Dynadot

Stay away from OnlineNic: Don't ever think using them

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

anf

Established Member
Impact
So, here is the short story: I bought capitalservice.com from NP member using DAN.
1.5 months later the domain was taken away from my OnlineNic account because of chargeback at snapnames: here is the full story:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/on...n-without-reason-please-advice.1202414/page-2

I got refund from DAN, but I would like to describe my experience with OnlineNic. Short version: this is bunch of mother...kers.

1) First they told (I have the chat transcript) "you have full right for the 100% management of the domain"
2) 1.5 months later they took domain away like "Please be informed that we reclaimed the domain capitalservice.com. You might contact the account owner who transfers the domain to you for information.
Should you have any problem, please feel free to contact us".
3) Terrible communication: I asked why they took the domain if I "have full right for the 100% management of the domain"? They replied "we have forwarded the domain to the relevant staff" to close the ticket, and I never heard from them back. Most of the communication is very similar: they reply just to close the ticket and you never hear from them back.
4) They did not bother to refund my 10 bucks that I spend when transferring domain to my account

5) They violated the ICANN registration agreement: they have no right to "reclaim" the name. That's why they took it from my account so I cannot manage it, by I'm still the registrant according to whois. Now they just sitting and waiting until this name expires to resell it.

So, my personal opinion: this is bunch of morons, stay away from OnlineNic.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back