IT.COM

OnlineNic took away domain without reason: Please advice

NameSilo
Watch

anf

Established Member
Impact
Here is the situation:
On june 22 I bought C/a/p/i/t/a/l/S/e/r/v/i/c/e/ com domain name from @linuxfreak
The transaction went through DAN.
Seller pushed domain to my onlinenic account.
The OnlineNic support confirmed that I a'm the owner, here is the chat support fragment:
Jack 5:42:54 PM
It is fine now and you have full right for the 100% management of the domain.
after that I released funds at DAN.

Just today I got a message from OnlineNic telling me that they removed domain from my account, they don't explain anything.
So, did anybody have similar experience? What to do in this situation?

P.S. @linuxfreak, may be you know something?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I honestly don't know what can i do. Have you contacted to customer service? Domains don't disappear without reason.

•••
I honestly don't know what can i do. Have you contacted to customer service? Domains don't disappear without reason.
Yes, i did.
They told that
Please be informed that the account owner 61***4 who transfers domain to you chargebacks the payment he made. Hence we reclaimed the domain capitalservice.com.

Did you do this?

•••
I bought the domain name from someone else, I did not pay directly to onlinenic. Obviously the original seller used stolen credit card to make payment for the domain or used his credit card but opened a dispute.

Last edited:
•••
Obviously the original seller used stolen credit card to make payment for the domain or used his credit card but opened a dispute.
What do you mean? Onlinenic does not have aftermarket, are we talking about renewals or what?

•••
Aren't you the owner of 61***4 account who pushed the name to my account?

•••
I bought the domain name from someone else, I did not pay directly to onlinenic. Obviously the original seller used stolen credit card to make payment for the domain or used his credit card but opened a dispute.

Somewhere else where? He has had the domain 5 weeks. If it was a person before you the chargeback would have happened when you had it.

•••
Somewhere else where? He has had the domain 5 weeks. If it was a person before you the chargeback would have happened when you had it.
Are you accusing me for something? Please do not make assumptions based on not reliable informations. Every bank has it's own chargeback regulations and times. It could be 5 weeks or 9 weeks. There is no certainty on this.

I bought the account (not domain but account) and sold to someone else. Of course i'm responsible of this domain loss because of my stupidity. I don't denied that.

•••
Here's the deal:

When buying domains, never accept a push and only pay when after you receive a transfer code and transfer the domain to a different registrar.

There are so many bad outcomes possible with a "push" that I never accept them and I've never had a problem in any transaction. Get a transfer code, no questions asked. You have far more protections available to you in case of a chargeback, missed payments, planned fraud, or account hijinks if you are at a different registrar.

If you accept a push, you are essentially taking the blame for any past, present, and future financial and ethical decisions of the current owner - and possibly past as well - if you stay with that same Registrar.

If I only buy domains available with a transfer code and immediately transfer it out to a different registrar, then...

SHG_HeManPower.gif

Last edited:
•••
I was not the original owner of the account but i bought it so i became the owner. I don't have any information about how the original seller has aquired the account.

•••
What was the original domain cost? Stupid question but can you ask onlinenic if they will let you pay for the domain to cover the registration cost if it's only like $15 or something ? Also ask them for the auth code for the domain

Last edited:
•••
Stupid question but can you ask onlinenic if they will let you pay for the domain to cover the registration cost if it's only like $15 or something ?
They have not provided any additional info so far, so I'm not sure what happened. But I doubt that anybody would chargeback $15, it's just ridiculous.

Also ask them for the auth code for the domain
Something like "hey guys, you just removed domain from my account, would you be so kind to give me the auth code so i could transfer away from you"?)) I seriously doubt that this would work.

•••
If it was a stolen credit card and the person bought the domain from one place then transferred it to onlinenic then pushed it to you, the only thing that will be due and payable as to onlinenic is the cost of the transfer which is $10-15. Onlinenic doesn't have an aftermarket system, they are just a registrar. That means someone paid normal reg fee to transfer it to them or hand regged it. Further, the registrar doesn't care, they will give you the auth code per icann guidelines. Getting them to unlock the domain tho might prove challenging but they might do that too.

Last edited:
•••
But I doubt that anybody would chargeback $15, it's just ridiculous.

I've had people trying to chargeback less than that. Seriously, these kind of people exist. I always keep records of my sales so I have never lost a chargeback/dispute.

•••
•••
There is also reference to opticaljungle.com in the SOA info, which brings up results for malware associated in a simple search.

•••
•••
I was not the original owner of the account but i bought it so i became the owner. I don't have any information about how the original seller has aquired the account.

You bought an account with domain names? That's interesting.

So which one of the recent 4 registrants of CapitalService.com are you? The one in Korea (in April,) Hong Kong (in May,) Switzerland (in May,) or Russia (in June.)

Last edited:
•••
Current IP info:

ISP
YHC Corporation
Usage Type Data Center/Web Hosting/Transit
Hostname(s) 209-99-64-25.fwd.datafoundry.com
Domain Name datafoundry.com
Country
blank.gif
United States of America
City Austin, Texas

•••
You bought an account with domain names? That's interesting.

So which one of the recent 4 registrants of CapitalService.com are you? The one in Korea (in April,) Hong Kong (in May,) Switzerland (in May,) or Russia (in June.)

Definitely something fishy here. Acquiring an account....looks like the person who sold the domain to the OP bought a hacked account knowingly. Why would someone sell their registrar account and risk their personal information? Totally illogical...

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••

You're basically saying that you knowingly purchased a compromised account. Did you not at even one point in that transaction consider the consequences?

•••
The seller should be stripped off his upgraded account and possibly be arrested.

•••
Are you accusing me for something? Please do not make assumptions based on not reliable informations.
This isn't a particularly helpful way to respond to someone who's just lost a domain they bought. Whether 'accused' or not, you should be helping to get to the bottom of it and remain professional.

I hope that you're both able to get this resolved together.

Peace.

Last edited:
•••
The seller should be stripped off his upgraded account and possibly be arrested.
I think we should not point fingers just yet, it's not clear what happened. But I should mention onlinenic's lack of communication, this is quite disturbing.

Last edited:
•••
Back