Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just wondering what the general thoughts are about whether the recent trend to legalize marijuana will boost the prices of pot-related domains?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
vfwlu0.jpg

•••
Just r-e-g--D some 420s

MARYJANES .CLUB (.dot com reg since 1997, plural .club since 2014) kinda surprised

and

THE MARYJANE .CLUB ( themaryjaneclub.com is a full service site, however not weed/hemp related ).

•••
Kind of wish politics wasn't involved in business..long story short.
Am a affiliate for a Hemp/CBD site, making good money (using my domains as a redirects) anyway received this email today...
Just the relevant stuff
"In our pursuit of retaining Canadian legal counsel, we have come to realize that the laws in Canada are extremely unclear to the degree that all of the attorneys we have spoken with thus far, could not entirely answer the legality of CBD in their country. Due to the confusion surrounding these laws, and in order to protect both the company and our associates whom we greatly value, we feel the need to very temporarily suspend the delivery and selling of only our CBD products in Canada. We have also been advised by our US attorneys, to suspend the selling and delivery of our CBD products to both Kansas and Nebraska. "

Worst part is I have my "links" all over the place!

•••
Couple new adds -

MaryJaneSecrets,com
MaryJanesSecrets,com
CupOfGanja,com
CannaKpods,com

•••
THCOil.com.au got a facelift

New reg's with landers
  • DriedFlower.com.au
  • DriedBud.com
Cheers
Corey

•••
•••
I had a geographic "CBD" sale that took ~6 months to complete from 1st contact to funds received. Just for $400. One of these days, I'll write about it. It's a lesson for anyone looking to buy a domain to go to the domain first. Had this buyer done this, he would have gotten the domain cheaper and I would have been paid immediately.

•••
Cannabis company Canopy Growth Corporation to set up Asia-Pacific HQ in Victoria

The world's biggest medicinal cannabis company, Canopy Growth Corporation, will set up its southern hemisphere headquarters in Victoria, in a move that will create more than 200 jobs.

The company will spend $16 million establishing a hub for cultivation and production in Australia, with a long-term view of exporting the product overseas.

Source: ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Cheers
Corey

•••
I have 420faq.com, can be a site for beginner growers/users :)

•••
•••
I'm pretty happy to have stoners dot co, I see a ton of potential with it, especially since .co names have been going nuts lately.

•••
Registered & Sales Lander for
  • PureExtractor.com.au

Cheers
Corey

•••
Added to Potdomains:

TheHemper.com
CannaParlour.com
CannabisParlour.com

•••
•••
•••
HempBev is out the door at $2575 via potdomains.com

•••
•••
•••
"Ontario passes Cannabis Act, will take effect July 1, 2018"
https://www.thestar.com/news/queens...annabis-act-will-take-effect-july-1-2018.html

Glad all the "political red tape done with...less confusion for end users
!!!!

The red tape is not quite over yet. June 7th is the 3rd reading for bill C-45 in the senate. It should pass but the conservatives are saying they want better roadside THC tests, that it should be available at 25 years old not 18/19 and that citizens shouldn't be able to grow 4 plants. Now they have also stirred the pot getting native bands to give the Liberals a hard time wanting a portion of the tax dollars and for marijuana laws to not apply on native lands. The Conservative party was decimated last election after having a majority the previous 8 years so they are doing everything they can to be difficult with the remaining rag tag group they have in the house of commons.

The other hurdle is the UN as Canada signed the drug treaty which included cannabis but the treaty was to be in the public's best interest and now legalization is seen to be in the public's best interest. Uruguay told the UN to pound sand when they complained about their recreational legalization. Uruguay signed the drug act as well.

If everything passes June 7th then we'll have a set date. This is good and bad as there will be very strict branding and marketing guidelines once it legalizes, this is from pressure from alcohol lobby groups as they don't want the competition as they know alcohol sales have plummeted in Colorado since legalization. White labeling and very strict marketing regulations will be in effect as of legalization. Currently companies are doing their darnedest to market their brands before the marketing grey area ends.

Government agencies will be the main online distributors of recreational cannabis and licensed producers will stream line online sales through pharmacies and their own online shops. Edibles will take longer to be legalized.

What will be interesting to watch is how the provinces who are managing dispensaries as publicly run stores do. I think it will be a gong show. Alberta, Manitoba and Newfoundland are the only purely private retail provinces with the provincial governments controlling distribution. BC has both publicly owned stores and private.

The main take from all this is there will be less demand for dispensary domains in Canada than the US and way less "privately owned " online stores and delivery services.

Worst case scenario is the bill doesn't pass June 7th and gets delayed another year.

Fun stuff! :)

•••
•••
CannabisShoot.com
MarijuanaShoot.com
HempShoot.com

Taking offers for above said 3 domains..

•••
•••
•••
I have a lot in this category but a few I really like are SmoothWeed()com, BudChamp()com and YellowSkunk()com.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back