Dynadot

alert The fund can't be withdrawal from Epik.com via Masterbucks wallet

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

enamebroker

Top Member
Impact
It happened on 23rd Aug 2022 and this matter lasted almost one month without any process. Masterbucks.com declined my fund withdrawal and disabled the button of fund withdrawal. And I contacted Epik.com and got no further action even if Rob Monster got involved in it for two weeks. All the time I was told in email by management review.

What is wrong with Epik.com? Do you think it is normal to disable fund withdrawal? How can I get back my fund from Epik.com? Thanks for your suggestion.

Capture4.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Am I reading this right? I don't have time to catch-up on 20 or so pages, but it appears that, after speed reading posts, Epik LLC acknowledges that Rob Monster is BACK, with a shiny new LLC, and literally dumped off his creditors (i.e. honest domainers/customers who used his services, and Rob never paid) with his old Incorporation and sold the assets of that old INC to his shiny new LLC?
Well, it appears that Rob is working @ Epik LLC in some capacity, but we haven't seen any real evidence (nor does he claim) that he is part of the ownership. Here's a very brief run-down - if you can follow it - which is not always easy when there are so many entities called Epik!
Rob doesn't say he's a shareholder or CEO of Epik LLC. He says he is the majority shareholder and CEO of Epik Holdings Inc. Epik Inc and Epik Holdings Inc sold various assets (including Epik.com) to Epik LLC, but they did not sell their whole companies to the LLC. I see no concrete evidence that the registrar service has been sold/given back to Rob (apart from your earlier post). In fact, the LLC says that is the business they are focussing on. On the other hand, Rob is going to rename Epik Holdings Inc to Kingdom Ventures and will play with his projects such as Amplify and Bitmitigate. MB is also mentioned but I still can't figure what on earth he'd do with it, since it has massive debts...
So, the LLC has taken over the registrar. Rob is said to be running it.
Rob has also gone back as CEO of Epik Holdings. This company will be renamed Kingdom Ventures. It operates the side projects such as Bitmitigate.

How much of this is true I can't say, but it's what we've been told.
Clear as mud?!

•••
Rob doesn't prey on people like this guy, he partners with them. Ask him...I didn't bother because I already know.
KV tactical.png

The weekly check in calls where Rob Monster probably explains to portfolio companies that they don't need to pay escrow customers?

•••
So...
My latest NameLiquidate purchase just occurred - sort of. I received a notification 3hrs ago that my bid was successful. I have received an invoice from Epik LLC. Yes, this is Epik LLC which apparently doesn't have a marketplace and so on... And they have taken the funds from Epik in-store credit. So far, no delivery of the domain. I imagine it will come in due course, but it is mighty interesting that they manage to take the funds immediately, but not push the domain (yes, it's reg'd at Epik).

•••
So...
My latest NameLiquidate purchase just occurred - sort of. I received a notification 3hrs ago that my bid was successful. I have received an invoice from Epik LLC. Yes, this is Epik LLC which apparently doesn't have a marketplace and so on... And they have taken the funds from Epik in-store credit. So far, no delivery of the domain. I imagine it will come in due course, but it is mighty interesting that they manage to take the funds immediately, but not push the domain (yes, it's reg'd at Epik).
If you don't receive it soon, report it to ICANN.

Last edited:
•••
If you don't receive it soon, report it to ICANN.
Unfortunately, I don't think it would be classified as an ICANN issue. NL is a marketplace rather than a registrar. I guess I could report it anyway, but I think they'd tell me to get lost. I'm guessing if it doesn't get delivered they will probably refund it like the previous one.

Good news is that a previous purchase (which had not been renewed when they charged me for it) has now been renewed. That one was delivered prior to the purchase by the LLC, so the LLC funding the account certainly does seem to have had some positive effect...
I was quite looking forward to reporting them for failing to renew that one, but they ended up coming good, so no such luck!

Last edited:
•••
Deleted (requested)

Last edited:
•••
They have also been deleting ALL records of sales, and ownership of the domains entirely
https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/approved-with-specs-2013-09-17-en

According to RAA:

3.4.1 For each Registered Name sponsored by Registrar within a gTLD, Registrar shall collect and securely maintain, in its own electronic database, as updated from time to time:

3.4.1.1 the data specified in the Data Retention Specification attached hereto for the period specified therein;
3.4.1.2 The data elements listed in Subsections 3.3.1.1 through 3.3.1.8;
3.4.1.3 the name and (where available) postal address, e-mail address, voice telephone number, and fax number of the billing contact;
3.4.1.4 any other Registry Data that Registrar has submitted to the Registry Operator or placed in the Registry Database under Subsection 3.2; and
3.4.1.5 the name, postal address, e-mail address, and voice telephone number provided by the customer of any privacy service or licensee of any proxy registration service, in each case, offered or made available by Registrar or its Affiliates in connection with each registration. Effective on the date that ICANN fully implements a Proxy Accreditation Program established in accordance with Section 3.14, the obligations under this Section 3.4.1.5 will cease to apply as to any specific category of data (such as postal address) that is expressly required to be retained by another party in accordance with such Proxy Accreditation Program.
3.4.2 During the Term of this Agreement and for two (2) years thereafter, Registrar (itself or by its agent(s)) shall maintain the following records relating to its dealings with the Registry Operator(s) and Registered Name Holders:

3.4.2.1 In electronic form, the submission date and time, and the content, of all registration data (including updates) submitted in electronic form to the Registry Operator(s);
3.4.2.2 In electronic, paper, or microfilm form, all written communications constituting registration applications, confirmations, modifications, or terminations and related correspondence with Registered Name Holders, including registration contracts; and
3.4.2.3 In electronic form, records of the accounts of all Registered Name Holders with Registrar.

If you have an evidence that historical and current domain ownership records are no more maintained - then this should be reported to ICANN ASAP.

Last edited:
•••
I'm aware that Epik did very bad things noone else did, but it was caused by lack of cash related to crypto crash (unexpected to them) mostly, rather than enjoying being evil.
And we need to know what part was done by BJ or RM.
There is an unacceptable greed factor also.
But it is everywhere: Afternic hiding prices, and not telling even when asked (when they act as Godaddy), and clearly they want to sell for a higher price than the fixed price, and trust endusers' and domainers' stupidity.
Dynadot shows ppc ads, and this would make you lose in udrp, and block sales, because contacting domain owners is not easy, it is a secret only domainers know.

It is easier to sell at Epik than anywhere else, because elsewhere there is a thick wall between buyers and sellers, and it is used for arbitrage (sometimes).
You need to be aware of what kind of cheating each can do. For example I trust Sedo and Afternic and Dan in big sales (they won't steal money directly , send agreed amount on time), but I hate that Sedo shows our contact info to anyone, domains don't resolve at Dan, and Afternic hiding prices on landing pages.

Dynadot and Afternic maybe also Dan don't show landing pages when javascript is off, and this makes landing pages nonindexable. And it can be used for other evil purposes, such as showing a different price depending on IP, and if cloudflare doesn't like you, landing page may remain invisible.
Arbitrage attempts by big players kill this business completely. Only small players should be allowed to do this (and it can't be stopped anyway).

Masterbucks and Epik are not completely disconnected, for example when you login at Epik, those cookies make you logged in at Masterbucks as well. But you can't transfer money between those without contacting at least one of them. if you do, maybe they can help.

People are not perfect. People's behavior are strongly affected by their financial and other situation. Someone may be rich, and pay everyone on time, and give gifts and prizes, and you think this is a good employer. Same for politicians, they can steal trillions, and give citizens part of it as bribe, and win in elections again. And same for your employees. You pay too much, they don't work harder, suddenly you give much less with a reason, they stop working. But all these don't mean you won't do business with them. For example, can you stop buying electronics which have i b m hardware in it.
You are helping the most evil people, just by living on this planet, and not aware of it. There is much bigger evil in this world everywhere than delaying payments for month because of desperation.
Almost all products in shops have child blood in them directly or indirectly.

Last edited:
•••
Working on it.
Here is the link to report to ICANN (for gTLD issues, they can't control ccTLDs).
icann. org/compliance/complaint
(remove space BEFORE org to get link to work)

•••
•••
Brian Royce stated - "In business the majority shareholder and board directs the ceo."

Gee, I wonder who Epik's Chairman and majority shareholder was during this entire debacle.

His own words would imply that Rob Monster directed Brian Royce.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
I'd love to see Brian's response to that one!
It's pretty amusing how Epik's PR tries to reinvent reality.

In September 2022, Monster brought on a seasoned CEO, Brian Royce, to protect the interests of Epik stakeholders. Royce focused on tactical efforts to pivot Epik.com into a scalable and process-driven company. Epik Holdings Inc. was able to reduce costs and avoid bankruptcy on the way to securing the sale of the core registrar and hosting businesses to a logical acquirer.

“It’s been one of the biggest challenges and successes in my career so far to have saved Epik from financial collapse,” said Royce. “I got to know so many amazing people who were gracious enough to stick and work with us.”

Last edited:
•••
It's pretty amusing how Epik's PR tries to reinvent reality.

In September 2022, Monster brought on a seasoned CEO, Brian Royce, to protect the interests of Epik stakeholders. Royce focused on tactical efforts to pivot Epik.com into a scalable and process-driven company. Epik Holdings Inc. was able to reduce costs and avoid bankruptcy on the way to securing the sale of the core registrar and hosting businesses to a logical acquirer.

“It’s been one of the biggest challenges and successes in my career so far to have saved Epik from financial collapse,” said Royce. “I got to know so many amazing people who were gracious enough to stick and work with us.”
Brian did everything he could make Epik file bankruptcy from threatening to sue to begging Monster. Remember all those posts about bankruptcy not being the end, blah blah blah? They are all such garbage people.

•••
I returned today from an extended trip dealing with death related issues and I find that my $xx,xxx in masterbuck is gone.

Surely those behind the new and improved epik will make things right.

ADD/EDIT: I've never been to the masterbucks site, so I just gave it a whirl. I see the correct number there, but it is unclear how to use the funds.

Last edited:
•••
I returned today from an extended trip dealing with death related issues and I find that my $xx,xxx in masterbuck is gone.

Surely those behind the new and improved epik will make things right.
Do you mean on the Epik site? Is it still on the masterbucks site?

•••
Do you mean on the Epik site? Is it still on the masterbucks site?
On the epik site. I've never visited the masterbucks site...I will give it a shot.

ADD/EDIT: I just went to the masterbucks site and I see the correct number is there. However, it is unclear to me how to use the funds.

Last edited:
•••
On the epik site. I've never visited the masterbucks site...I will give it a shot.

ADD/EDIT: I just went to the masterbucks site and I see the correct number is there. However, it is unclear to me how to use the funds.
Great to hear that it's there. Take a screenshot of that, in case they try and change it. At present, I don't think there is a way to use it, but at least you have some proof, and we don't yet know what the future will hold regarding those MB liabilities. Though I wouldn't be holding my breath :(

•••
I'm aware that Epik did very bad things noone else did, but it was caused by lack of cash related to crypto crash (unexpected to them) mostly, rather than enjoying being evil.
And we need to know what part was done by BJ or RM.
There is an unacceptable greed factor also.
But it is everywhere: Afternic hiding prices, and not telling even when asked (when they act as Godaddy), and clearly they want to sell for a higher price than the fixed price, and trust endusers' and domainers' stupidity.
Dynadot shows ppc ads, and this would make you lose in udrp, and block sales, because contacting domain owners is not easy, it is a secret only domainers know.

It is easier to sell at Epik than anywhere else, because elsewhere there is a thick wall between buyers and sellers, and it is used for arbitrage (sometimes).
You need to be aware of what kind of cheating each can do. For example I trust Sedo and Afternic and Dan in big sales (they won't steal money directly , send agreed amount on time), but I hate that Sedo shows our contact info to anyone, domains don't resolve at Dan, and Afternic hiding prices on landing pages.

Dynadot and Afternic maybe also Dan don't show landing pages when javascript is off, and this makes landing pages nonindexable. And it can be used for other evil purposes, such as showing a different price depending on IP, and if cloudflare doesn't like you, landing page may remain invisible.
Arbitrage attempts by big players kill this business completely. Only small players should be allowed to do this (and it can't be stopped anyway).

Masterbucks and Epik are not completely disconnected, for example when you login at Epik, those cookies make you logged in at Masterbucks as well. But you can't transfer money between those without contacting at least one of them. if you do, maybe they can help.

People are not perfect. People's behavior are strongly affected by their financial and other situation. Someone may be rich, and pay everyone on time, and give gifts and prizes, and you think this is a good employer. Same for politicians, they can steal trillions, and give citizens part of it as bribe, and win in elections again. And same for your employees. You pay too much, they don't work harder, suddenly you give much less with a reason, they stop working. But all these don't mean you won't do business with them. For example, can you stop buying electronics which have i b m hardware in it.
You are helping the most evil people, just by living on this planet, and not aware of it. There is much bigger evil in this world everywhere than delaying payments for month because of desperation.
Almost all products in shops have child blood in them directly or indirectly.
"I'm aware that Epik did very bad things noone else did, but it was caused by lack of cash related to crypto crash (unexpected to them) mostly, rather than enjoying being evil." --

What they did here is purely evil. Crypto is NOT by any means a stable financial instrument to use, which is why most normal companies don't accept Crypto currencies (I would never myself, personally), and most businesses, especially Registrars, are fiduciaries, and must provide you the product or service (in our case, the registration, renewal, transfer, deletion) of domain names, per ICANN's framework and rules.

What the criminals at Epik did was dump their liabilites with "Epik Inc" and transfer their assets to a shiny beautiful new LLC, and then create some bullshit story about the "transition" of Epik Inc into Epik LLC, and, as others have put it, re-invent the story. Thankfully we have this and other threads as proof of what happened.

I wish there was a master list/roster of people who still need to be made whole from Epik and their misdealings with their customers.

•••

Take a screenshot first thing. Second thing, file a lawsuit. 3rd thing call Rob Monster and his wife at her office every day, several times a day until he pays you. If you are out of US he probably will never pay but on upside police can't make you stop.

•••
"I'm aware that Epik did very bad things noone else did, but it was caused by lack of cash related to crypto crash (unexpected to them) mostly, rather than enjoying being evil." --

What they did here is purely evil. Crypto is NOT by any means a stable financial instrument to use, which is why most normal companies don't accept Crypto currencies (I would never myself, personally), and most businesses, especially Registrars, are fiduciaries, and must provide you the product or service (in our case, the registration, renewal, transfer, deletion) of domain names, per ICANN's framework and rules.

What the criminals at Epik did was dump their liabilites with "Epik Inc" and transfer their assets to a shiny beautiful new LLC, and then create some bullshit story about the "transition" of Epik Inc into Epik LLC, and, as others have put it, re-invent the story. Thankfully we have this and other threads as proof of what happened.

I wish there was a master list/roster of people who still need to be made whole from Epik and their misdealings with their customers.
What?!?! Masteerbucks is not a crypto and is not tradeable. Epik cash problems were caused by Monster taking people's real and giving them printed money, that he printed with a click, and spending on home improvements and other luxuries. Maybe he gambled some of his customer's money in crypto bets but we don't know. All he do know is he stole people's real money and gave them masterbucks monopoly money.

Last edited:
•••
And what would be the circumstance where it is okay to take customer's money knowing you can't complete transaction (aka stealing)?

1686535151852.png

•••
It would be nice if some legal sort could write up a generic demand letter for all those Masterbucks holders directed at Rob Monster, Epik, inc, Epik, LLC and Masterbucks, LLC. Stating that they wish to convert Masterbucks to USD (or whatever) immediately through wire transfer. Be great to see all those published here. I think that would be impactful.

•••
And what would be the circumstance where it is okay to take customer's money knowing you can't complete transaction (aka stealing)?

Show attachment 240159
It is never alright to take an escrow payment, and just keep it...for a year, 8+ months, etc.

You can't take a customers "escrow" money and do anything else with it. That is corporate abuse.

There is no provision under law where you are allowed to defraud customers to pay "secured" creditors. That is nonsense.

Brad

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back