IT.COM

showcase Stablecoin Domains - Showcase and Discuss

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Woke Monkey

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
In the middle of all this carnage there’s one industry that’s booming right now.

Stablecoins

Under the radar, stablecoins have experienced hypergrowth over the past few years. Coinbase reports that the total stablecoin market capitalisation has risen to an all-time-high of over $9 billion.

Ethereum-based stablecoins market capitalisation nearly doubled year-to-date to $6.25 Billion.

On top of this, one of the most hyped stablecoin projects, Libra just announced a United States Dollar backed Stablecoin and seems to be moving forward with its updated whitepaper v2. If Libra succeeds, stablecoins backed by several fiat currencies will be released to circulation with potentially immediate mass global adoption.

Has anyone secured any domains in this niche?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
history has shown common men that we rarely win with the great powerful machine that was kings and cesars before.... and that is now presidents and governments.. with their mighty armies, police forces etc. its always amazing and great to think we are winning. power to the people. that we are no longer slaves to system.. that we have now some super currency which makes us less enslaved etc.. like btc or crypto or stablecoin... but history always shows that in the end, the common men never win. and they alwyas end up peasants, slaves, subjects... freedom is an illusion.. and perfect slave is he who thinks he's free.

im not sying its a good thing. or that you should accept it. im just saying you should historically remember your odds of winning are microscopic. its just how the world is arranged. when people get all excited there is crypto or some othr thing that seems like it was invented to give them more privacy or freedom, it turns out its just another experiment on us. ever wondered why nakamoto is a mystery? or why most btc aren't ever moving. it's all just govnt experiment. and more control through blockchain, world digital currency, etc.. down the road.. is the name of this game. you will see... when the powers that rule this world have trillions of trillions to play wiht.... the avg man with his credit card debt and mortgage has no chance for true freedom.

so lets just all be careful before getting excited about new "freedom" techs or things... else we will get heart attacks from disappointments later.

No need for disappointment. The market is booming and I’m being reserved.

If you compare the Stablecoin market which has a daily trading Volume of between $50-$100 Billion to the VR industry which was estimated to have a total market size worth $48.5 Billion By 2025 and look at the potential from a domaining perspective, Stablecoin/Stablecoins are relatively untouched which is unbelievable considering all the interest in VR Domains. The Stablecoin market already dwarfs VR without even trying.

I’m sure there are the naysayers out there who doubt the longevity of the term ‘Stablecoins’, but it’s well known that the highest powers in the land have recognised and extensively documented the terminology.

Hence why NameBuyer.com is brokering Stable (dot) Com for an asking price of $xx,xxx,xxx.

All I am saying is that Stablecoins as a Domaining term doesn’t have to prove anything. It’s already earned it’s place as I am sure we will see in the next few years.

•••
The circulation amount of TRC20 Stablecoin USDT issued by Tether to the TRON network has just exceeded 1.1 Billion

Tether’s market cap is now larger than fintech giant, Ripple

•••
Gold backed Stablecoins are a special part of the stable assets and their popularity is growing significantly.

Tether, the current USD pegged Stablecoin King offers an ERC-20 Gold-backed Stablecoin called XAUT, which has exploded in demand recently. (similarly Paxos PAX has also experienced high demand)

Last edited:
•••
My latest acquisition

StablecoinKing.com

•••
Just found a nice site

Stablecoins.live

•••
•••
•••
Other sites in use or in development:

StablecoinBuzz.com
Stablecoin.com
Stablecoin.digital
Stablecoin.foundation
Stablecoin.ltd
Stablecoin.services
Stablecoin.group
Stablecoin.tech
Stablecoin.org
Stablecoins.org
Stablecoin.io
StablecoinCorp.com
Stable.fund
Stable.foundation

•••
B749AB32-B1F8-482E-BAF9-D917EFC155FB.jpeg

$10 billion stablecoin boom as Bitcoin halving nears

A stablecoin boom could signal bullish Bitcoin sentiment in advance of its May halving, experts say.

https://decrypt.co/27536/10-billion-stablecoin-boom-as-bitcoin-halving-nears

•••
8F5E0978-2CDC-481D-B00C-84EE8B068CD7.jpeg

Latest news from the European Central Bank

A regulatory and financial stability perspective on global stablecoins

’Stablecoins provide an alternative to other, more volatile crypto-assets, but they can fall under very different regulatory regimes. Global stablecoins would need a robust regulatory framework as they could pose a risk to financial stability.’

https://www.ecb.europa.eu/pub/finan...html/ecb.mpbu202005_1~3e9ac10eb1.en.html#toc1

Last edited:
•••
•••
DBF9C800-70CC-4F37-B5FC-9A8E787D5D73.jpeg

European Central Bank Calls for Proactive Stablecoin Regulation

In a recent in-depth report on global stablecoins, the European Central Bank, or ECB, pushed for clear regulatory parameters for stablecoins, citing risks as well as gaps in current regulations.

"In order to reap the potential benefits of global stablecoins, a robust regulatory framework needs to be put in place in order to address these risks before such arrangements are allowed to operate," the ECB wrote in its May 5 report.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/european-central-bank-calls-for-proactive-stablecoin-regulation‬

•••

Last edited:
•••
1CA20C4B-D748-4483-8175-DA28E4E3EB8B.png

Why are stablecoins’ market shares increasing rapidly, despite a recession scare?

The main reason why stablecoins are seeing an increase in demand is due to zero interest rates. Investors usually have cash on hand for liquidity; however, most of the capital that can be invested is usually earned in interest, either in the bank or in government bonds, etc. However, with bank and Treasury bill interest rates hitting zero and negative, there wouldn’t be any advantage in holding capital in these investment vehicles.

With stablecoins growing at such a rapid rate, Bitcoin is bound to experience a shock in its value. Additionally, with trillions being minted by the Fed, the inflation effects on commodities and other assets will be an interesting development. For Bitcoin, however, this will bring about a new era of hyperbitcoinization, causing its price to soar to six digits.

https://eng.ambcrypto.com/why-are-s...increasing-rapidly-despite-a-recession-scare/

•••
Bernie Madoff Move Over: 'Stablecoins' Have You Beat
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...doff-move-over-stablecoins-have-you-beat/amp/
“a new [ponzi] scam is rising to the top, like bits of toilet paper in sewage: stablecoins.

The stablecoin con begins with a simple value proposition. “[Stablecoins’] main use case is to provide cryptocurrency users with the ability to convert volatile crypto positions into anti-fragile or ‘stable’ alternatives,” explains Sam Ouimet, market analyst at CoinDesk.

In other words, if Bitcoin or some other crypto is too volatile for your liking, move your crypto investment into a stablecoin. Its value will go up or down with the value of the underlying asset, but will be far more stable than the crypto you had invested in before.

Just one problem: as with any Ponzi scheme, the value of your investment is stable until the bottom falls out, and it becomes worthless. Your money, meanwhile, is in the pockets of the scammers.

I am reminded of the scene in The Wizard of Lies where Robert DeNiro as Bernie Madoff receives redemption requests he can’t handle, signaling the unraveling of his massive Ponzi scheme.

Today, Madoff no longer lives in luxury – but I’m sure he’d welcome company. It looks like stablecoins will sooner or later grant that wish.”
Forbes

@xynames

You’re right about Forbes being a trustworthy news source

Saying as you’re such a fan of Forbes here’s another article they just published.

Bitcoin Halving In 5 Days, U.S. National Debt To Hit $25 Trillion

‘Stablecoins and crypto-dollarization’

Not long ago, the Financial Stability Board (FSB) published a report with recommendations for “Global Stablecoin” (GSC) oversight. As a result, the wider crypto community has interpreted this to mean that there could be a potential upcoming ban on stablecoins due to the complexities of fiat-collateralized and crypto-collateralized stablecoins.

Stablecoins are vital to the crypto ecosystem, especially for unbanked countries and crypto traders. Unbanked countries are using stablecoins to combat local inflation; whereas, crypto traders are using stablecoins for liquidity, to buy cryptocurrencies like bitcoin during dips.

Fredrik Johansson, the founder Libonomy says, “Stablecoins are like a transitional stage between cryptocurrency and fiat. They are still on the blockchain, they are easy to use, and they are pretty anonymous. At the same time, the stablecoins price is stable, and they are more reliable for short-term capital storage.”

Johansson adds, “The government is afraid that soon more and more people and companies will start using stablecoins or other cryptocurrencies, which means they will get out of control. But I think that this process still cannot be stopped. The crypto community is growing every year, and prohibitions cannot solve this problem.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lukefitzpatrick/2020/05/06/bitcoin-halving-in-5-days-us-national-debt-to-hit-25-trillion

•••
•••
Well, @Woke Monkey USDC sounds better than tether! Seems like a layer 2 solution for the dollar, similar to Paypal. To send it, you're going to need some gas, which I assume is marginal. If it does get big though, like Libra may theoretically, the governments will require gate keepers. I'm not researching this now, so I don't know who "owns" the money backing USDC (Circle?), but in the past 100 years has shown us that the US government and the Federal Reserve don't like people moving in on their business / systems of control, and they want to be able to control capital flows (e.g. antimoney laundering, anti-terrorism, anti-trafficking laws). Anything "backed" by dollars in bank is only operating by the good-graces of the authorities. If many people started using it, they would come down hard. I certainly don't want Facebook controlling global finance. For algorithmic stable coins, they would go after the exchanges. For decentralized exchanges, there's no cash out option. I guess it goes back to Bitcoin as digital gold. Registered Unstoppablebitcoin dotcom!

Maybe stable coins / digital government currencies are a slight evolution over the current outdated banking system. I'm in China, and yeah, it's better here in terms of convenience. I don't need to carry money or use cards anymore. I can live a year here and buy 99% of everything I want with my phone - it's called Alipay and WeChat. The only thing I can't buy with my phone is a trip on those duck boats that they have in the parks. But the Chinese system is horrible in that it's a closed system. It mostly only works in China (you can buy some some things in Japan) because, as I said, governments consolidate power and they track everything I do (that they can or want to).

By the way, glad to see that most people stopped buying into tether as per your previous chart. It does make sense that bitcoin will rise when these people holding tether decide it isn't safe anymore. Tether numbers are inflated in my opinion. They never seemed to go down, last I was looking. At least USDC says they have lowered their marketcap with cashouts. Tether is like a money gobbling machine of a ponzi.

Why do you think this is a good domain investment area? Don't you think there will probably be just a few big players who accept government regulation and gain global acceptance (like Wechat vs Alipay)? What's the point in having a startup business like an ICO when no one will take your coin? How many start up companies can there be that make algorithmic stablecoins? Maybe one could hand reg some great brandables or have some news site, but I'd expect sales in the $XXX. How many stable coin domains do you have?

Last edited:
•••
I have Federal/Crypto (dot com)

•••
Well, @Woke Monkey USDC sounds better than tether! Seems like a layer 2 solution for the dollar, similar to Paypal. To send it, you're going to need some gas, which I assume is marginal. If it does get big though, like Libra may theoretically, the governments will require gate keepers. I'm not researching this now, so I don't know who "owns" the money backing USDC (Circle?), but in the past 100 years has shown us that the US government and the Federal Reserve don't like people moving in on their business / systems of control, and they want to be able to control capital flows (e.g. antimoney laundering, anti-terrorism, anti-trafficking laws). Anything "backed" by dollars in bank is only operating by the good-graces of the authorities. If many people started using it, they would come down hard. I certainly don't want Facebook controlling global finance. For algorithmic stable coins, they would go after the exchanges. For decentralized exchanges, there's no cash out option. I guess it goes back to Bitcoin as digital gold. Registered Unstoppablebitcoin dotcom!

Maybe stable coins / digital government currencies are a slight evolution over the current outdated banking system. I'm in China, and yeah, it's better here in terms of convenience. I don't need to carry money or use cards anymore. I can live a year here and buy 99% of everything I want with my phone - it's called Alipay and WeChat. The only thing I can't buy with my phone is a trip on those duck boats that they have in the parks. But the Chinese system is horrible in that it's a closed system. It mostly only works in China (you can buy some some things in Japan) because, as I said, governments consolidate power and they track everything I do (that they can or want to).

By the way, glad to see that most people stopped buying into tether as per your previous chart. It does make sense that bitcoin will rise when these people holding tether decide it isn't safe anymore. Tether numbers are inflated in my opinion. They never seemed to go down, last I was looking. At least USDC says they have lowered their marketcap with cashouts. Tether is like a money gobbling machine of a ponzi.

Why do you think this is a good domain investment area? Don't you think there will probably be just a few big players who accept government regulation and gain global acceptance (like Wechat vs Alipay)? What's the point in having a startup business like an ICO when no one will take your coin? How many start up companies can there be that make algorithmic stablecoins? Maybe one could hand reg some great brandables or have some news site, but I'd expect sales in the $XXX. How many stable coin domains do you have?

I hold 2 Stablecoin domains. One I bought for fun, the other is private as it’s not for sale.

I don’t really get the Domain Industry. Clear market categories in .com I understand. I should know I have paid handsome prices for the few domains I hold and they are worth every cent. Domains are an incredible versatile multigenerational investment.

I’ve just heard that PBOC might cut rates in May. If you thought the Stablecoin volume was exploding before then you’re in for a shock.

•••
I hold 2 Stablecoin domains. One I bought for fun, the other is private as it’s not for sale.

I don’t really get the Domain Industry. Clear market categories in .com I understand. I should know I have paid handsome prices for the few domains I hold and they are worth every cent. Domains are an incredible versatile multigenerational investment.

I’ve just heard that PBOC might cut rates in May. If you thought the Stablecoin volume was exploding before then you’re in for a shock.

Interesting that you don't get the domain industry and that you are not a domainer. What was your motive in starting this thread and posting here daily promoting stablecoin as a keyword everyday? You are very persistent and I really don't get your motive...

Your account is fresh... You signed up here just to do this??

Last edited:
•••
Interesting that you don't get the domain industry and that you are not a domainer. What was your motive in starting this thread and posting here daily promoting stablecoin as a keyword everyday? You are very persistent and I really don't get your motive...

Your account is fresh... You signed up here just to do this??

I’m feeling out a potential investment. That’s all you need to know.

•••
@Woke Monkey Fair enough. It’s good to state these things since people are questioning your motives. Maybe you won’t get so much grief.

•••
•••
@Woke Monkey Fair enough. It’s good to state these things since people are questioning your motives. Maybe you won’t get so much grief.

It’s understandable why they feel threatened. The territorial posturing doesn’t bother me one bit.

In fact I welcome it, it tells me a lot.

•••
It’s understandable why they feel threatened. The territorial posturing doesn’t bother me one bit.

In fact I welcome it, it tells me a lot.

What do you think about the domain Stablecoin // Global dot com?

P.S. You're good. Nothing's territorial about members being curious about why you made this thread with a fresh account if you wasn't showcasing your own domains, state that youre not interested in selling and state that you "don't get" domaining almost as if you don't have an interest in it. This is an investment forum where people expected to share helpful tips and information that is helpful for domaining.... I think you should understand questions will be asked that have nothing to do with being territorial...but you welcoming questions, so not a problem right? 😉

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back