NameSilo

Stolen Domain!!! Need Help!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello Everyone,

As all of you know I recently bought ***.com from the user "smullen" at namepros.

I just checked my account today and the domain isn't in my account anymore. I don't know how the hell this can happen but I need major help on recovering it!!!

The new whois is:
Administrative Contact:
SAGHT
Network Administrator ([email protected])
+61.0734115039
Fax: +61.0734115039
30 Loch St
West End, QLD 4101
AU

The domain is at ENOM, how do I go about recovering my domain I bought!!
Do they have a number, what will I need to provide? I received no email that the domain was pushed to another user...

Please help me people, I need to get to the bottom of this and get my domain back...

-Jarrod

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Australia said:
get over it, learn from it and move on :imho:

wow, youd be singing a different tune if it happened to you. You just dont steal a domain and then refund their money and act like its ok, premium is in the right here.

The fact the smullen even knows how to steal a domain is troubling to me.

•••
Premium said:
You let me know, As I said, there is no way you'll get away with this, I have contacted all authorities and in the morning I will follow up with them.

-Jarrod

What? Did you call your local police department, sheriff Joe is going to hop right on that one. You got your money back, there is no crime here.

David

•••
droplister said:
wow, youd be singing a different tune if it happened to you. You just dont steal a domain and then refund their money and act like its ok, premium is in the right here.

The fact the smullen even knows how to steal a domain is troubling to me.

i know it sucks but what can he do?

•••
David said:
What? Did you call your local police department, sheriff Joe is going to hop right on that one. You got your money back, there is no crime here.

David

This is absolutely true..

The only course of action should you not be able sort amicably would be through a civil case.

very difficult mind for these, in the US, UK and Australia cannot be filed by proxy i.e. you have to attend the hearings.

Actually, i dont think it a bad price as well, its certainly not the bargain of the century...

Personally, if Smullen doesnt feel like returning the domain despite the strength of feeling against his actions then this may be the only comfort you will gain from this..

But do keep us posted of developments, for if it transpires Smullen doesnt reconsider his actions, i, for one will not be doing any business with him in the future and if i see any of my friends/peers doing likewise, i will make it my business to let them know my feelings....

•••
It's not a criminal offense but still, it was Premium's domain name.

•••
i just had a look at the sales thread, when the bidding difference between premium and tekz was $1 [the bids were $1701 and $1702], it's premium's fault to begin with, lets take facts into account, premium short changed the seller, the seller did push the domain, after acknowledging he was short changed he notified enom and reversed the domain transfer and refunded premium! Anyone see anything wrong here?

•••
I am sure RJ is investigating and we should wait and respect his final judgement call.

•••
originalclips said:
i just had a look at the sales thread, when the bidding difference between premium and tekz was $1 [the bids were $1701 and $1702], it's premium's fault to begin with, lets take facts into account, premium short changed the seller, the seller did push the domain, after acknowledging he was short changed he notified enom and reversed the domain transfer and refunded premium! Anyone see anything wrong here?

technically, smullen may be right but ethically???

has anyone called

domainpolice.com :hehe:

•••
•••
So what I forgot $2??? Does it not happen to you guys? Its life, nobody's perfect but to go behind my back... steal the domain, refund my money...

Think about it... even tho I was $2 short, its not right or even fair to just go steal ur domain back...Let me know I made a mistake and I"ll pay the difference...

It is a crime to steal.

Last edited:
•••
Australia said:
technically, smullen may be right but ethically???

has anyone called

domainpolice.com :hehe:

There is nothing ethically wrong with it, he was short changed, it was $2 it could have been $2,000 the fact remains he was short changed! The seller can ask for the $2 or cancel the sale altogether! There is no legal binding contract selling on namepros for both buyers and sellers, just code of ethics. Premium should be kicking himself for making the $2 mistake! If he sent the full amount then he would be the one who was right!

Premium said:
I think your all forgetting here, Paypal charged $58 for the refund.

That means he still has to refund $58, and the domain should belong to me still. I don't think you guys get it... So what I forgot $2??? Does it not happen to you guys? Its life, nobody's perfect but to go behind my back... steal the domain, refund my money...

Think about it... even tho I was $2 short, its not right or even fair to just go steal ur domain back...Let me know I made a mistake and I"ll pay the difference...

It is a crime to steal.

You are over reacting, he didn't steal it if he refunded your money, it was your fault to begin with for not paying him in full, the $2 wouldn't matter if the bids weren't at $1701 and $1702 and you gave him $1,700!

btw, if he refunded you with paypal, paypal would / should refund all charges too including your $58!

•••
Did u lock ur domain after u bought it ?

•••
Of course I'm going to have those people who go against me, but they aren't the ones in my position here.

I did nothing wrong, I mad a mistake, terribly one at that. However think about what smullen did, and Smullen, I hope your sitting there watching this thread getting a good chuckle out of this. I hope your happy and this goes to show how selfish some people are in this world.

You turned this into the worst day of my life, I was having a good weekend, until you had to do this.

•••
hmmm, give him time I am sure he will push it back , must of been some kind of mistake or mixup.

•••
It'd be different if smullen told me I forgot the $2, but he didn't tell me and his whole plan was to not tell me and steal the domain back.

I mean if I forgot the $2, tell me, give me a time frame to send the rest of the money to you.

-Jarrod

•••
Premium said:
I think your all forgetting here, Paypal charged $58 for the refund.

PayPal doesn't charge to do refunds. If it cost Sean $58 to receive the money, they will reimburse that $58 for the full transaction price goes back to the buyer. You should have the whole $1700 back in your PayPal account. Can you confirm this?

originalclips said:
There is nothing ethically wrong with it, he was short changed, it was $2 it could have been $2,000 the fact remains he was short changed! The seller can ask for the $2 or cancel the sale altogether!
There was a binding contract to sell the name to Premium for $1702. Why there seems to have been a complete breakdown in communication, I have no idea. The $2 short was obviously an unintential mistake by Premium, and should have been called out by Sean prior to sending the domain.

Instead, he accepted payment, transferred the domain and even left positive feedback on Premium. Jarrod had every right to assume the transaction was completed. At that point, both parties had accepted their consideration and ownership of the domain was legally transferred.

If you see nothing ethically wrong with completing a transaction "successfully", then stealing back the property, you have some seriously warped sense of ethics. That is NOT how to do business. A simple email requesting the additional $2 would have most likely resolved the situation, but instead it looks like it was used as an excuse for the seller to change his mind after the fact. Very concerning, to say the least.

•••
After reading this thread I will certainly never do any business with Smullen! :td:

•••
•••
central said:
After reading this thread I will certainly never do any business with Smullen! :td:

He is ruined here as far as I am concerned. also, this news will reach other forums and he will be ruined on those also..

•••
ditto here and I also vote for him to be banned.. he sets bad precedent for all future premium domain sales...

•••
-RJ- said:
PayPal doesn't charge to do refunds. If it cost Sean $58 to receive the money, they will reimburse that $58 for the full transaction price goes back to the buyer. You should have the whole $1700 back in your PayPal account. Can you confirm this?

I just checked and I have the full amount, sorry my mistake.

This is the first time something like this has happend to me and its very unfortunate that I have to spend most of my day putting up with this whole mess when Smullen can fix this whole thing in a matter of minutes.

Smullen, instead of watching this thread, perhaps you could explain to the public how you stole my domain and what you plan on doing?

I've had enough of this, and I don't know what to do.

Smullen, I will forgive you for this, just do the right thing man.

•••
Re: the original auction
- The amount paid was not the highest bid. It became the 3rd highest bid.
- Several other issues with the auction were raised.

In short, the auction process failed.

In the circumstances, there are a number of sensible options worth consideration such as giving the next bidder the
option to purchase or re-auctioning from scratch.

Re-auctioning was my preference because it seemed to be most fair, all factors considered.

I recall running that by a moderator who saw nothing wrong with that solution.

It appears Premium saw creating this thread and making up defamatory stories and wild allegations as an alternative.

-----
Bullying never works.
-----

I live by a deal is a deal - Premium didn't keep up his end of the bargain and that is all there is too it. End of Story.

•••
smullen said:
I live by a deal is a deal - Premium didn't keep up his end of the bargain and that is all there is too it. End of Story.

Then a deal is a deal. Accept the $1702 payment and transfer the domain.

•••
maroulis said:
ditto here and I also vote for him to be banned.. he sets bad precedent for all future premium domain sales...

I agree 100% I don't want to see Namepros tainted over this incident.

•••
A little #$#%@ creating this thread and calling me a theif wasn't part of that deal.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back