Dynadot

Stolen Domain!!! Need Help!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello Everyone,

As all of you know I recently bought ***.com from the user "smullen" at namepros.

I just checked my account today and the domain isn't in my account anymore. I don't know how the hell this can happen but I need major help on recovering it!!!

The new whois is:
Administrative Contact:
SAGHT
Network Administrator ([email protected])
+61.0734115039
Fax: +61.0734115039
30 Loch St
West End, QLD 4101
AU

The domain is at ENOM, how do I go about recovering my domain I bought!!
Do they have a number, what will I need to provide? I received no email that the domain was pushed to another user...

Please help me people, I need to get to the bottom of this and get my domain back...

-Jarrod

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good luck with getting this worked out.

:)

•••
If this is the case, do as Maroulis said, put together a "package" of all of this... the auction, the positive feedback, the Paypal receipts, everything and contact the credit card provider. Believe me, they have an entire legal department that takes care of things like this.

The legal department is not really for internet fraud, all they do is back charge possible internet fraud cases, they don't really investigate them, even if they do the credit card company can't do anything but to recover his funds which is already refunded days ago before this thread was even opened! Don't expect the credit card company to take legal action on this, unless this was a $100,000 deal and they were sure smullen was wrong and premium was fully cheated which isn't the case here!

•••
-RJ- said:
If you see nothing ethically wrong with completing a transaction "successfully", then stealing back the property, you have some seriously warped sense of ethics. That is NOT how to do business. A simple email requesting the additional $2 would have most likely resolved the situation, but instead it looks like it was used as an excuse for the seller to change his mind after the fact. Very concerning, to say the least.

Ditto!

•••
originalclips said:
Don't expect the credit card company to take legal action on this, unless this was a $100,000 deal and they were sure smullen was wrong and premium was fully cheated which isn't the case here!
Well, without arguing, he was cheated. I'm pretty sure they would be able to prove Smullen was wrong, because once a transaction has taken place, that's the end of the story. It's as good as Smullen saying, "Done Deal". But, you may be right as far as the credit card providers willingness to pursue this any farther since Premiuim has already received his money back. But it's worth a shot nevertheless. That is, if Premium even used a credit card. He may not have.

•••
I'm pretty sure they would be able to prove Smullen was wrong, because once a transaction has taken place, that's the end of the story. It's as good as Smullen saying, "Done Deal".

I agree 100% !!
And dont forget he did push the domain so it was a done deal. imo!

•••
L@@k Smullen

All im going to say is that IF HE PAID WITH A CREDIT CARD... YOU COULD BE IN FOR A FELONY.... BOTTOM LINE GIVE IT BACK YOU ARE LOOKING BAD DUDE... YOU MAKING OUR SITE LOOK BAD :'( But Not Only your Rep is going to be Tarnished But YOU could get teh Economic Death Penalty...This could cost you Alot More than 2 dollars in court A whole lot more and you will still Loose the Name

Last edited:
•••
Honor the auction terms. Premium, pay him $1702 again. Smullen, sell the name to him for that.

I have a PM in my box from Smullen where he offered to sell TNQ.com for ~$2100 to me about two weeks ago and I never got back with him since I offered him a little less.

•••
If smullen made a thread after the sale about premium not paying the full amount (which he already posted on the same sales thread which was closed!) the majority of opinions would be backing him now instead of premium, we should acknowledge both were wrong, you can't say premium was right all along and smullen was the villain here! and i think it's wrong encouraging premium to complain to his credit card company, he should be informed they will do nothing for him and these complaints do go into your record and possibly your credit record, if you are seen to back charge alot you will be a liability to the credit card company.

I hope premium learned his lesson, to maintain his excitement on his next big bargain and check how much he pays the seller! You may have degraded smullen's reputation but you sure didn't increase your own reputation by making this thread. As soon as you found that you were refunded this whole case of i was robbed etc. should have been stopped, taking it further is just childish. Smullen is unlikely to change his opinion because of this thread, it would only make him more angry and decrease your chances of ever dreaming of getting your hands back on the domain you so admired! Perhaps you can appologize to Smullen for making the first mistake and work it out from there!

•••
Horrible situation all the way around. :td:
My only .02 is to keep the name-calling and expletives to a minimum (Or not at all, puh-lease B-) )
-Allan :gl:

•••
originalclips said:
If smullen made a thread after the sale about premium not paying the full amount (which he already posted on the same sales thread which was closed!) the majority of opinions would be backing him now instead of premium, we should acknowledge both were wrong, you can't say premium was right all along and smullen was the villain here! and i think it's wrong encouraging premium to complain to his credit card company, he should be informed they will do nothing for him and these complaints do go into your record and possibly your credit record, if you are seen to back charge alot you will be a liability to the credit card company.

I hope premium learned his lesson, to maintain his excitement on his next big bargain and check how much he pays the seller! You may have degraded smullen's reputation but you sure didn't increase your own reputation by making this thread. As soon as you found that you were refunded this whole case of i was robbed etc. should have been stopped, taking it further is just childish. Smullen is unlikely to change his opinion because of this thread, it would only make him more angry and decrease your chances of ever dreaming of getting your hands back on the domain you so admired! Perhaps you can appologize to Smullen for making the first mistake and work it out from there!

First of all if smullen had created a thread about Premium shorting him $2, I'm sure Premium would have just acknowledged his mistake, and sent the $2. You don't pay $1700, and then all of a sudden go cheap on someone for $2. Also, I completely disagree with you that Premium has damaged his own reputation with this thread. You saw smullen's reaction to Premium's questions...he just was immature and called Premium names. If Premium had dealt with this in a private manner, it would have been all name calling, and nothing would have gotten done. This way, in a public medium there is a chance of something getting done, or at very least if Premium is unable to get the domain back, that is rightfully his, smullen can have a ruined reputation, and be banned.

•••
My 2 cents:

1)
What smullen did was wrong, and deserves nothing, no apology from anyone.

2) Smullen used Premium's being $2 short as an excuse to sell the domain again at a higher price. Any other Namepros member would have said "hey, did you realize you were $2 short, please send." Some Namepros members woudl have said "$2, big deal, forget it."

3) I, as Premium, would have done the same. I would have made sure the domain was transferred to me. The last thing I would be doing is going to PayPal to see if I had gotten a refund. Why would I do that? I just bought a domain, not returned one.

4) This kind of behavior is nothing more than being chicken, well, I'll use the word poop! We don't need people like that in Namepros.

If Smullen can prove everybody wrong, well, at that time, we will owe him a big apology. Of course, this is all my own honest opinion from what I see, and feel.

Frank

•••
Looks Like he had sellers remorse, and then searched for any reason he could find to weasel out of the deal. He's not going to sell it to you, they never do! You will find another deal soon enough.

It's hard to stay calm when someone does you wrong, but you have no idea how much you've learned from this one bad transaction. I would be happy that I got my money back after a deal like this, there have been times I didn't.

Hey Smullen, you shouldn't feel sorry for what you did, you should feel ashamed.

•••
smullen said:
A little #$#%@ creating this thread and calling me a theif wasn't part of that deal.

At the end of the day you have renegged on a deal, in years to come that is what people will remember. At least if you go ahead now you can salvage your reputation.

•••
Lousy situation, but an Interesting thread.

Premium, FWIW I had a similar problem a few months ago. Bought a 2 char org domain on eBay, and the seller refused to complete the sale. The seller set no reserve and it went for a fraction of what it was worth, so he flat out bailed on the deal. My email exchanges with him were quite unpleasant and unproductive.

I think your options are about the same as mine were. It sucks, but don't let it waste your time.

There's always another deal coming up. Hope your next one works out right.

•••
Smullen just called me a clown for giving him a bad trade rating.

•••
Well I'm back from my friends birthday party, thanks to everyone who supports me and has tried to help get my domain back.

I think it is up to Enom and other authorities now, Smullen is obviously being very stubborn and it doesn't look like he'll be giving up the domain soon. So I am taking this very seriously, and I'm going to do whatever it takes. For all of you who say tough luck, think again.

And Yes Frank is right, It's December 26th when I did this deal, it was boxing day, I was visiting with friends/family. On new years I was doing the same, these last few weeks I was very busy and didn't have much time.

I don't check my paypal often, I just use it for buying things, I mean how the hell would I know that somebody would refund a purchase I just made that big? And I definately didn't expect my domain to be stolen!

I expect some kind of punishment should be in order for Smullen?

•••
this is very impossible to happen, is this hacked event? usually registrars will only listen to the person listed as the admin contact of the domain or the support contact, do you hold one of those? do you have proof that it was transferred to you as you as the admin, billing or technical contact?

•••
•••
fax or email to enom as attachment as proof then call them after your email is done.

•••
originalclips said:

Man you are so far off base with all your comments, its incredible...

If you think this reverse has anything to do with there being $2 short on the price then you are deeply mistaken my friend.. Its simply a convenient excuse..

And if you also dont see how there is nothing morally and ethically wrong in Smullens actions, then I find that amazing also...

"Offer, acceptance and consideration" are all you need for legally binding contract to exist between parties - not "offer, acceptance, consideration, second thoughts, refund, repossess".

All this thread serves to do is strengthen the case for a NP Escrow service.. (I have suggested this to RJ previously) then at least we would keep these kind of problems in house rather than with a third body..

•••
originalclips said:

WHAT!
Are you kidding me, this must be a friend? Great if you believe this then I guess i have two people to watch out for.

Good Luck P,
Joker!D-:

•••
I know how bad i would feel if i bought my first premium domain for a lot of money and someone would steal it. Smullo, give back the domain and thats it. You should have realised earlier that you will lose a few hundread $ before, thats your mistake, but you sold the domain.

•••
wow , i hope Premium hangs in there , if this happened to me when i bought my first great domain i might had given up on learning about domains... what makes this a great place is all the nice people you meet here and the easy transactions that are had at namepros,,,,, we mostly all no the ropes on how to tranfer and pay for domains....
Its pretty scary to think that it could happen, already have the name in the account
agreed on transaction then puff disappears from the account, if we all put ourselves in Premiums shoes we might better understand

•••
ZestNetwork said:
Smullen just called me a clown for giving him a bad trade rating.

That's because you are a clown for doing that, if RJ saw fit he would have deleted it, you didn't trade with him which gives you no right to give him a trade feedback! Tbh he should have left you a negative one too fir giving him a negative feedback. Stop being so childish.

Badger said:
Man you are so far off base with all your comments, its incredible...

If you think this reverse has anything to do with there being $2 short on the price then you are deeply mistaken my friend.. Its simply a convenient excuse..

And if you also dont see how there is nothing morally and ethically wrong in Smullens actions, then I find that amazing also...

"Offer, acceptance and consideration" are all you need for legally binding contract to exist between parties - not "offer, acceptance, consideration, second thoughts, refund, repossess".

All this thread serves to do is strengthen the case for a NP Escrow service.. (I have suggested this to RJ previously) then at least we would keep these kind of problems in house rather than with a third body..

Badger, you don't know if it has anything to do with the $2 or not, you are only speculating as is everyone else in this forum which does include RJ too! the only one who really knows why he did it is the seller, maybe instead of everyone being so nasty to him you should all ask him politely!

perhaps you too should read the comments after premium paid him : http://www.namepros.com/showpost.php?p=991234&postcount=36 this is the comments on the actual sale thread.

Premium is no noob to the domain business, i seen him alot on DNF! he should have taken care properly, maybe he should check things far more carefully next time he trades, like pay the correct amount and check your paypal if you have refunds or not. Smullen did remind all that he was short changed, just look at this post before the thread was closed! he even looks very angry at being short changed too! [ http://www.namepros.com/showpost.php?p=990989&postcount=32 ] . I am not one sided here, i understand premium's case but everyone else seems to be against smullen forgetting the fact that premium is wrong too!

Joker Productions said:
WHAT!
Are you kidding me, this must be a friend? Great if you believe this then I guess i have two people to watch out for.

Good Luck P,
Joker!D-:

I am not his friend, but with your attitude i wouldn't ever dream of trading with you in the first place.

•••
originalclips said:
That's because you are a clown for doing that, if RJ saw fit he would have deleted it, you didn't trade with him which gives you no right to give him a trade feedback! Tbh he should have left you a negative one too fir giving him a negative feedback. Stop being so childish.

Badger, you don't know if it has anything to do with the $2 or not, you are only speculating as is everyone else in this forum which does include RJ too! the only one who really knows why he did it is the seller, maybe instead of everyone being so nasty to him you should all ask him politely!

perhaps you too should read the comments after premium paid him : http://www.namepros.com/showpost.php?p=991234&postcount=36 this is the comments on the actual sale thread.

Premium is no noob to the domain business, i seen him alot on DNF! he should have taken care properly, maybe he should check things far more carefully next time he trades, like pay the correct amount and check your paypal if you have refunds or not. Smullen did remind all that he was short changed, just look at this post before the thread was closed! he even looks very angry at being short changed too! [ http://www.namepros.com/showpost.php?p=990989&postcount=32 ] . I am not one sided here, i understand premium's case but everyone else seems to be against smullen forgetting the fact that premium is wrong too!

I am not his friend, but with your attitude i wouldn't ever dream of trading with you in the first place.

interesting leg work i see you joined like 5 days ago, your first post was on the 5th of Jan, but you seem to know alot about this transaction that happened in Dec/ with no trader rating and one of our newest member defending him like you are interesting ??

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back