IT.COM

discuss Simultaneous offers at Sedo and Afternic

NameSilo
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
What does it mean.

I think it means this: Buyer goes to Godaddy, and make the lowest bid, it appears as price request on Afternic, and Afternic makes that bid or a fraction of it at Sedo. (or vice versa)

I mean, why should buyer bid at two different places. Buyers are naive. Only domainers know both Sedo and Afternic.
And domain won't sell for good price, because the flipper wants to reduce risk of nonpayment.

How to beat such possibilities: Land at Epik or Dan to be able to check IP?

Can invoices protect against flipping?
Flipping means, low price or not selling for seller. high price or not buying for buyer. Unless buyer is smart and buys directly from seller.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Buyer or buyers making offers at different marketplaces for same domain, I don't see how this is a problem.

You can accept the offer or counter/decline. To me, it doesn't matter where the offer is coming from as long as I get paid when we agree on a price.

I do not believe any of the companies you mentioned are doing what you described. Why would they waste their time, nothing to gain. They have brokers, who get paid for buying/selling quality domains.

How much is the offer? What is your expectation?

•••
Just talking about general phenomena.. why low offers and from diffent channels, and how to win in this case.

•••
Just talking about general phenomena.. why low offers and from diffent channels, and how to win in this case.

simple, accept the one you like.

•••
20 usd offers, both from the same flipper, and actual buyer is invisible.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back