IT.COM

Suggestion : Buyer must declare the Decision of the domain / sites bought

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Do you agree that the Buyer must declare the Decision of the domain / sites bought

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

CakeCode

Top Member
Impact
I believe that NP is a great market place, which offers its members to trade the domains / sites for no fee.

Given the opportunity for the buyer to request the Domain's / Sites and send them via P.M , instead of being posted them on the thread, its possible that the Buyers are just collecting the names.

We have a rule that mandates the buyer's to announce winner's name in the LOGO Contest thread's , and even in the auction area's public can easily identify the winner, looking at the BIDS.

So I strongly believe there should be a rule for the buyers in the Domain Names Wanted and Websites wanted sections to publish the name of the domains / sites they bought along with the sellers info. That way it will improve the quality of the submissions and people really get interested in submitting the names.

I do understand that the Buyer might receive tons of PM's in their Inbox with the proposals, and might spend lot of time skimming through the fit ones and dumping the spam ones, but once the buyer decides to go with a name, it wouldn't time much time for them to announce it on the same thread, and if they are still looking for more they can continue to accept more names by posting the message, looking for more.

It's just my observation since I have submitted lot of PM's for the names wanted and hardly received any response, it's OK on the Buyer's part not to response if they feel the names we submit are a no match to their requirements but it would be nice to see them announce the names once they choose.

Thanks for your time reading this and please post your opinions along with your votes on the POLL.

Cheers,
Cake Code

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I agree. Way too many WTB threads have members taking the time to go through all their domains and price them even though weeks or even months have passed since the thread was started, when the OP never even comes back to the thread. I think it would be much better if members could just post their domains to Namepros site category listings and let the WTB members visit the categories they are interested in and contact those members only. That would save everyone else's valuable time from being wasted.

•••
No one has to waste their time just avoid the topic. Namepros has no way of enforcing this rule in the first place. Secondly it would just result in many never posting here so that would just see lesser participation.

Domains Wanted threads can be very frustrating for both sides, many sellers constantly ignore the requirements. When a listing says .com only and you get a pm :"Hey bro I got this great .net or .xyz is the future let me know if you are interested." That says either the person cannot read and the education system of their country has failed them, or they are a spam troll. No way to spin it when someone tells you .com only.

There are certainly potential buyers that use threads to fish for ideas, they look for the names that they like with a change of one letter or a suffix in a brandable example.

That is the nature of the business, it's not easy and it's not quick. Namepros is going to respect the privacy of it's members and if someone does not want to reveal they purchased a domain no one can make them. Certainly seems sellers constantly request that buyer's remove the name after they purchase in fixed price or win an auction. So if they want their privacy respected it has to work both ways.

•••
Thanks, lots of great input in this thread.

A middle ground may be requesting that buyers do this, rather than requiring them to do it. It's possible that more buyers would do this if they were asked and if they saw that it actually helped them receive better names that were closer to what they're looking for. The buyers could always remove the domains once they finished with the thread and they were no longer looking for more names.

•••
Thanks, lots of great input in this thread.

A middle ground may be requesting that buyers do this, rather than requiring them to do it. It's possible that more buyers would do this if they were asked and if they saw that it actually helped them receive better names that were closer to what they're looking for. The buyers could always remove the domains once they finished with the thread and they were no longer looking for more names.

I don't agree it will bring about better names, there is no correlation there that would make sense for that to happen. They are not naming and shaming the people who spam or send blatantly off topic names. Instead you are requiring more work for someone where there is no upside. Secondly what about the seller ?

Example Member 1 is a big believer in a certain niche, they buy names, post in threads about the topic.

They decide they want to sell one or two, let's say VR names, the buyer now has to post that here, and other members get to see that seller sold for $150 if that was the max budget anyone can figure those numbers out. That may affect the rest of their portfolio as members know what they sold VR*** for without knowing the full reasoning behind the sale. Maybe the seller does not want to explain themself.

•••
Personally I don't have any problems with buyers not revealing the name/seller info. To be honest I wouldn't necessarily want to publish this info myself as a buyer.

Furthermore, I don't think the buyer should reply to a PM if he isn't interested.
I think it's a lot simpler that way and everyone knows exactly where they stand. So many times I receive notifications of a PMs on my phone while I'm busy and I take the time to check only to find "Sorry not interested" which is a waste of my time. It's more efficient for both parties if PMs are sent only when there is interest.

I'm a little more comfortable with @korganian 's suggestion, I think that might be something worth looking into.

•••
I personally think the Wanteds section is doing well as is, and we shouldn't lower activity there by imposing more rules. Getting buyers to post their decision may result in less threads being created (as buyers feel the pressure to either buy or not post at all) and invade the privacy of the buyer/seller. The ones that want to post if they bought something already do this by editing the first post.

Think of it this way - you get one new thread there, and maybe 100 submissions and 1 person's domain gets picked. The remaining 99 need to have patience and keep submitting names for they may be the next person to be picked. Even if it seems like there are no sales happening, that's not true. And spending maybe 10 mins of your time for someone who is actively looking to buy domains is not a waste of time IMO. Leave it to the buyer to decide what he/she wants to do.

•••
And spending maybe 10 mins of your time for someone who is actively looking to buy domains is not a waste of time IMO.

I'm sorry but it is. To make a sale you'd need an average 100x10 = 1,000 minutes of your time total. That's a lot of hours spent, just for a .....reseller-price sale ?

•••
Good thread @CakeCode . I think this rule should be imposed because some "Domains Wanted" threads are not closed and people even submitting names after several months. It will help to get a clear picture whether the buyer is actually buying domains or just considering the names..

•••
Good one @CakeCode - I think you raised a relevant point

I'm also for having this implemented - perhaps even the middle ground option like @Eric Lyon suggested.

•••
As mentioned in the post by Eric Lyon, " requesting that buyers do this " could provide an opportunity to measure buyer interest and responsiveness to the OP's interesting proposal.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back