Dynadot

SquadHelp, Is this a good reason to reject a listing request?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Fadi H

BrandNameSolutions.comTop Member
Impact
Hello everyone,

So I've recently got a domain name that was previously sold at Squadhelp.

I tried to list the domain at the same marketplace but Squadhelp didn't allow me to do so, They said that they do not accept to list previously sold domains because they think it's not a good business practice.

While the domain is owned by me, They said that in order to list the domain they require a listing request from the buyers that purchased it first time from their marketplace. In other words, They need a request from someone that doesn't own the domain in question, Just because they purchased it previously from the marketplace they will have their word on it for life. Do you think this is reasonable? Because I don't.

How about listing the domain name that I own for sale and do business as normal, Isn't this a better business practice for me and Squadhelp, As a brand marketplace?

Your opinions matter.

@GrantP

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Keen to know what @GrantP will say on this.

•••
Nonsense !
What about if the first buyer already passed away ! Do Squadhelp will ask about death certificate !!?

Last edited:
•••
General public is negatively biased towards "selling domains" as it is, and selling a domain they previously sold might give them some bad publicity since some people are very likely to start a s-storm when they see you selling "their" domain, so I totally understand why they don't allow it. Its one thing when you're an anonymous private seller or a dedicated domain selling platform, but its very different for someone like Squadhelp who is not just about domain selling.

•••
Very interesting approach by SquadHelp.

•••
Its dumb to reject it. Domains change hands all the time, people die, businesses go under, projects change names, plans fail etc etc.

Most domains have had at least a few owners. I know people who routinely watch their sold names for a drop and catch them. Just take it over to BB or elsewhere.

•••
when they see you selling "their" domain

It's not "their" domain. They owned it for a cause and let it go for another. The fact that they purchased it previously is no good, It's out of their hands now and they have zero impact on what should I do with it.

•••
It makes no sense unless there is something behind "Not a good business practice". @GrantP Could you please explain more!

•••
I've followed up with SH and still didn't get any more details about this matter unfortunately.

They confirmed that only the original buyer who bought the domain from them will be able to relist it. If they're no longer the owners the domain will not be relisted. I asked for the real reason behind this but no more details were provided.

I think it's time for SH to revisit this, Is the community satisfied with such a policy?

@GrantP I hope to hear something.

•••
As SH says, It is their business practice.

I am sure they have multiple reasons behind it.

I dont think they will like to share all of them.

I dont think there is anything right or wrong in this.

Move on..

•••
Move on..

I dont think there is anything right or wrong in this.

If it doesn't matter to you, It does to me.

I posted this thread to discuss this matter so If they are wrong they could probably revisit this, And If I'm wrong I will correct myself.

•••
Back