Dynadot

Stolen Domain!!! Need Help!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello Everyone,

As all of you know I recently bought ***.com from the user "smullen" at namepros.

I just checked my account today and the domain isn't in my account anymore. I don't know how the hell this can happen but I need major help on recovering it!!!

The new whois is:
Administrative Contact:
SAGHT
Network Administrator ([email protected])
+61.0734115039
Fax: +61.0734115039
30 Loch St
West End, QLD 4101
AU

The domain is at ENOM, how do I go about recovering my domain I bought!!
Do they have a number, what will I need to provide? I received no email that the domain was pushed to another user...

Please help me people, I need to get to the bottom of this and get my domain back...

-Jarrod

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wow, i just read this entire thread, heavy stuff!!
It's certainly been an educating read!

Congrats Premium, Justice has been done,
Hope you get a mega-sale from your domain!

•••
Premium said:
Yeah, I sent the full amount this time and hope its the last of it. No reply from Enom yet....

Also I don't know what my account is, I forget, how can I find out what it is? If I am a reseller or retail, should I transfer to another registrar? Or signup with enom direct and push tnq.com to that account?

I just want my domain in a safe place right now.

-Jarrod

You lost your eNom login? Where did you get the eNom account in the first place? If Sean created it for you, he may still have access to it as your parent reseller. Put it in your own eNom reseller account now! If you need one, create one here
http://www.namepros.com/enomsignup.php? and PM me to convert it to reseller for you.

Reseller accounts do not let anyone else change your domains, while retail accounts do allow your parent reseller to retain management abilities.

A registrar transfer might is not a bad idea, since you don't know how it was able to leave your eNom account in the first place.

•••
-RJ-, I just forgot if my account is a reseller or if I signed up with enom directly, I'm unsure and I would like to know how I find out what my account is.

I never forgot my enom login, I have made sure my password is top notch.

Anyways I received an email from Enom today and this is what they said:

The former account holder contacted us and claimed he had pushed the domain "by mistake". The person who pushed it back is fairly new here and did not understand that it is our policy to refer these requests back to the original account holder.

So it was a mistake, and Enom fixed it, they said they have informed all Enom support staff about this, and it shouldn't happen in the future.

This is a very dirty way to steal a domain back. Anyways I hope its all over now, if the staff would like me to ask Enom anymore questions, please PM me.

-RJ-, I sure hope this member is properly punished for his behavior.

BTW if I was to transfer to godaddy, I would have to unlock my domain, and if I do that, couldn't it be stolen again?

What should I do in order to protect my domain now?

•••
unreal - how sneaky of Sean and how ignorant of Enom staff to push back to him in the first place. At least we now know that he didn't request transfer within 7 days of pushing back via any official means as this would have resulted in you getting notified via email...

•••
Jarrod, push it to me for now if you are unsure.. PM for user id

What were saying here, not being condescending, but if you are under a reseller account and you are listed as a retail account under that reseller, then the reseller can access your account and do what they want with your domains.

If, in this instance, you are under the seller then he can simply access your account and move the domain again. Worst case scenario trnsfer it to another registrar that is of the "i dont give a damn" school - joker *cough dot com for example...

Just because you have it back, be careful.... D-:

•••
Glad to know you got the domain name back, Premium! And this has also been
a very enlightening thread.

Heck, enlightening's an understatement!

Premium said:
Anyways I received an email from Enom today and this is what they said:

The former account holder contacted us and claimed he had pushed the domain "by mistake". The person who pushed it back is fairly new here and did not understand that it is our policy to refer these requests back to the original account holder.

So it was a mistake, and Enom fixed it, they said they have informed all Enom support staff about this, and it shouldn't happen in the future.

One can only hope. But this is a reality each and every one of us faces every
day, so we musn't let our guard down.

If it does happen, only prompt action and persistence can possibly save the
situation.

Premium said:
BTW if I was to transfer to godaddy, I would have to unlock my domain, and if I do that, couldn't it be stolen again?

What should I do in order to protect my domain now?

Only one transfer request at a time can be done. No one can start another
transfer request while the current one's in progress 'til it's concluded, whether
successfully or not.

You actually already know what to do in order to protect your name: a) be
aware, b) take action, and c) be vigilant. ;)

•••
Back