IT.COM

Squadhelp Not Enforcing Its Own Policy?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
It looks like squadhelp doesn't enforce the rule that you have to own an already registered domain to submit it to the marketplace.

I've confirmed I've had domains I'm selling on ebay be submitted to squadhelp while I owned them. I can confirm even a namepros member is doing this.

I let squadhelp know but it looks like they did nothing and the names are still up in their marketplace.

Looks like you can submit domains that are registered by someone else, then buy them once approved - without consequences from squadhelp.

How extensive is this problem? Does anyone else care?
@GrantP

Attachments

• squadhelprules.jpg
    squadhelprules.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As long as the domain is not published, I don't see a problem

Otherwise it would complicate the submitions

My opinion

Last edited:
•••
•••
Haven't gotten any responses except a generic response - "it's against policy, action is determined based on number of previous violations". The issue I brought to their attention is over 6 months old. The domains in question are published and still for sale.

So reviewing squadhelp - I have sold a domain there and won a contest and got paid. But my experience is that the rule that already registered domains must be owned by submitter is not strict. You at minimum can break this rule twice and the domains will remain for sale.

My suggestion is that if it can be shown that a seller did not own a registered domain upon submission, had it approved, and published it - all such domains should be removed from the marketplace. No exceptions.

Sellers who do follow this rule are at a disadvantage to those who do not.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back