Dynadot

Stolen Domain!!! Need Help!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello Everyone,

As all of you know I recently bought ***.com from the user "smullen" at namepros.

I just checked my account today and the domain isn't in my account anymore. I don't know how the hell this can happen but I need major help on recovering it!!!

The new whois is:
Administrative Contact:
SAGHT
Network Administrator ([email protected])
+61.0734115039
Fax: +61.0734115039
30 Loch St
West End, QLD 4101
AU

The domain is at ENOM, how do I go about recovering my domain I bought!!
Do they have a number, what will I need to provide? I received no email that the domain was pushed to another user...

Please help me people, I need to get to the bottom of this and get my domain back...

-Jarrod

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Only one name was in the account, thank god!!!
Your wrong, I changed the whois to mine as soon as I received it, however could he of got it in the split second I had it?

I have found out who this is and I need -RJ- to act on this immediately if possible. I will also contact Enom and authorities.

The user "Smullen" from namepros who sold me the domain has stolen it back. If you check the current whois and then do a simple search under smullen's threads he created, you will find he owns the domain PURZELVIDEO.COM.

If you check that domains whois, it will show a match for my tnq.com domain:
SAGHT
Network Administrator ([email protected])
+61.0734115039
Fax: +61.0734115039
30 Loch St
West End, QLD 4101
AU

Now, why he would steal it after I bought it? Who knows!!! But he is going down and he's going down hard.

Thanks everybody for the immediate help and support and this goes to show what a great community Namepros is.

I'm going to take action right away, is it wise to phone smullen up and say what the hell ?

•••
Well to be honest, give him a ring, tell him you want the dn back or you will be turning the heat up.

if he doesnt respond . .kick some. . .

•••
hmm before I read this I sent him an email with an offer pretending I'm end-user and that my company's initials match the domain... waiting to see if he'll respond and provide me w/telephone/etc..

will keep you posted ;)

•••
http://www.ic3.gov add this to your collection if you are going to be filing anything

•••
I'm sure -RJ- can help, but I doubt he can be held "responsible" if this doesn't work out.. so basically the guy initiated transfer and within 6-7 days emailed his registrar and claimed back ownership ....

unreal..

•••
maroulis said:
I'm sure -RJ- can help, but I doubt he can be held "responsible" if this doesn't work out.. so basically the guy initiated transfer and within 6-7 days emailed his registrar and claimed back ownership ....

unreal..
That explains why Premium didn't receive a push notice.

•••
The domain is still with eNom. I am interested in knowing if the standard push process was used, or if they used the registrar transfer procedure. The expiration date didn't change, so I'm assuming it was the standard eNom ownership push process.

Does eNom have a security bug somewhere?

•••
Odd; acording to the sale thread you didn't send the full amout ($2 short). It's only $2, but both westblock and tekz999 bidded atleast that amount.

Perhaps this has something to do with it?

•••
the fish bites.... hahaha I've asked him for his phone # to negotiate over phone rather than email...

minute I get it you'll hear back from me :)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Jan 8, 2006 4:56 PM
Subject: Re: TNQ.com offer to buy
To: DNS Administrator <[email protected]>

do you have a phone number I can reach you and negotiation via voice rather than email?

thanks
SM

On 1/8/06, DNS Administrator < [email protected]> wrote:

Hi,

I'm interested. Can you stretch your budget to $12k?

Sean

Sent: Monday, 9 January 2006 8:14 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: TNQ.com offer to buy

Hi I;m interested in buying from you TNQ.com.. My company's name has the same initials and as such would like to buy this and establish as our corporate presence. I can offer you $8,000 US dollars, let me know if this is of interest.

rgds,
SM

•••
•••
is it time for ban or "miserable users" vb hack? :))

•••
If smullen refunds the money, he shouldnt get banned. Afteral PREMIUM didnt pay teh full amount. But it was only $2 im sure they can sort that out

•••
-RJ- said:
I guess that clarifies who has the domain.

Was this whole thing all over $2?
http://www.namepros.com/showpost.php?p=990989&postcount=32

I never saw this, I thought I sent the right amount, what the hell!!! If he wanted the $2 he should of sent me a PM about it and I would of sent it.. I never knew I sent the wrong amount missing by $2..

After I sent the money, he pushed the domain, and everything was fine, he never told me I sent the wrong amount.. OMG this is retarded..

And westblock, you caused this by opening your trap.. I want my domain back, I'll send you the bloody $2 but there is no way in hell your going to get away with this!!

•••
Sean Mullen is trying to resell a domain he already sold here on NamePros after hijacking it back from the purchaser? Yes, that doesn't bode well for remaining a member in good standing. If Sean was shorted by $2 and felt scammed, this was not the right way to handle the situation.

I'm most concerned about Premium either getting his domain or money back first.

•••
Premium - my advice is to contact first thing in the morning Enom and have a "folder of evidence" ready to be faxed. that should include the auction emails, the paypal receipt, and messages from this thread. If you fwd me your email address via PM i'd be happy to fwd you his email response asking me to go $12K for the domain... If nothing comes out of it (and I know it's not what you want but you can do charge-back on PayPal transaction)

-RJ- not much you can do, I think Sean has shown what kind of character he is and should be ultimately banned...

rgds,
SM

•••
Where is he trying to ressell the domain?

•••
hmmm myself - [email protected] check the email response I got back from him!!! hahaha in fact he JUST SENT ME HIS PHONE NUMBER...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Jan 8, 2006 5:16 PM
Subject: RE: [Norton AntiSpam] Re: TNQ.com offer to buy
To: "E. Maroulis" <[email protected]>

Yes.

My phone is ... REMOVED

Sent: Monday, 9 January 2006 8:57 AM
To: DNS Administrator
Subject: [Norton AntiSpam] Re: TNQ.com offer to buy

do you have a phone number I can reach you and negotiation via voice rather than email?

thanks
SM

On 1/8/06, DNS Administrator < [email protected]> wrote:

Hi,

I'm interested. Can you stretch your budget to $12k?

Sean

Sent: Monday, 9 January 2006 8:14 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: TNQ.com offer to buy

Hi I;m interested in buying from you TNQ.com.. My company's name has the same initials and as such would like to buy this and establish as our corporate presence. I can offer you $8,000 US dollars, let me know if this is of interest.

rgds,
SM

Last edited:
•••
hmm give him a ring, and say you jusst came accross the auction? and CONFRONT about it.

•••
Wild story. Best of luck Premium, I can't see how he can get away with this. You'll be getting your money back or the domain when this is sorted out.(hopefully the domain, if he actually should own it .. unless he stole it already from another!)

•••
I don't think publishing his phone number here is going to help anything.

I just sent him an e-mail notifying him of this thread, perhaps he'll shed some light on what happened to Premium's domain.

•••
Well, as with any domain transfer, if you do not change the admin contact email and the domain remains unlocked, all a previous owner has to do is instigate a transfer and he will receive the "approve email".. So, approve it and transfer back.

Not sure this has happened in this case, but im sorry to see such a valuable name go sideways like this..

Can i ask, how did you pay for the name? As this will probably be another route for recompense.... Please dont say "paypal".. D-:

•••
I'm giving him a phone call to hopefully sort this. Could you PM me it?

-Jarrod

•••
•••
well,
This whole thing is ridiculous. The domain was auctioned off and thats it. Apparantly in the old sales thread, people got pissed of about the auction ran and even gave hints to get the domain back.

Very sick people,

Gamehouse

•••
When I bought this domain I got a steal, if he was mad of what price he sold it for this is no way to handle it! If I screwed up and sent $2 short, then he should of pmed or emailed me that and I would of sent him the $2..

This is not the way you handle things, you think by stealing it back that you'd get more money for it, I won it fair a square pal and I will fight until I get that domain back.

I can't believe you did such a thing and you should be punished, you can't just go and steal a domain back because your mad about the price it sold for.

And all those NP members who encouraged him, thanks for your kind words!!!

Smullen, contact me immediately, I know your online!

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back