IT.COM

.tv Sports.tv Acquired by ES.tv!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Sports.tv has changed hands. It was acquired by Byron Allen of ES.tv. Not sure of the price, but Sports.tv was a $54,000 upfront reprice.

Best,
A

On a side note, Weddings.tv was pulled out of redemption and sold to ES.tv as well!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for sharing - possibly a six-figure .TV sale even if it is NDA

•••
Very nice find. Would you think a major network like ESPN might be interested in Acquiring this domain? Hmm.

•••
I look forward to the same development expertise that they put into pets.tv, cars.tv, recipe.tv.....

Seriously.

Not.

•••
The domain was listed in Brian Berke's newsletter for $850,000 in June 2012, and then for $650,000 in November.

•••
Their video on demand monthly subscriptions appear to be running $1.99 monthly.

•••
Cars.TV won an Emmy. Pets.TV, Recipe.TV, Comedy.TV -and several others are Emmy nominated channels.

TV has little to do with webpage "development expertise". Successful TV channels / sites focus on programming.

I look forward to the same development expertise that they put into pets.tv, cars.tv, recipe.tv.....

Seriously. Not.

Also, ES.TV "is the largest independently-operated syndication producer/distributor for broadcast television".

I find the Network's recent hub pivots, from ES.TV to SmartTV.com, and from a Free to a Subscription model very interesting.

•••

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back