish I had. It would be a heck of a job to try and do it now. One thing's for sure - there are a lot more of these than we ever first expected.

•••
Is the registrar required by ICANN to keep domain transaction records (new,renewal, transfers, sales, etc) available to customers???
If "Epik" is deleting / hiding that info, IMO it would seem like a registrar violation of the ICANN agreement to me, but what do I know?

Regardless deleting/hiding domain history records is a VERY, VERY alarming development that I would not expect from ANY reputable registrar that expects to be a "going concern" (not to mention from a registrar that is ALREADY in BREACH of ICANN.)

I don't know anything more than what I read in the NP forum, domain news, etc., but I would STRONGLY recommend anyone that has ANY domains still at Epik to transfer them out ASAP (preferably this weekend or Monday at the latest). Remember Epik's 21 days to proveably FIX the issues causing the breach with ICANN end on June 22nd). Personally, at the absolute latest, I would want domains out of Epik on or BEFORE June 21th.
------------------------
IF true, there is another potential angle to it. We know the "old Epik" seemingly had a tendency to use Rob's contact info for domains with WHOIS privacy. I believe there have been several domain disputes that clearly mention that issue. So let us engage in a little theoretical scenario.

If the current owner(s) of "Epik" thinks or knows the registrar is going to LOSE ICANN accreditation, then the domains are going to get transferred out to some other registrar. We know MOST people use WHOIS privacy (either because it is default or required (ie EU buyers). We also know from the issues the Pheenix. com registrar had when it lost ICANN accreditation and the domains were transferred out that the ACTUAL ownership records of domains that had WHOIS Privacy ENABLED was SORELY lacking. Obviously, the NEW registrar would have to require PROOF of ownership in order to gain back access to the domain(s) to ensure someone else isn't stealing them.

So if someone didn't keep their old emails (they liked a tidy inbox, their hard drive crashed, etc.) OR they had someone else or some other company running the billing, etc for them OR they used an "Epik" "reseller" (ie Rightforge). There could be many people that won't be able to prove ownership of a domain in time (or at least not before it expires). Especially if they didn't make it a HABIT to save emails, Epik billing statements showing domain names, or screenshoots. REMEMBER a CC bill or bank statement ONLY shows you PAID "Epik". It very likely will NOT PROVE you owned a SPECIFIC domain(s), since domain names are typically NOT listed on the CC card/bank statement.

So if someone wanted to potentially steal some (high value) domains, they would want to make it very hard / impossible for someone to save that info NOW (if they haven't already) and the best way to do that is scrub all that info from the customer's view of the registrar BEFORE ICANN announces anything official. That way by the time ICANN announces (in this theoretical scenario) that Epik's accreditation is being terminated, when everyone goes to the website to grab that data, it is already long GONE.

Now back to the beginning, since the contact info likely shows "Rob" as the domain registrant (owner), "he" (or anyone else with access to that data, if the "new" owner(s) are actually different, could theoretically claim ownership of a LOT of domains that "he"/they didn't actually own, not to mention domains that "he"/they only temporarily owns (ie domains sold on a payment plan). Now obviously "he"/they wouldn't try to claim ownership of everything, but "he"/they certainly could cherry pick the good domains....and as I said at the start this is ALL a theoretical angle and close to a worse-case scenario too.
FYI, when I go to my Balance in my account this still lists all my transactions (and there are thousands). And I can even export to CSV. I don't see anything different from what I've seen in the past at present.

•••
For some reason, this is not the case for me. I don't have all my work records on my phone, but everything I can check at the moment is in text (including receipt notifications). And certain email records include the domain in the subject line as well. Could it be your email program changing then somehow?

•••
FYI, when I go to my Balance in my account this still lists all my transactions (and there are thousands). And I can even export to CSV. I don't see anything different from what I've seen in the past at present.
I dug out my old login info and checked my account too.
The very limited transactions I had with Epik still showed for me too.
On the other hand, I don't have anything left at Epik, if that matters.

Last edited:
•••
The escrow transaction record has been deleted by epik.com and there is no information left.
The next step of https://www.masterbucks.com/ can be deleted.
It's a good thing I keep these materials, but don't trust that the customers outside the United States will receive their payments.
What can be done is the legal way to solve, if the amount is small, not cost-effective. You should also report epik.com in your home country. I am in China, 1: can do in the domain name investment circle to warn peers not to be deceived.
2: There is an anti-fraud center in China, epik.com can be banned from allowing Chinese people to visit, which needs a process. Victimized customers in other countries should also do something meaningful together, and try to prevent them from continuing such fraud if they do not take money

•••
Ouch, that sucks.
But is the image still there when you open the email OR was that deleted too?

Email programs typically don't auto-download images, so if the original (web version) is deleted, when you tell the email program to download the images in the email it might find nothing to download!!!
My back ups have back ups. I've downloaded everything I can from Epik over time as well. Since I caught wind of this it's become a daily screen shot. Just to document any changes (even if I don't see them right off). This is kinda my point, as Domain Investors it's not as if we don't know how to use computers. Maybe the average domainer isn't a software engineer, but we're all proficient as heck with a laptop. Now you've got 100's of people all doing this. Who, and what exactly is it you think your hiding? Connect all the changes over time it would show clear intent to destroy evidence. That alone is criminal.

I just keep thinking if a handful of people on here have this much dirt on them in a public setting, like how deep does this really go. I read on here Brian (might) also have/had a firearm business, I have no idea. But zebras don't change their stripes. If true, think that business did everything per federal law? I'm guessing no. Not a good climate right now for bad gun dealings. The ATF is going after automotive fuel filters at this point. ICANN, FBI, SEC, IRS, & the ATF. I'm telling you something is going to come out in the wash! Annnd they're still going.

If anyone thinks they/them are going to be good boys now I'd say you're delusional. The responses I've gotten from epik 2.0 support include smiley faces when speaking about money owed, with a "good luck". I take this as a bit of "dupers delight" or at least a little FU! You steal my money, and give me attitude about it? There is NO sense of remorse here.

This will get much deeper. Washington has some VERY strict laws around money services. Any transmission of value in, or out of the state requires a WA money wire license. As far back as 5-6 years ago that I saw every crypto exchange/service had their IP blocked by WA state. Because all but 1-2 had a WA license to act as a money wire service. Lookin at you MasterF$@#S. Then stack any federal laws on top.

Last edited:
•••
The escrow transaction record has been deleted by epik.com and there is no information left.
The next step of https://www.masterbucks.com/ can be deleted.
It's a good thing I keep these materials, but don't trust that the customers outside the United States will receive their payments.
What can be done is the legal way to solve, if the amount is small, not cost-effective. You should also report epik.com in your home country. I am in China, 1: can do in the domain name investment circle to warn peers not to be deceived.
2: There is an anti-fraud center in China, epik.com can be banned from allowing Chinese people to visit, which needs a process. Victimized customers in other countries should also do something meaningful together, and try to prevent them from continuing such fraud if they do not take money
Yes, they are removing everything related to Masterbucks, balances, history, etc from the Epik website. I don't think that data was even stored on Epik database, I think masterbucks has its own database for all that info and just connected to Epik site with an ai of some kind.

And, yes, Epik, LLC is not going to pay out those Masterbucks bills unless a court somehow forces them to do so. They did not buy Masterbucks and seem to be under the very misguided opinion that they can purchase assets and knowingly take part in a conspiracy (rico) to defraud customers.

Is your Masterbucks data being removed from the Masterbucks website?

•••
Yes, they are removing everything related to Masterbucks, balances, history, etc from the Epik website. I don't think that data was even stored on Epik database, I think masterbucks has its own database for all that info and just connected to Epik site with an ai of some kind.

And, yes, Epik, LLC is not going to pay out those Masterbucks bills unless a court somehow forces them to do so. They did not buy Masterbucks and seem to be under the very misguided opinion that they can purchase assets and knowingly take part in a conspiracy (rico) to defraud customers.

In some cases that I've seen yes. But it's a patchwork, as it would have been done in haste. Malicious or not, it doesn't look good. I don't think the law cares.

We all have a ton of things to do day to day. It's going to take some time to unpack 1000's of domains over the course of years. But I'm certain people will.

•••
I see ICANN still has posted on their site the notice to Epik as active. If Epik has resolved their payment issues to them as they have publicly stated. Wouldn't ICANN remove this notice? ICANN has assigned a dedicated team just to monitor Epik. People are on top of this. Wouldn't Epik request this be removed? I'm calling BS!

•••
Every domain sale I've ever had was deleted. Along with any record that I ever owned it. Invoices, renewals etc... I do think this is beyond dumb. You cannot transfer away past sales like they never happened regardless how you were payed (If you were payed), so no business angle. Plus they have a responsibility to make those records available to customers. Me hand registering a new domain with Visa has nothing to do with MB! To me it just looks incriminating AF. Just a desperate move IMO, it's not like we don't all have email records. I've also been in contact with all my customers directly to get bank statements showing where they payed. :xf.rolleyes: It's as if they're trying to get a longer prison sentence.

At Epik I can only find my purchases. When I try Mastersucks, my sales are included in the list. It does say that the contragent is EpikLLC instead of Epik inc.

They probably just updated the variable in their backend from Epik inc to Epik LLC.

Sidenote... You can still login to mastersucks by using your Epik.com single sign on.

Keep in mind that in the case of EU users, they likely have NO option to remove WHOIS privacy.
When I brought that up earlier I know an EU user told me they didn't have an option to remove the WHOIS privacy.
Screenshot_20230618-192321.png

It can be removed :)

•••
In some cases that I've seen yes. But it's a patchwork, as it would have been done in haste. Malicious or not, it doesn't look good. I don't think the law cares.

We all have a ton of things to do day to day. It's going to take some time to unpack 1000's of domains over the course of years. But I'm certain people will.
Everything related to Masterbucks should still be on Masterbucks if it isn't document, that is flagrant cover up. Masterbucks was the only thing Brian was still spending money on during his reign, except for salary of course. I believe his and Monster's plan all along was to make a fintech, all the best grifters are doing fintech. https://providencepost.com/epiks-mini-monster/

•••
At Epik I can only find my purchases. When I try Mastersucks, my sales are included in the list. It does say that the contragent is EpikLLC instead of Epik inc.

They probably just updated the variable in their backend from Epik inc to Epik LLC.

Sidenote... You can still login to mastersucks by using your Epik.com single sign on.

Show attachment 240779

It can be removed :)
For any domains that were sold my initial hand reg purchase of, and renewals of domains has been deleted at Epik, and at MB. 100% nowhere to be found. As I hand registered 99% of all my domains these purchases were made with my Visa card. Not MasterBucks. Some, but not all have been payed out. Yet still deleted.

Last edited:
•••

so much info here most dont follow all said.. so can u plz just recap if I got this right... was the sale of old epik basically or mostly to leave behind mastrbucks and all its debts?

•••
I see ICANN still has posted on their site the notice to Epik as active. If Epik has resolved their payment issues to them as they have publicly stated. Wouldn't ICANN remove this notice? ICANN has assigned a dedicated team just to monitor Epik. People are on top of this. Wouldn't Epik request this be removed? I'm calling BS!
Epik has a lot more issues than just the financial ones when it comes to ICANN. That is only one aspect mentioned in the breach notice.

There are operational issues, compliance issues, and now some asset transfer that is designed to benefit certain creditors and leave liabilities to customers behind.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
There seem to have been reports that some domains have been stolen. If there were .com among them, how can this be fixed at all?

•••
To: "Epik Registrar" <[email protected]>
Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2023 3:44:01 AM
Subject: Give me back my money!

Give me back my escrow $55,433!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 16

Hello,

I am so sorry for the delay!

We were in the middle of the company being acquired so there has been a delay in returning messages!

I would love to take a look at your account and get this all sorted for you!!

Would you please reply back to this email with the PIN # for your account so I can get started??

We look forward to getting this resolved for you!

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding!

Kaylee Chand
Epik LLC
30 N Gould St, Ste E
Sheridan WY 82801
(737) 301-5923
[email protected]
www.epik.com

-------------------------------------------------

June 19

Just sent mine Account Pin

Last edited:
•••
so much info here most dont follow all said.. so can u plz just recap if I got this right... was the sale of old epik basically or mostly to leave behind mastrbucks and all its debts?
There are currently 3 main categories of victims, "In-store Credits" and "Masterbucks" and "Creditors".

In-store credits come from, mostly, over the last 60-90 days of Epik taking payments for domain purchases and renewals, keeping the money and not renewing/purchasing the domain. In the asset purchase agreement there is a $600K set aside for all those to be repaid with domain purchases/renewals, which in my case just won't do. I'll be needing my USDC back or perhaps I might accept USD but don't want their store credit.

The "in-store" credit victims will probably be covered by the new owners, although, I'm sure that number is much higher, 2 or 3X than the estimated $600K but I can see them being afraid of customer heat and covering all of those debts themselves because they now own Epik and terrahost. They acquired the company, debts and all, which was dumb and there is no way to get around that because they acknowledged the debts and claimed responsibility for it. If they estimated wrong or believed Monster that's on them. They own it all now and should without question pay all in-store credits.

Masterbucks people are mostly those that sold domains through Epik escrow and had their money converted in Masterbucks against their will with no way to withdraw. Some Masterbucks also came from Monster paying contractors or gifts or simple money laundering but it is all owed by Monster. In the asset purchase agreement there is a $380K set aside for these people or really anyone else that might sue Rob Monster for what he owes them. In his leaked emails he referred to it as a "leaky bucket", which doesn't sound like he is very concerned with these victims (aka leaks) he STOLE from. That $380K is in an escrow account and both Monster and new owners have to approve to release funds, which are send directly to victim. That is the bucket Kathleen's payment came from.

Getting the Masterbucks people paid back is going to be a little harder. Monster still owns Masterbucks and all of its debt, which is surely more than $4M but is spread out between many people, mostly international and mostly less than $100K. Very few if any of these people could ever afford to hire an attorney to sue Monster and Masterbucks and even if they did and won it would be very hard to get actual money out of him, which is why we have only seen one lawsuit thus far. Lawsuits are only really doable it It is really large amount and the creditor has the resources to engage. What this owner did in purchase of epik and terrahost is really not cool. They knew perfectly well at the time of sale that there were millions owed to victims and their only hope of collecting were those assets they bought and I am going to make sure no one ever forgets that until they make it right. It really is akin to receiving stolen property so I am hoping that they will be pressured or legally forced to repay the Masterbucks victims as well and then in order to save their own necks sue Monster and force collection from his hidden crypto.

Creditors will be hardest to get repaid at this point because they have signed settlement agreements but it might come as result of other actions. When Monster is deposed in that new owner lawsuit or a bankruptcy court he will be forced to talk about hidden crypto assets and then when it is discovered that he was lying about company financial status those settlement agreements can be ripped up and he could be forced to spend that $10M in crypto he has hidden to repay JJE and TVT for the money they had stolen from them and then the rest can go to pay back the new owners for all the money they shelled out for Masterbucks victims and In-store credit overages.

And then Monster can start his 20 year prison sentence and live happily ever after. That is how I hope the story ends. That is how it should end.

Last edited:
•••
There are currently 2 main categories of victims, "In-store Credits" and "Masterbucks".
Yeah, then you start digging deeper and you have things like "forever" domains.

What happens to all the money that has been collected for those?
Does "new" Epik plan to honor those liabilities?

Then you have people who have lost domains via Epik's inability to process renewals, and even some reports of domains just being transferred from an owner like Patterns.com, among others.

That doesn't even include the non-domain related things like Amplify.

There are many victims of Epik's mismanagement.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
To: "Epik Registrar" <[email protected]>
Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2023 3:44:01 AM
Subject: Give me back my money!

Give me back my escrow $55,433!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 16

Hello,

I am so sorry for the delay!

We were in the middle of the company being acquired so there has been a delay in returning messages!

I would love to take a look at your account and get this all sorted for you!!

Would you please reply back to this email with the PIN # for your account so I can get started??

We look forward to getting this resolved for you!

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding!

Kaylee Chand
Epik LLC
30 N Gould St, Ste E
Sheridan WY 82801
(737) 301-5923
[email protected]
www.epik.com

-------------------------------------------------

June 19

Just sent mine Account Pin
Good luck.

I assume this support person "Kaylee Chand" probably has no clue about what is going on. Either that, or they are just stringing people along. That was a favorite method of Brian Royce.

"New" Epik will probably play along for now, then if/when ICANN approves the assignment they will be back to playing dumb again.

"New" Epik has already made it crystal clear that they believe they have no obligation to honor these liabilities.

Masterbucks and other liabilities to customers were excluded, by design.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back