IT.COM

discuss The 3D Showcase and Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi everyone! The 3D market appears to be exploding! Record takes at the box office by movies such as Avatar and Alice in Wonderland and the announcement this week of the new 3D TV which is set to hit markets shortly have helped buoy interest in 3D multimedia platforms. Even the major American television network NBC has jumped in and will be broadcasting the NCAA Final Four basketball games in 3D!

A direct beneficiary from this renewed interest and greatly improved 3D technology is the domain business. Some of you had foresight many years ago and reg'd great names early on. Others (myself included) have only become aquainted with 3D domaining more recently, but see the huge potential this market has opened up for domainers.

Let this be the place for you to show off your 3D domain names. Ask for opinions, marketing strategies or even an appraisal or guesstimation of value. Also, feel free to post any relevant news releases/articles related to the 3D industry.

I will start the thread off with a few of my own reg's..

3DHighDefinitionTV.com (also have plural)
3DHomeEntertainment.co.uk
3DHometheaters.org
3DStreamingMovie.com
3DVancouver.com
3DWhistler.com

Saucey. ;)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A couple of recent sales

3Dmovies. info - $1292
3Dmovies. mobi - $ 500

And a couple more

3Dbluraydvd.com - $5
3Darticle.com - $1

info from Domaintools.

Wow those last two went for a song! Well less than a song lol I'd charge more than that for a rendition of Danny Boy :)

•••
lets stop the tit for tat guys/gals

I have 3 .es names, I know they arent in spanish but I think I could at least recoup my reg-fee in time

3DSports.es
3DSport.es
3DGame.es (almost looks like a hack 3DGames lol)

•••

I have 3 .es names, I know they arent in spanish but I think I could at least recoup my reg-fee in time

3DSports.es
3DSport.es

3d sports = deportes3d

3d games = juegos3d

to the best of my knowledge

I tend to think glasses will be around for a while because there is no uniform standards agreed upon yet , so different manufactuers will have their own systems in place until then , in the beginings no glasses 3d may be quite limited when it conmes to viewing angles and 'sweet spots'

Having said that i think there so many different aspects of 3d to come , it would be crazy to just dismiss them all ,i think if you have a vision follow through on it ..you never know and you wont die wondering ?

•••
Thanks evirtual1, I would have preferred those but never mind

London - The worldwide 3D television business is projected to be worth more than $17 billion by 2014, according to a new report from market research firm Generator Research.

An expected 3.1 million (1.4%) of the total 225 million TV sets shipped worldwide this year will support 3D; the market share for 3D sets is expected to reach over 39% by 2014.

The firm noted that the underlying marginal cost of implementing 3D is a lot less than it was for HD, and that 3D cinema is creating a 'halo' effect helping drive adoption of 3D television.

The Hollywood studios increased their production of 3D movies in 2009 by 150%, to a total of 20 films, and over 50 are planned for release in 2010.

•••

3DSports.es
3DSport.es

Hey Giles...

i already own 3dGame.es

??

•••
Looks like Giles owns the domain from whois records.

Nombre del Dominio 3dgame.es
Estado Activado
Identificador 4A881-ESNIC-F5
Titular Giles Coley
Fecha de Alta 12-04-2010
Fecha de Caducidad 12-04-2011
Agente Registrador KEY-SYSTEMS

•••
Looks like Giles owns the domain from whois records.

Nombre del Dominio 3dgame.es
Estado Activado
Identificador 4A881-ESNIC-F5
Titular Giles Coley
Fecha de Alta 12-04-2010
Fecha de Caducidad 12-04-2011
Agente Registrador KEY-SYSTEMS

um... NOW i'm confused
.. i mean .. it's in my control panel

here's a screen:

http://www.3ddomainnames.net/3dgame-es-screen.jpg
http://www.3ddomainnames.net/3dgame-es-screen2.jpg

i LITERALLY just took these screens.

I bought this name (and announced here) on Saturday - April 10

o boy

.. i just left a ticket at 123reg... they are usually very quick in returning trouble tickets

anyone have any idea's?

look at my sig .. i actually added this the other day

Last edited:
•••
mmm, very confusing, I just checked and its in my account, thats weird???

I regged it at Moniker a day or two ago??

Anyway, Im sure it will get sorted, its cool if its yours.

•••
Just grabbed another... what do you guys think? Waste of money.. or??

3DMultimedia.ca

Thanks for your thoughts... and if anyone wants to say it's worth 5 figures or more... that's ok...I don't mind.. LOL ;)

•••
Very confusing...
but i KNEW something was up

..i believe this was a drop
after i bought 3dGame.co.uk, i searched 123reg once again for 3dGame figuring, "why not" - see what's out there...
sure enough - there was 3d Game.es

I ran over to godaddy to reg the name (cheaper and more organized for me), and it was unavailable... whois said that the name expired as of that day.

so i ran BACK to 123reg to reg the name... paid more for it, but look at the name :)

i hadn't touched it or even looked at it after i made sure it hit my account... no sedo - no 'parked'.. i just walked away... and then this.

hmmm

although, i will say that i don't think i have control over this name at the moment, so that's even more puzzling.

- - - -

.ca names are very limited due to Cira's strict guidelines... but if you were going to go .ca... "Games3d" is still available - I've been flirting with that for three months now.

good luck

•••
Thanks 3dDomainNames for your input

•••
although, i will say that i don't think i have control over this name at the moment, so that's even more puzzling.

So is the name in your account?

•••
•••
Hey Giles.. 3D... Why don't you take your conversation to PM?

•••
•••
Hey Giles.. 3D... Why don't you take your conversation to PM?

because its finished lol

•••
Just paid $9 for

3DCAMCORDERS.US

Its only my second US purchase, What you guys think?

•••
I got 3djoke.com for myself...
don't know why i registered it but i thought it was kindda kool :P
but hey... thaz just me... ny opinions :D

•••
Just regd

3DFIRMWARE.CO.UK

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
Sale comparison, just to keep our brains active.

CamRoulette. com £151,000
3DCamRoulette. com £ 70

•••
Just picked up 3Dsports.org
Dropped today.

•••
Dropped today.

Great catch pjam! :D
I'm happy to see people trying to catch or buy registered domains instead of regging dumb low-quality names... :)

•••
3D Playboy TV !

The Playboy TV portfolio of channels, whose largest subscriber base is in the adult entertainment sector with over 10,000 hours of erotic entertainment, plans to launch in 3D at the end of the year, Kieran Knight told AFP.

LINK to Story

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

Dropped today.

Nice, PM your BIN for it.

•••
Snatched one off of drop list, was regged in 2000, shame it lost its age, but has good searhc volume already.

3dIcons dot com

•••
Snatched one off of drop list, was regged in 2000, shame it lost its age, but has good searhc volume already.

3dIcons dot com

Ah, you got that.

I had my eye on that too! Wasn't fast enough--got busy with something else.

Great catch!

Congrats!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back