IT.COM

Stolen Domain!!! Need Help!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello Everyone,

As all of you know I recently bought ***.com from the user "smullen" at namepros.

I just checked my account today and the domain isn't in my account anymore. I don't know how the hell this can happen but I need major help on recovering it!!!

The new whois is:
Administrative Contact:
SAGHT
Network Administrator ([email protected])
+61.0734115039
Fax: +61.0734115039
30 Loch St
West End, QLD 4101
AU

The domain is at ENOM, how do I go about recovering my domain I bought!!
Do they have a number, what will I need to provide? I received no email that the domain was pushed to another user...

Please help me people, I need to get to the bottom of this and get my domain back...

-Jarrod

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Did you have the domain locked prior to anything happening?

•••
I would personally report it directly to ICANN if possible. IF not, then you are a victim of fruad or a scam.

•••
You received the "push" at Enom, and now it's no longer there in your Enom account? :gl:
Who/what is this SAGHT?

I'd contact Enom directly ASAP! :talk: :imho:
-Jeff B-)

•••
robertall said:
I would personally report it directly to ICANN if possible. IF not, then you are a victim of fruad or a scam.

Me too - get onto them asap - that sucks, good luck

•••
I just submitted a Transfer Dispute at Enom, its what you have to do for Stolen Domains. The domain should of been locked, not?

Yeah I bought it, it was pushed to my account, and now it was stolen!!!

Does enom have a customer support number?
How do I report it to ICANN?

•••
•••
I've never called Enom, personally ... I guess you could try their Legal Dept. if your current support ticket doesn't yield immediate assistance, IMHO. :blink:

eNom, Inc. Attn. Legal
2002 156th Ave. NE, Suite #300
Unigard Park, McKinley Building
Bellevue, WA 98007 USA
Phone: 425.274.4500
Email: [email protected]

Good Luck!
-Jeff B-)

•••
But this is what is scaring me... how will I get the domain back, I should be able to get the domain back because it was mine, I was in the whois before, and now somebody has fraudeuntly pushed it to their enom account.... I didn't do this.. and they should be able to track the IP of whoever did it right?

Man I just want this domain back, it was a big investment for me.. is there anything else I should do?

-Jarrod

•••
that's why people transfer "valueable" domains to Monicker.... wish you all the best in your quest

•••
I'd be calling and faxing the number on the whois too. Tell them that it has been fraudulently pushed to their account and you are seeking legal action.

When a domain is pushed upon purchase, sometimes it comes across to you unlocked, I don't know if it's because the original owner had it unlocked to start with or what, but it's happened to me. I always check to make sure any new purchase is locked.

Good Luck with it Premium. I think if you raise enough H3LL, you'll get it back.

•••
capiche said:
...When a domain is pushed upon purchase, sometimes it comes across to you unlocked, I don't know if it's because the original owner had it unlocked to start with or what, but it's happened to me. I always check to make sure any new purchase is locked...
And also everyone should always verify and update the contact information the moment they receive a purchased domain via transfer or push.

A lot of times the person who pushes the domain to you will push along their contact info with the domain (or some other incorrect info). Just because a domain was pushed/transferred to your account does not mean the correct contact information for you - including the ever important registrant contact email address - is properly assigned to the domain.

For TNQ.com, whois.sc history shows you, Jarrod, as the registered owner as of 12-27-05. It appears that any change of account for this domain is within the last week or two. Good luck getting it back.

•••
Change your password immediately - it's always possible that someone somehow has your password.

•••
paxton said:
And also everyone should always verify and update the contact information the moment they receive a purchased domain via transfer or push.

A lot of times the person who pushes the domain to you will push along their contact info with the domain (or some other incorrect info). Just because a domain was pushed/transferred to your account does not mean the correct contact information for you - including the ever important registrant contact email address - is properly assigned to the domain.

For TNQ.com, whois.sc history shows you, Jarrod, as the registered owner as of 12-27-05. It appears that any change of account for this domain is within the last week or two. Good luck getting it back.

If whois.sc is still showing you as the owner you should take a screen shot it could help you in getting it back. :imho: This is just another reason to use godaddy. Godaddy Rockz!!!!

•••
FYI I've already posted this on my forum too and have people checking for trading activity

•••
Get in touch with the folks as eNom ASAP! They should have a record of when and how the domain left your account. Fortunately in this case they do have the one push per 7 day rule, so you have that window to find out what happened and correct it.

•••
but isn't it the case usually that when a domain transfer is initiated the original Whois owner gets an email asking them if this is fraudulent?

GoDaddy and 1and1 do that...

•••
maroulis said:
but isn't it the case usually that when a domain transfer is initiated the original Whois owner gets an email asking them if this is fraudulent?

GoDaddy and 1and1 do that...

Every time I sell a domain I get an email from Godaddy.

•••
on 1and1 even when I have private reg - I still get email fwd'ed to my email address.... this is very strange that he didn't get any notification

but as -RJ- mentioned you have 7 days to dispute the move, you will be ok assumming the hijacker has not sold it already or is not in the process of doing so...

rgds,
SM

•••
Doesn't eNom send email when a domain has been pushed to another account?

•••
-RJ- said:
Doesn't eNom send email when a domain has been pushed to another account?

Thats what I thought, I didn't receive any email....!! Enom is yet to reply to my case.. they are closed... and the mailbox is full on the full line.

I have no other choice but to wait?

-Jarrod

Last edited:
•••
RJ sure they do but if the contact email has been change prior to push this owner would not get the email.

I have seen this many times. It all comes down to the contact and registrant email address. This domain was placed in your account and after you confirmed receipt the email on file was not changed to yours, they pushed domain into another account.

I have on the odd occassion been in receipt of emails from registrars that I should not have had its very easy to manipulate a persons account password and have complete control over an account.

I am a DNOA member and would never steal someones account :notme: But it is rather easy to do. And the person in control can transfer this domain to a registrar like Joker and it will be gone forever

Just my 2cents. I wish you good luck in recovering this domain. Out of curiousity were any of your other domains effected?

•••
Wish you good luck in recovering your name

•••
Premium, Ring the new contact number on Whois, see if you can get any answers.

•••
Sean Mullen is his Name
He is Also listed as the Registrant of aigaio.info
at that address and phone number
[email protected] <<-- is his ISP email

68 048 929 087 is his Australian Business Number
http://www.fairtrading.qld.gov.au
is Queensland Government Fair Trading Home Page
Where you can make an official complaint

Premium I am a Justice of The PEACE (Qualified ) for The state of Queensland
If you need any Australian / Queensland Documents Witnessed/Notarised regarding
this Complaint ,I can help

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back