NameSilo

The Everyone's Welcome Thread (even Canadians, SEO experts, and oldies..you get the idea).

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DU

Secret SantaTop Member
Impact
I thought I'd start a new break room thread. The great thing about this thread is you can say whatever the heck you want (except adult) and it's ON TOPIC.

All you have to do is post whatever is in your head when you are here. Simple.

Here are some acronyms we like to use:

YPSBT Your Post Sucks Big Time
YPITDB Your post is the dog's bollox
LPOD - Last Post of Day
FPOD - First....
SPOD - Second.
FPOTWN - Funny Post of the Week Nominee

Featured Friends
Johname - he doesn't have a cool nickname except johname. He is a legend. He is our local animation expect.
DU/Grace Delete aka __ aka Rickey (due to propensity to retire).
Iowa - Your source of gas prices, bacon futures, and stuff.
JBLions - Will teach you about mattress purchasing, beer, and how to remove birds from cages
Briguy Debartolo - More NP$ than everyone
Mis_Chiff - Fellow Canadian of Bri - she's a wild one
Lennco - He is lennco
Enlytend - I still read this enly--tend Adwords guru!
Verbster - The Alaskan Fisherman who hunts Right Wingers and Shoots Sh*t in more than one place
BaseballWorld - Muscle #2 (after JB)
David Walker - Semper Fi
Forge - Don't ask about this avatar
GILSAN - He posts photos. Cool ones. He also worships CR7 (if you don' t know who that is? you are advised to learn before engaging him in conversation)
JDAB - He has hot women on his new bed... but he worked hard for them
Rogue - Called Rouge more often than the movie Moulin Rouge
Cyberian - He goes by Cy. He's older than the forum. Likes the lakers and pops in sometimes to offer support and counselling.
NS - He doesn't look like the cartoons. He's an enigma. His avatar is usually hot.

SPECIAL SPECIAL GUESTS
Blobfish and girlfriend.

Grace Delete / DefaultUser / WorldsWorstDomainer will personally thank EVERY SINGLE post in this thread UNTIL someone says something about post count and gets too obsessed about reputations and starts gaming the system etc.

^ That has happened so no more ...was fun while it lasted.

Johname will personally LIKE every post in this thread until he doesn't

No racist, sexist, homophobic material that woudnt be acceptable in the 70s please.
We are ok with boobs and we are ok with men with abs (or whatever it is that makes them attractive). Ogling is healthy. Violence, not accepting that it is shallow and non-meaninful judge of people etc. is not. The most important virtue of this thread is respect for all.

Here are some topics that this thread has had:

333491.jpg

cars+and+girls2.jpg

formula-1-cars.jpg

a-lot-of-dogs.jpg

The following subjects are
BANNED

1383930930_kim-kardashian-560.jpg

So Kardashian related material is not allowed - even gratuitous boobs or bums because no one wants to see or hear about them.
your-political-views-democrat-republican-politics-obama-libe-demotivational-poster-1241176580.jpg

POLITICS OF ANY KIND IS A NO NO.
Especially if it is demeaning to the liberal elite or the conservative morons.

I suppose Anarchy is ok
515D1rdNkVL._SY355_.jpg

I AM PERSONALLY UNDECIDED ON SOME POLITICS so things like the below?
I think the crowd should decide.

ron-paul-boobs-2.JPG

We are also lady and animal friendly

tumblr_mko6femEhn1s77zr6o1_1280.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Golden State apparently doesn't know how to rebound... and Thunder don't know how to miss = blowout

•••
Last edited:
•••
TV Show on TruTV
"Impractical Jokers"
(( smile ))

•••
•••

HaHaHa I love it - haven't seen this one before. Will be forwarding to my geek posse
<-- has Math Degree

OK so I managed to miss THE ENTIRE OVERTIME of both overtime games in the Lightning/Penguins Series : grin :
I am only half watching, and guessing no one here cares due to lack of mention? Or all your favorite teams are out already, like me? My neutrality of favoring someone to win goes ever so slightly to Blues for Stastny

•••
•••
What were the names of the ships?

Peace,
Cy

According to this site http://www.urbanghostsmedia.com/2014/06/15-shipwrecks-boat-graveyards-abandoned-vessels/
the image is of SS American Star ?
ss-america-american-star-wreck-Fuerteventura.jpg

and
HMS Friday: The Legend of Hugh Williams
"On December 5, 1664, a ship sunk in the Menai Strait, a stretch of water with tremendous tidal swings off the coast of Wales. All 81 passengers died, except one. His name was Hugh Williams.

On December 5, 1785, another ship sunk in the Menai Strait, with again everyone aboard dying except for one man…named Hugh Williams.

And then again, on December 5, 1820, yet another ship sunk in the Menai Strait. Only one man survived, and he was named Hugh Williams.

This is an awesome legend, and the scope of the coincidence is staggering. Another source actually references two other British shipwrecks with the lone survivors bearing the name Hugh Williams, except they weren’t on December 5. In one of those wrecks, there were actually two survivors, an uncle and nephew, and both were named Hugh Williams. And so despite having two survivors, you could still technically say of the wreck “the only man to survive was named Hugh Williams."

more at http://thescuttlefish.com/2010/12/hms-friday-the-legend-of-hugh-william

•••
•••
•••
I have retweeted following image from my Twitter account @DNScholar
CMj5mPbVAAAOBYt.jpg

Tahiti, French Polynesia

Pic from Twitter account @EarthPixDaily

•••
•••
Most people don't know that back in 1912, Hellmann's mayonnaise was manufactured in England. In fact, the Titanic was carrying 12,000 jars of the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico, which was to be the next port of call for the great ship after its stop in New York . This would have been the largest single shipment of mayonnaise ever delivered to Mexico . But as we know, the great ship did not make it to New York . The ship hit an iceberg and sank. The people of Mexico, who were crazy about mayonnaise, and were eagerly awaiting its delivery, were disconsolate at the loss. Their anguish was so great, that they declared a National Day of Mourning.

The National Day of Mourning occurs each year on May 5th and is known, of course, as SINKO DE MAYO.

WHAT ??? You expected something educational from me?
You need a shot of Tequila .

•••
OK so I managed to miss THE ENTIRE OVERTIME of both overtime games in the Lightning/Penguins Series : grin :
I am only half watching, and guessing no one here cares due to lack of mention? Or all your favorite teams are out already, like me? My neutrality of favoring someone to win goes ever so slightly to Blues for Stastny

DU and Briguy care.

I care when/if the Sharks make the finals.

Jeremy agrees with me.

San Jose Sharks are best-bet to win Stanley Cup, says Jeremy Roenick

http://www.mercurynews.com/sharks/ci_29915121/san-jose-sharks-are-best-bet-win-stanley

•••
•••
•••
•••
One day, in line at the cafeteria, Bob says to Stanley behind him, “My elbow hurts like hell. I guess I better see a doctor.”

“Listen, you don’t have to spend that kind of money,” Stan replies. “There’s a diagnostic computer down at WalMart. Just give it a urine sample and the computer will tell you what’s wrong and what to do about it. It takes ten seconds and costs ten dollars…a lot cheaper than a doctor.”

So Bob deposits a urine sample in a small jar and takes it to WalMart. He deposits ten dollars, and the computer lights up and asks for the urine sample. He pours the sample into the slot and waits.

Ten seconds later,the computer ejects a printout: “You have tennis elbow. Soak your arm in warm water and avoid heavy activity. It will improve in two weeks.”

That evening while thinking how amazing this new technology was, Jack began wondering if the computer could be fooled.

He mixed some tap water, a stool sample from his dog, and urine samples from his wife and daughter. Bob hurries back to WalMart, eager to check the results. He deposits ten dollars, pours in his concoction, and waits.

The computer prints the following:

1. Your tap water is too hard. Get a water softener.

2. Your dog has ringworm. Bathe him with anti-fungal shampoo.

3. Your daughter has a cocaine habit. Get her into rehab…

4. Your wife is pregnant. Twins. They aren’t yours. Get a lawyer.

And as always, thank you for shopping at Walmart.

•••
As of this posting ....

Hope I didn't jinx it!

Billionaire throws tantrum after being denied entry to ‘Hamilton’
Tickets bought on StubHub are found to be counterfeit, irking billionaire investor Chris Sacca

This shark bared his teeth, but he still didn’t get into “Hamilton.”

California tech billionaire and frequent “Shark Tank” guest Chris Sacca showed up at the Richard Rodgers Theatre last Thursday with two tickets he bought on StubHub.

But when a scanner determined the tickets were counterfeit, and he and girlfriend Crystal English were turned away, Sacca began flapping his jaws.
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/bi...n-2016-05-22?siteid=yhoof2&yptr=yahoo&ref=yfp

•••
•••
•••
•••
its one thing to be a house in your 20's another to have a gut in your 60's

•••
•••
Actually the 20's is worst because it leads to a full life time of being overweight. And we are talking about two different weight classifications

•••
Easier said than done getting a gut when you get older as opposed to not having one.
This I know.
Why I am envious of those few who have no gut.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back