Dynadot

advice Domain sold at both Afternic and Sedo.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

medomain

Established Member
Impact
What do I do in this case? A domain is sold on auction at Sedo and BIN at Afternic. The afternic sale is two times more than sedo. Any suggestion what to do now?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you signed up for Afternic fast transfer with GD and the purchase was BIN they will auto remove the domain from your account.

You need to try and find out who the buyer was - it maybe the same person.

•••
The sedo auction did not start by itself. You either entered it into auction, pushed it to auction etc. That means you made a decision to auction it. Any listings elsewhere should have been removed at that point as the domain was sold with the first bid (assuming it did not have a reserve).

Afternic will understand if you say you forgot to remove the listing and the domain sold already at sedo. And they will cancel the sale.

It would be the right thing to do. And then remember to remove BIN listings in the future.

•••
You need to try and find out who the buyer was - it maybe the same person.
How do i find out who the buyer is? I could only see on sedo that the buyer is from USA but nothing on Afternic.

•••
How do i find out who the buyer is? I could only see on sedo that the buyer is from USA but nothing on Afternic.

That's a good question. Especially without letting them know what's going on. Someone here must have an idea?

•••

You don't.

That's the entire purpose of privacy, and if you dig too deep online you might be digging your own grave.

Since you cannot sell a domain twice, just make a call on which sale to complete, and contact the other service with a "sorry, but the domain is already sold and I forgot to remove it".

Done.

Done.

Done.

•••
If Fast Transfer is active on Afternic, won't that automatically take over and there is no choice? Perhaps Fast Transfer was not active though.

Yes, this thread is a reminder to us all to never list BIN two places simultaneously, or have an Auction + BIN two places.

I hope it works out for you without too much stress!

•••
Where are all the guys who say names don't sell on 2 or more platforms at once :xf.laugh:

•••
thats why you should delete your sedo account.
At sedo if a game is sold you have a legal agreement with buyer.
If you do not give the name, buyer can take legal actions against seller as the cases someone buys a domain and does not pay and seller can take legal actions (Even if i think none does - just reminding sedo TOS)

•••
If Fast Transfer is active on Afternic, won't that automatically take over and there is no choice? Perhaps Fast Transfer was not active though.

Fast Transfer was not active on Afternic. Only BIN. The domain is not parked at Afternic

•••
My suggestion is to only have a buy it now in one place if at all.
I did this recently only to have a name sell at Dynadot market place and Sedo, the dynadot sale was instantly transferred before I could even notify Sedo of the situation , Sedo threatened to make me to pay the sales fee regardless. I pointed out they allow multiple listings for domains and they backed off but still awkward to deal with.

•••
This is why you only use BIN at one place. As a buyer I always have to worry about these scenarios.
LOL ..... the problem is choosing the best sales platform! Perhaps redirect the name to the one you choose.

•••
I hate being in this situation. Sedo is always out for blood. If you dont sell there they will close your account if you dont pay thier commision and thats it.

On the other side afternic is easier to dealt with they will let you slide. But if your opt in to the dls and the domain transfers before you sell at sedo your kinda of screwed

•••
Pay penalty commission to Sedo and sell the domain to Afternic. Make sure the penalty commission you pay for Sedo is less than the extra amount you are getting by selling to Afternic.

•••
Don't put yourself in this position, leave one marketplace BIN and the other make offer. Did you think you could have your cake and eat it too? How dare you.

•••
Integrity matters. that's it.

•••
You started Sedo auction
You had to delete it at Afternic

I got 4 inquiry on a domain
I updated it all marketplaces
I forgot Afternic ( lowest price ) but I sold

You have to be honest and give it to the Sedo buyer 👍

•••
What do I do in this case? A domain is sold on auction at Sedo and BIN at Afternic. The afternic sale is two times more than sedo. Any suggestion what to do now?
How do you feel if you would be the Sedo buyer ❓
What happen if you start a auction here at NP and than sold bin at Afternic ❓

•••
•••
Talk to Afternic agent immediately.. They would understand and there is small fine for this if it's same rules with Godaddy, first time pay $40-50 to stop processing on Afternic, then complete the process on Sedo.

Last edited:
•••
Accidents happen but if you do this on purpose you deserve to be banned from the platforms.

•••
I had a similar problem back in the Chinese CHIP days. I had 4L CHIP.com. 1 buyer really wanted it an clicked BIN on Sedo, Afternic and Go Dady premium. Of course GD won because of instant transfer. Through my self at the mercy of Afternic and Sedo. They both canceled with no money. I could never understand why they would pay for the same name 3 times. Only thought I had was there were just buying any CHIP they saw and didn't know they were buying same names.

•••
At sedo if a game is sold you have a legal agreement with buyer.
If you do not give the name, buyer can take legal actions against seller as the cases someone buys a domain and does not pay and seller can take legal actions (Even if i think none does - just reminding sedo TOS)

You forget that the other buyer has the exact same legal rights :)

•••
Doesn't afternic use fast transfer and automatically transfer the name to buyer and pay you?
You may not have a choice...

•••
Doesn't afternic use fast transfer and automatically transfer the name to buyer and pay you?

Not all names are in Fast Track. Depends on if the registrar is on the program and if the seller opted into fast track.

•••
If you take the cash on Afternic , I hope Sedo will ban you ❗

You have a contract with Sedo

@Sedo

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back