Domain Empire

Squadhelp scam (Upsurging.com - A stolen domain)!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Alright, so let me explain the story behind. I found out about Squadhelp a long time ago, but only couple months back I've started using it. The concept seemed fine, I loved the "always there" support", but this got me mad.

Since I'm a bit "poor" at the moment and still trying to earn a quick buck, I thought I was going to submit some "unregistered" domain ideas to Squadhelp. This does seem right. You don't spend a cent on it & can cash out a bit. Sounds like a win-win situation for both Squadhelp & me. Guess again. To Squadhelp it didn't see this way.

The domain name I've offered to Squadhelp was Upsurging.com - a domain name that was available for registration for more than a week.

I've submitted the Upsurging.com to Squadhelp.com's "Unregistered domains" and got accepted. Now, after one day after agreeing to the terms (by the way, the domain was still available at the time of acception), I see the following:

• Not Approved
  • Reason: Domain Not Available - Looks like this domain is no longer available for registration
Well, I thought maybe there's some bug while the domain is undertaking a process of being listed at Squadhelp, but NOOOPE! I've decided to message the Squadhelp support team and that's what I've got from them:

Hi. I submitted an unregistered domain name to your marketplace (Upsurging.com) & it was accepted. I have agreed to commissions & I can't see it anywhere except "Rejected" page with the following: "Reason: Domain Not Available - Looks like this domain is no longer available for registration". I was wondering if this is still you setting up the listing, or have the name been taken by someone else?

<bot>

Vincent: Hi <myname>, 👋 My apologies from the delay in responding. That domain must one of the few where the system triggered an incorrect notification email. My apologies for the confusion there.

Do you mean it wasn't accepted by Squadhelp?

Yes, <myname>. It's also showing here in the admin that the domain Upsurging.com is rejected.

Ok, this is going to Namepros.com. This is horrible & disgusting.

Vincent: I'm sorry to hear your feedback. If you think that the domain should be listed in our marketplace, I encourage you to appeal by clicking on the Request Review option just below the domain.

I understand that your company has registered the name. The name was available for registration for more than a week. No one registered it. Once I've submitted it, it was accepted at first and then it became registered. Also, the selling price is now 1500 USD, which almost fits the price that was offered to me. Also, the registrar is NameSilo.com, which you use for domain registrations. I am really going to share these news with the community. This is horrible business practice.

Now tell me, what are the chances that "someone else have registered the name in 1 day after Squadhelp decided to accept it", placed the same valuation of 1500 USD (by the way it's now gone, but it was there on Dynadot listed at 1500 USD, while Squadhelp offered me something like $1699 for it and 25% commissions to me. It also has been registered with NameSilo, which is also used by Squadhelp to register the names that they accept for "unregistered domain" listings.

This is horrible, pathetic & a bad business practice at it's worst!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You are not the first one reporting this
A quick search on the forum and you will find ;)
I think SH is a great marketplace, but not for unregistered domains, you never know what is going to happen with these. Actually, It could be an employee checking for the names grabbing names he likes after his day job

•••
Lol this domain i submitted to BB.
Thanks i will react my $1

•••
This happens bro...Veganley(.)com was available... tried to submit it to unregistered Domain said already submitted...I registered...then submitted...got approved... now live...who submitted earlier as unregistered might be thinking like you 😁

•••
You need to register a name before you submit. Why people trust is beyond me. I think the $5.99 is worth you getting a real commission and not crumbs.

•••
Not sure stolen is the term you should be using. If it never belonged to you, it certainly wasn't stolen.

•••
I am in the exact same situation right now with TWO names - both accepted upon second review, getting ready to go live, then moved to rejected but were registered with namesilo and pointing to Sh on the SAME DAY this was happening. No actual explanation from support. No response from @GrantP despite repeated requests for assistance.

What ended up happening with your situation?

Alright, so let me explain the story behind. I found out about Squadhelp a long time ago, but only couple months back I've started using it. The concept seemed fine, I loved the "always there" support", but this got me mad.

Since I'm a bit "poor" at the moment and still trying to earn a quick buck, I thought I was going to submit some "unregistered" domain ideas to Squadhelp. This does seem right. You don't spend a cent on it & can cash out a bit. Sounds like a win-win situation for both Squadhelp & me. Guess again. To Squadhelp it didn't see this way.

The domain name I've offered to Squadhelp was Upsurging.com - a domain name that was available for registration for more than a week.

I've submitted the Upsurging.com to Squadhelp.com's "Unregistered domains" and got accepted. Now, after one day after agreeing to the terms (by the way, the domain was still available at the time of acception), I see the following:

• Not Approved
  • Reason: Domain Not Available - Looks like this domain is no longer available for registration
Well, I thought maybe there's some bug while the domain is undertaking a process of being listed at Squadhelp, but NOOOPE! I've decided to message the Squadhelp support team and that's what I've got from them:

Hi. I submitted an unregistered domain name to your marketplace (Upsurging.com) & it was accepted. I have agreed to commissions & I can't see it anywhere except "Rejected" page with the following: "Reason: Domain Not Available - Looks like this domain is no longer available for registration". I was wondering if this is still you setting up the listing, or have the name been taken by someone else?

<bot>

Vincent: Hi <myname>, 👋 My apologies from the delay in responding. That domain must one of the few where the system triggered an incorrect notification email. My apologies for the confusion there.

Yes, <myname>. It's also showing here in the admin that the domain Upsurging.com is rejected.

Vincent: I'm sorry to hear your feedback. If you think that the domain should be listed in our marketplace, I encourage you to appeal by clicking on the Request Review option just below the domain.

I understand that your company has registered the name. The name was available for registration for more than a week. No one registered it. Once I've submitted it, it was accepted at first and then it became registered. Also, the selling price is now 1500 USD, which almost fits the price that was offered to me. Also, the registrar is NameSilo.com, which you use for domain registrations. I am really going to share these news with the community. This is horrible business practice.

Now tell me, what are the chances that "someone else have registered the name in 1 day after Squadhelp decided to accept it", placed the same valuation of 1500 USD (by the way it's now gone, but it was there on Dynadot listed at 1500 USD, while Squadhelp offered me something like $1699 for it and 25% commissions to me. It also has been registered with NameSilo, which is also used by Squadhelp to register the names that they accept for "unregistered domain" listings.

•••
The reason I searched and find this forum was facing the same problem..

A domain showing available and unregistered by external whois service and also SH platform itself and minutes later SH platform claiming otherwise!!!

Let's face it! it can't be a system bug or a rare happening when a few say the registrar is what SH uses and pointing to their name servers as well..
That is way more than stealing! It's a mass fraud in the day light!

Thanks to other experiences shared here. This made me think twice about co-operating with them..

•••
Not sure stolen is the term you should be using. If it never belonged to you, it certainly wasn't stolen.
I have to agree with this.

"What are the chances?" I hear this too often, when the events are not rare or unexpected, in fact predictable and easily avoided.

Last edited:
•••

• Not Approved

<bot>

Quite ridiculous not to register such a good name.

Chances of it being registered... even while you were in the act of registering it. HUGE!!! If I had seen it I would have registered it within a few minutes.

Last edited:
•••
I don't understand how people submit unregistered domains to SH and not expect this?

•••
you see the replies?

Please remove “scam” from thread title

i’d never risk submit unreg names, SH still best

@GrantP

Samer

Last edited:
•••
the reason i say remove “scam”

Some people have had success wit suggested;
My first domain sale on SH and first big sale.
Though was a suggested name.
Domain: E/X/E/N/I/T/Y/.COM
Venue: Squadhelp
Price: $2399
Commission: $599
Date: August
I was very happy to have made that sale as a newbie in the biz.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
upsurging i like the name, would register the name first and then think what to do with it.

•••
You only need to type it in anywhere and not register it. A front runner will spot it or next one looking at what is searched and left behind then auto appraised and registered. If you know something has value take the punt. I still might not sell and sit around for years you didn't lose you didn't spend and they haven't sold it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back