Dynadot

discuss The 3D Showcase and Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi everyone! The 3D market appears to be exploding! Record takes at the box office by movies such as Avatar and Alice in Wonderland and the announcement this week of the new 3D TV which is set to hit markets shortly have helped buoy interest in 3D multimedia platforms. Even the major American television network NBC has jumped in and will be broadcasting the NCAA Final Four basketball games in 3D!

A direct beneficiary from this renewed interest and greatly improved 3D technology is the domain business. Some of you had foresight many years ago and reg'd great names early on. Others (myself included) have only become aquainted with 3D domaining more recently, but see the huge potential this market has opened up for domainers.

Let this be the place for you to show off your 3D domain names. Ask for opinions, marketing strategies or even an appraisal or guesstimation of value. Also, feel free to post any relevant news releases/articles related to the 3D industry.

I will start the thread off with a few of my own reg's..

3DHighDefinitionTV.com (also have plural)
3DHomeEntertainment.co.uk
3DHometheaters.org
3DStreamingMovie.com
3DVancouver.com
3DWhistler.com

Saucey. ;)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What do you think for .mobi?

3DSMARTPHONE.MOBI
3DSMARTPHONES.MOBI
3DMOBILEPHONE.MOBI
3DCELLPHONE.MOBI

•••
Not that i know of .. but i DID find this pretty funny / interesting..

If you remember, about a month ago, we all watched 'Home3d.info' sell on Sedo for $400

ODDLY enough, this is already being listed at GoDaddy auctions... it has an asking price of $760 - but a $456 BUY IN price.

Here is the link:
https://auctions.godaddy.com/trpItemListing.aspx?miid=32053612

so... this person gambled $400 to make $56?
hmmmm... i don't know
i wonder what's at play here because that just doesn't jive right to me

Hmm... That is kinda strange.. I wonder if any group of people buy and sell names to each other in hopes of jacking up the prices and eventually selling the names to people outside of their group for a profit? I could see something like that going on, but then I'm only speculating.

•••
No doubt at all in my mind that this kind of thing goes on, from the bottom right to the top in the domain selling market. At the bottom end you only have to look at sedo's daily auction list. It is of course, far more difficult to spot at the top end. It would be easy for a few wealthy domain owners to work the market.

The other side of this is that maybe the seller is confident that it will sell for quite a bit more than the starting price.

•••
Just regged 3dStreamcast.com

•••
just regd

PORTABLE3DPLAYER.CO.UK

Portabledvdplayer.co.uk had 301,000 exact searches in March in the uk, just hope the mine goes the same way!

:bingo:

•••
BIDO auction - buy3dtv.info sold for $30.00

•••
sigh...i'm so weak..

3DF**KMOVIE .COM
GPS-3D .COM
3DBUSINESSOPPORTUNITIES .COM
3DBUSINESSOPPORTUNITY .COM
SUBMIT3D .COM
3DSUBMIT .COM

rapidshare3d .com now receiving about 10 uniques a day after a couple of days on sedo.

•••
Not sure if it belongs to anyone here but Ive just registered here

3dnewsforum.com

I just regged this one

3D-Console.com

Last edited:
•••
Anybody here buying 3D domains on the aftermarket?

Anybody here buying 3D domains on the aftermarket?

•••
I am always on the lookout D-K

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
Not sure if it belongs to anyone here but Ive just registered here

3dnewsforum.com

I just regged this one

3D-Console.com

Hey Giles... 3dNewsForum.com is mine ...
.. THANKS for registering... could definitely use your solid posts and interesting nuggets form around the web you always find... did u like it?

and as for your question about Top 3d names..real easy IMO
... GAMES, GAMES and GAMES

there will be NOTHING bigger in this whole 3d market, if you ask me.

the numbers are already through the roof... although, that IS a bit skewed due to mislabeling by marketers - for example, some will call a simple animated model "3D"... or "3d Home Designer" is nothing but a CAD program of your home, but "3d" is how it's pushed.. it's what sells. (think about that)

... i would probably put sports second, BUT i say this WAY BEFORE the internet gets a hold of 3d... and as you might imagine, there are still some BRILLIANT people in the world who DON'T work for Sony, or Sharp or Apple or Google... etc... that will probably sit at home and make that computer stand up and sing a song when they're done with it... so "Web 3d" will probably make this list, maybe even top it at some point.

•••
Thanks 3Ddomainnames, the site looks great, look forward to adding as much as I can

I agree with your angle on games, it will be big...games, sport and movies/TV is what will be the big players, but gaming can keep going with motion controllers, gaming suits etc

Last edited:
•••
I have been holding back on a couple of pretty decent reg's for over a month or 2, now I'm ready to pull the trigger, but I need your opinion...

With the term Movie/s...
Do you guys like the plural or singular better.

Local Exact Search Results show plural is better.
Global Exact Search Results shows singular is better.

with games its a no brainer, the plural is much better in both searches...
Just having a hard time decding on the movie domain.

Opinions?

Thx,
Vito.

•••
TDS, I think the plural is better with both, but "Movie" is still nice

Just my opinion

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
i decided the other day to grab imotioncontrol.com as a result of reading about motion control because of this thread

plural verses singular ........chicken or the egg ?

3dmovies sounds better than 3dmovie to me , ...perfect world would have both !

i like 3dhomecinema over the plural though

i tried to grab web3dgames but it was gone , did grab web3dpoker the other day though

•••
Giles and evirtual.

I agree. I like the plural better too...just had to get a couple other opinions first. :)

Thank You,
Vito.

•••
Hey guys/gals... I'm back after a small "break" from namepros! ;)

FYI, you are not supposed to post available names in this thread.. I personally don't mind, but proper rules state that you are not supposed to do this.. It landed me in a bit of hot water when I posted a small list of available names.. Just a word of warning is all. :)

In other news.. I could not believe my latest HAND REG.. still a few goodies out there, no matter what the naysayers think/say!

Check out the Google stats on these Keywords for the UK..

Flat screen tv
Flat screen tvs

(over 110K EXACT searches/mo in UK alone..)

Pretty impressive!

I just hand reg'd, and am very happy with...

3DFlatScreenTV.co.uk

3DFlatScreenTVs.co.uk

3DTelevisionShows.co.uk

I figure I should be able to profit one way or another from these names..:kickass:

Last edited:
•••
news to me about available names ??

Hey i even got a click on 3dアニメ.com (3d anime) .....japanese

•••
news to me about available names ??

Hey i even got a click on 3dアニメ.com (3d anime) .....japanese

Nice one E!

yes... it was news to me too.... I'm not saying to stop, I'm just saying to be aware... I got nailed! What really sucked, was I got in trouble for trying to help other members out! Almost an Oxy-moron of sorts...;)

P.S. thoughts on my latest reg's?? Am I still being crazy? lol ;)

•••
Yep, I got nailed on post 832, you cant post available names, I guess if I post it somwhere else, most of you wont get a chnace to see them, oh well

•••

FYI, you are not supposed to post available names in this thread.. I personally don't mind, but proper rules state that you are not supposed to do this.. It landed me in a bit of hot water when I posted a small list of available names.. Just a word of warning is all. :)

In other news.. I could not believe my latest HAND REG.. still a few goodies out there, no matter what the naysayers think/say!

Flat screen tv
Flat screen tvs

Pretty impressive!

3DFlatScreenTV.co.uk

3DFlatScreenTVs.co.uk

3DTelevisionShows.co.uk

I figure I should be able to profit one way or another from these names..:kickass:

Hey, Saucey,

Welcome back, and thanks for the warning. I, too, didn't know that was not allowed on the discussion thread.

If you want to post (or look at) available domains, there is an available thread for that.

Just scroll down toward the bottom of the domain name section. It's a members-only thread, so you have to be signed in.

I have picked up a few decent domains (one 3d) from that thread.

Last edited:
•••

3DFlatScreenTV.co.uk

3DFlatScreenTVs.co.uk

3DTelevisionShows.co.uk

I would have thought the following might have been better to reg -

FLATSCREEN3DTVS.CO.UK

FLATSCREEN3DTV.CO.UK

could be wrong but thats the way i would have done it!

•••

Flat screen tv
Flat screen tvs

Pretty impressive!

3DFlatScreenTV.co.uk

3DFlatScreenTVs.co.uk

3DTelevisionShows.co.uk

These were nice grabs ... i agree with this sequence better than your suggestion MrCurly. (sorry)

As for rules?... haha .. just ask ME about rules... i get an email telling me i broke 'some kind of rule' almost every other day here... even when trying to help everybody, i still get them... maybe they just don't like me here, for whatever reason, but that's fine ... the emails have slowed down the less i post, so maybe that's what they want... who knows. It's ashame, really... it's a FORUM... a MESSAGE BOARD!!...it's MEANT for everything we are doing here... should be NO HARM done, especially with the same CORE of people that come to this thread and post valuable information, resources, links... names for sale.. etc.

I wrote a nice post on here yesterday offering to help everybody out with free advertising on my sites... it somehow got 'stuck in moderation' (probably because i showed a block of html code that i wanted you all to follow)... was told it's supposed to be posted in another thread... i then declined, telling them i only wanted to help THIS group of people that i have been posting with for months... my offer wasn't for just ANYbody that comes to NP... it was for YOU GUYS (and girls)

I understand where they are coming from, as i am sure they are reading this post right now... but there should be SOME leniency and loyalty taken for things such as context and intent... my post was to be very helpful for you all and i was looking forward to your replies... but i'm on thin enough ice here as it is and i think it's a little unfair it never got to see the light of your computer screens... i have been fanning the flames of this thread with you all since THE LAST 3d thread we started - wanted to give back a little...
.. anyway...
... sorry all...
... i have asked for them tot reconsider my last post as i think it will (in the long term anyway) help a few people out.

- - - - - - -

AAaannnnyyywayyy...

in other news (i believe i can write about that)

... i had not mentioned this name on this particular thread only because it really didn't apply (see how good i am?!)... but not too long ago, i scored a sweetheart of a name that is starting to gain some really big steam these days... i spent some time putting together a nice little site and have gotten NO LES than 30 uniques a day out of the gate:

• RGByTV.com
(if u would like to see - type in the url... this is a live site .. too afraid to post a LINK)

if anyone is not familiar with this, this is Sharp's new '4 color TV' (I bought that one also)... supposed to be amazingly vibrant and much more accurate .. takes the color gamut from 1 million colors to a TRILLION different colors.

Sharp is the ONLY ones offering this new tech right now and arean't exactly marketing this as "RGBY", instead, trying to educate the consumers with 'Quad Pixel Technology' ...this method of marketing, i believe will eventually give way to my more catchy, ( and more accurate)RGBy TV once the other manufacturers jump on board.

so .. the ONLY reason i bring this up is because Sharp has just announced that they will be implementing 3d into their RGBy TV's this year, which will ultimately give Sharp, arguably, the best 3d tv in teh world.

We can argue that if we'd like, but my final point is this..

Hand regged as of yesterday:

• RGBy3d.com

anybody else been following this advancement and is anyone else excited about this?

**PS... also was able to grab RGBy.net** :D

Thanks all

Last edited:
•••
3d parkour

picked up 3dparkour.com

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back