Dynadot

Stolen Domain!!! Need Help!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello Everyone,

As all of you know I recently bought ***.com from the user "smullen" at namepros.

I just checked my account today and the domain isn't in my account anymore. I don't know how the hell this can happen but I need major help on recovering it!!!

The new whois is:
Administrative Contact:
SAGHT
Network Administrator ([email protected])
+61.0734115039
Fax: +61.0734115039
30 Loch St
West End, QLD 4101
AU

The domain is at ENOM, how do I go about recovering my domain I bought!!
Do they have a number, what will I need to provide? I received no email that the domain was pushed to another user...

Please help me people, I need to get to the bottom of this and get my domain back...

-Jarrod

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
go get 'em tiger

good luck

•••
May be Namepros should intervene and kind of observe the threads that sound like highly rated and cross 1k or so.
May be, we should start an escrow service just for namepros members or so.

Gamehouse

•••
How much did you pay for the domain ??

Premium said:
When I bought this domain I got a steal, if he was mad of what price he sold it for this is no way to handle it! If I screwed up and sent $2 short, then he should of f***ing pmed or emailed me that and I would of sent him the $2.. sorry for the language but this is ridiculous and I'm fed up!

This is not the way you handle things, you think by stealing it back that you'd get more money for it, I won it fair a square pal and I will fight until I get that domain back.

Your an asshole for doing such a thing and you should be punished, you can't just go and steal a domain back because your mad about the price it sold for.

And all those NP members who encouraged him, thanks for your kind words!!!

Smullen, contact me immediately, I know your online!

•••
actually accusing people who hinted that this was a steal is NOT the right approach IMHO.. I totally understand your frustration and that's why I followed up w/him directly to see if indeed he was willing to sell outside...

unfortunately this is the case of a rogue trader...and he should be banned from all DN forums.

you also had an appraisal thread for this very name - people hinted there that the price should have been x2 at least so partially and I'm sorry to say that it could be your fault too...

-RJ- this is where I see DNOA playing an important role at least in the on-line world and hence my interest in having DNOA implemented across ALL DN-related forums. Also if you fwd me his IP i'll make sure his banned if somehow he manages to get an invite to my forum...

all the best...

•••
Its appeard one important detail has been omitted.

See attached image.

•••
well, this is what westblock hinted

Guess his Avatar is a pretty good indication of the person...
I know it's only $2 but the principle of it really sucks.

Maybe you should put a claim in with paypal and get the name back. I think you'd be able to sell it off for more than that anyway. Good Luck smullen!

Thats not at all appreciated.

Gamehouse

•••
is there any reason why you refunded the money 3 days later?

•••
maroulis said:
is there any reason why you refunded the money 3 days later?

Yes. But I don't see how it is any of your business.

•••
smullen said:

See attached image.

OMG your just unreal, when did you do this? I had no idea that you refunded my money, can't somebody go to a hockey tournament one weekend and not come home to find his most prized domain STOLEN!

I don't care if you refunded my money Smullen, you stole my domain and thats illegal.

All this over $2 that I forgot to send? You should be ashamed of yourself man, and I'm getting robbed here because of you.

I'll do whatever it takes.

Last edited:
•••
smullen said:

See attached image.

That is an important detail. Premium, did you see the refund come in on December 29th?

•••
Ah, THREE days later?

So you did not complete the contract of sale. It's simple bad faith and breach of contract.

Listen, I sell domains for way too little all the time. But I *NEVER* go back on the deal.

Oh well, not much I can do or say about it, right?

•••
-RJ- said:
That is an important detail. Premium, did you see the refund come in on December 29th?

Like I said, I was gone all week because of a huge hockey tournament that had to do with Hockey Day In Canada. Ask (Dillpupp) from namepros, I'm good friends with him and he knew I was gone.

I had no idea that he had privately refunded my money and then took the initiative of stealing my domain.

What is wrong with this guy?

•••
Premium said:
OMG your just unreal, when did you do this? I had no idea that you refunded my money, can't somebody go to a hockey tournament one weekend and not come home to find his most prized domain STOLEN!

I don't care if you refunded my money Smullen, you stole my domain and thats illegal, and when I do get it back good luck getting your money because I'm not paying a cent.

All this over $2 that I forgot to send? You should be ashamed of yourself man, and I'm getting robbed here because of you.

I'll do whatever it takes.

You're worse than him. :|

•••
Ben said:
You're worse than him. :|

I'm worse than him? He stole my domain, and I have a right to be angry. I didn't mean what I said and I would pay him the money as long as I got the domain back.

All I ask is that you send back the domain, I'll send your money back as well as $20 extra to pay for the $2 I forgot to send.

You got 2 choices here, you can either be stubborn, or be fair.

And another thing, why and how did you steal my domain? This is terrible business, and could leave yourself with a very bad reputation.

Last edited:
•••
tnq.com is on sedo

I just typed in TNQ.com and it came up as listed on Sedo as of 4:03 P.M. PDT, Sunday, January 8.

Last edited:
•••
Well, aside from the horrendous reverse thread crash by those unconnected with the original sale, im still confused as to how the domain could be hijacked if transfer was complete.

Its slightly less of a crime if the money was returned but make a sale you are happy with, have others then tell you youve sold it too cheaply (including it seems the buyer) and then go return the money and reclaim the domain without informing the buyer... D-:

Jeez man that sure sucks.... Shame on you...

•••
homebuyer said:
I just typed in TNQ.com and it came up as listed on Sedo as of 4:03 P.M. PDT, Sunday, January 8.

It's still under my Sedo account.

Smullen, whats it going to be? Really, I won't care and this whole thread can be deleted if you do the right thing and give me my domain I won back.

I will happily send back the money in full!

You let me know, As I said, there is no way you'll get away with this, I have contacted all authorities and in the morning I will follow up with them.

-Jarrod

•••
I think, at enom you have 7 days to stop any push. So in this case, there may be no hijacking at all.

Gamehouse

Badger said:
Well, aside from the horrendous reverse thread crash by those unconnected with the original sale, im still confused as to how the domain could be hijacked if transfer was complete.

Its slightly less of a crime if the money was returned but make a sale you are happy with, have others then tell you youve sold it too cheaply (including it seems the buyer) and then go return the money and reclaim the domain without informing the buyer... D-:

Jeez man that sure sucks.... Shame on you...

•••
my guess, he got a better offer after he sold the domain!

•••
Exactly, I am with premium on this one even though he did give a refund. It is still not right to back off on an order.

•••
I don't know the full story, appears nobody does yet? But it is very bad news if a "seller" can get away with this type of thing on the forum.

If the "seller " has a very good reason for returning the money and not proceeding with an agreed sale it would be a reasonable idea to share it with interested parties - ie, Name Pros members.

Caveat emptor:?

•••
originalclips said:
my guess, he got a better offer after he sold the domain!

Of course he did, After I won it, he was offered $2,000 and so forth... but thats not the point of this all. I won it fair and square, the domain is mine, and its just bad business to go steal back a domain, refund the money, and honor the higher bidder?

ALL OF THIS BEHIND MY BACK AND JUST DONT EVEN TELL ME?

Where is your heart man? Honestly, think about what you did...and to think OVER $2 that I forgot to send, can't you forgive me for that? I would pay you it in a heartbeat!

When you put anything up for auction and place a no reserve, whatever it sells for, it sells for. There is no going back.

•••
Enom will simply look it over and ignore it, it's just a case of bad business practice and nothing more.

•••
Simple: The domain is Premium's... for $1,702.

...but Premium should have at least told us he got his money back when he started this post. Not that it matters, he bought it, it's HIS.

•••
get over it, learn from it and move on :imho:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back