Dynadot

discuss The 3D Showcase and Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi everyone! The 3D market appears to be exploding! Record takes at the box office by movies such as Avatar and Alice in Wonderland and the announcement this week of the new 3D TV which is set to hit markets shortly have helped buoy interest in 3D multimedia platforms. Even the major American television network NBC has jumped in and will be broadcasting the NCAA Final Four basketball games in 3D!

A direct beneficiary from this renewed interest and greatly improved 3D technology is the domain business. Some of you had foresight many years ago and reg'd great names early on. Others (myself included) have only become aquainted with 3D domaining more recently, but see the huge potential this market has opened up for domainers.

Let this be the place for you to show off your 3D domain names. Ask for opinions, marketing strategies or even an appraisal or guesstimation of value. Also, feel free to post any relevant news releases/articles related to the 3D industry.

I will start the thread off with a few of my own reg's..

3DHighDefinitionTV.com (also have plural)
3DHomeEntertainment.co.uk
3DHometheaters.org
3DStreamingMovie.com
3DVancouver.com
3DWhistler.com

Saucey. ;)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••

I just picked up 3dheadtracking.com

I'm sure that just about everyone has seen Johnny Chung Lee's headtracking video on Youtube, but now it looks as though Apple and Microsoft may be jumping in this area with products that will be easier to use than Lee's homemade device (which is awesome, btw).

AppleInsider | Apple exploring 3D head-tracking, battery life improvements

Only 210 exact search for adsense as of now, but over 500,000 on the search engine (in quotes) with about 6 or 7 ads.

It's a gamble, and it's quite likely that the "3d" term will eventually disappear. But I thought it was worth the shot.

I just watched the video, VERY COOL.
That guy is Brilliant!

I think that is an awesome reg Ms Domainer.
Good Luck!

•••
•••
•••

They have to do something with those dweeb glasses, perhaps make them fashionable and COOL looking.

If they can make those glasses an experience in themselves, then no one will mind wearing them in front of their family and friends.

•••
They have to do something with those dweeb glasses, perhaps make them fashionable and COOL looking.

If they can make those glasses an experience in themselves, then no one will mind wearing them in front of their family and friends.

I agree, they need someone cool like RayBan or something onboard to design some nice trendy looking glasses

MSDomainer, your headtracking name might turn out to be a nice reg, especially with so many people watching amateur 3D movies online like that one I posted

•••
Celebrity Experience 3D

I agree, they need someone cool like RayBan or something onboard to design some nice trendy looking glasses

MSDomainer, your headtracking name might turn out to be a nice reg, especially with so many people watching amateur 3D movies online like that one I posted

They need a celebrity to normalize 3D glasses SEE: Show attachment 15879

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
of course the glasses will end up looking cool , that will be part of the marketing plan , everyone complains about the glasses when i am reading up on 3dtv, then they go out and put their sunglasses on

•••
A few more that may... or may not... pan out..

HD3DHomeTheatres.com

3DHDHomeTheatre.com

3DHomeTheatres.org

3DHomeTheatre.tv

3DHomeTheatres.tv

3DStreamingMovie.com

Anyone have a favourite??? :)

•••
A few more that may... or may not... pan out..

HD3DHomeTheatres.com

3DHDHomeTheatre.com

3DHomeTheatres.org

3DHomeTheatre.tv

3DHomeTheatres.tv

3DStreamingMovie.com

Anyone have a favourite??? :)

This is my favorite...3DHomeTheatre.tv
Good Luck Saucey!

•••
Thanks DotStop!

Sitting here with fingers X'd !!

:)

•••
i let 3dhometheater/tv and 3dhometheatre/tv drop .......only due to finances , good luck , i think saucy has another i let drop .......online3d/tv ???? ..... i know someone at namepros does ? ( i did keep online3dtv.com)

Last edited:
•••
Glasses3D.com ended @ $575 on Snap auction.

Brad

•••
Glasses3D.com ended @ $575 on Snap auction.

Brad

Thx Brad.
I think the seller should be very happy with $575, given the fact that it's backwards.
Hopefully a sign of great things to come!

•••
•••
3DFreeTrial.Com

I get it.
Free trial for some 3D service!
Gotcha.
I like it.
Some 3D website graphic Company slogan, glasses company, free cable channel, etc.
Very Nice.

I think free3Dtrial may sound a little better,
not sure if its avail, but you might wanna check.

Good Luck Fool :lol:

Last edited:
•••
Thx Brad.
I think the seller should be very happy with $575, given the fact that it's backwards.
Hopefully a sign of great things to come!

Yah.. I agree, that's a good price for a backwards name.

•••
people will take second best sometimes ..........glasses3d

•••
i let 3dhometheater/tv and 3dhometheatre/tv drop .......only due to finances , good luck , i think saucy has another i let drop .......online3d/tv

That would be me (online3d/tv)

•••
Last edited:
•••
Check this out - Crest Toothpaste Corporation owns 3DWhite.com (new toothpaste brand)

For some reason, their site is down right now, but was up just a minute ago.
check it out later.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Very nice

I just saw this video on YouTube:

YouTube - 3D HD Panasonic Blu-ray Home System Endorsed by James Cameron and Jon Landau

It is a year old but it still got me thinking.

So I reg'd. 3DHDBD/com

What'cha think? Worth the reg?

I would try developing and marketing to Blu-ray Group. They already own several similar domains, In fact, they often times, use the term "BD" to refer to Blu-ray disc. Just look at their website and you'll find the acroynym BD sprinkled throughout their website.

Great job.

•••
BSkyB To Launch 3D TV Channel Apr 3 With Soccer Match
British Sky Broadcasting Group PLC (BSY.LN) Friday said it will launch its 3D television channel--the first in Europe--on April 3 with a soccer match between Manchester United and Chelsea.
http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-...19-704388.html

Prepare Yourself for the Great 3-D Movie-Theater Shortage

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment...the_great.html

Warner Bros to release all blockbusters in 3D

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...ers-in-3d.html

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back