Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just wondering what the general thoughts are about whether the recent trend to legalize marijuana will boost the prices of pot-related domains?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have quite a few pot/marijuanna domain names registered. However, I'm a complete novice when it comes to selling them. Can anyone suggest a good place for me to sell names like these shown below?

Whackybaccy.com

whackybaccy.net

Potlegal.info

MarijuannaSupermart.com

Those and a few others. Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.

•••
SkunkStrain in king is a recent reg

•••
Big battle for hemper.com. Auction been going for hours and over $34,000 now.

•••
Big battle for hemper.com. Auction been going for hours and over $34,000 now.

420domains is a known investor. Not sure who the other person is. The value is coming from the .co. It almost certainly bleeds decent traffic. My guess would be one is bidding on behalf of the company and the other for the traffic.

What do you think?

•••
A new bidder just jumped in. 3 bidders have bid over $35,000 on hemper.com

•••
420domains is a known investor. Not sure who the other person is. The value is coming from the .co. It almost certainly bleeds decent traffic. My guess would be one is bidding on behalf of the company and the other for the traffic.

What do you think?
It’s not the .co who is bidding. I just had 2 phone conversations with them. Whoever wins the domain will face losing it since the .co filed for a TM long ago. Bad faith is written all over this purchase.

•••
Closing price reported on Namebio - not mine

hemper.com 36,150 USD 2018-05-10 DropCatch

•••
a hand reg....but got some ideas....

SoMarijuana.com

•••
Whoever wins the domain will face losing it since the .co filed for a TM long ago.

Who has the TM? Looks like a clothing supply TM, not pharma products.

Word Mark HEMPER
Goods and Services
IC 025. US 022 039. G & S: Clothing comprised of hemp fibers or material, namely, shirts, T-shirts, polo shirts, blouses, tops, sweaters, cardigans, jackets, hooded sweatshirts, pullovers, coats, jumpers, parkas, bodysuits, dresses, skirts, sarongs, pants, jeans, shorts, board shorts, surfwear, skiwear, swimwear, jerseys, yoga pants, tracksuits, tracksuit tops, tracksuit trousers, sweat bands, beachwear, underwear, underclothing, lingerie, sleepwear, pajamas, belts, wristbands, headbands, bandanas, gloves, mittens, scarves, shawls, neckties, socks, fleecewear, namely, fleece bottoms, fleece tops, fleece shorts, fleece pullovers, fleece vests, fleece jackets, sweaters, shirts; activewear, namely, shirts, golf shirts, tops, bottoms, shorts, pants, slacks, hats, jackets; exercise wear, namely, shorts, tank tops, shirts, socks, training suits, sweat suits, sweat pants, sweat shirts; joggers, namely, jogging pants, jogging suits, jogging outfits, sweatpants, sweatsuits, sweatshirts; headgear, namely, hats, caps, beanies, visors, berets; footwear, namely, shoes, footwear for sports, sneakers, boots, sandals, thongs, slippers, ski boots, beach shoes
Standard Characters Claimed
Mark Drawing Code
(4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Serial Number 86882029
Filing Date January 21, 2016
Current Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Published for Opposition December 5, 2017
Owner (APPLICANT) Hemper Co., LLC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY NEW YORK 1140 Motor Parkway Suite A Hauppauge NEW YORK 11788

Last edited:
•••
•••
Who has the TM? Looks like a clothing supply TM, not pharma products.
It doesn’t matter what the Tm is for. They can argue that the owner knew about their brand and bought the domain in bad faith.

The problem I see is that it’s not first use in commerce, although they are actively using it...

•••
It doesn’t matter what the Tm is for. They can argue that the owner knew about their brand and bought the domain in bad faith.

The problem I see is that it’s not first use in commerce, although they are actively using it...
I couldn’t edit my post in time so I’ll add a few things -

Hemper has over 100k social media followers. Google search has them all over the first page. They have product reviews by 3rd party sites as well.

There is no way that this domain ended up at $36k with bidders acting in good faith. If the winner pays they will face legal action. If dropcatch holds it, they’ll face legal action. Good luck to the new owner in either case!

•••
Hemper.com can be used for all classes of goods other than the two covered by the existing trademark. So the buyer just needs to put up a site about hemp pharmeceuticals, CBD etc and they can hold the domain forever.

True they can't just list the domain for sale but possibly the buyer is in fact an end-user in one of those many classes of goods that the domain can be legitimately used for.

•••
Something i think is interesting is, if a company was first in commerce but the products they sell are technically illegal "federally or at a state / provincial level". Does that first in commerce apply? I have domains I reg'd for my use once legalization occurs, while other companies have started early on alternate extensions and some were shut down due to illegal activities. Illegal dispensaries come to mind.

Could someone be subject to a UDRP if someone comes after their domain even thought that company were operating illegally initially. Personally I think one could argue that they have waited patiently for legalization while the other party had not.

Regarding CBD it is still 100% illegal to distribute unless licensed by a governing body.

Regarding Hemper wow, crazy price, seems ostrobogulous...

Last edited:
•••
One that I hold, that didn't know was cannabis related until recently was 420840.com

•••
i see few people on linkedin with last name hemper.
Quick search on facebook shows hemper has 5 results
Maybe happyhemper.store upgraded

•••
Are you guys doing well selling the .net and .org marijuana themed names? I picked up some hand regs in both:

Net:
CannabisCooking
GreenGoddess
HashOils
(I sold HashOil in org for 750 a while back and someone else sold HashOils in com for just over 4k in 2015 so figured this was a no brainer to reg)

Org:
MedicalPot

•••
CannaSeeding.com
CannaGermination.com

•••
I own a few "marijuana" domains that I hand reged based on the purely speculative assumption that the Fed will eventually legalize it. That said, I'm having regrets at this moment about having done those and here is why.

I listen to news talk radio quite a bit. Yesterday they had a discussion about how Oregon is flooded with marijuana right now. There were a lot of people who invested their life savings into grow operations once it became legal. That flooded the market with product and now Oregon literally has enough marijuana to last them the next 3 years. The price per gram is so low that people can't even give the stuff away.

Companies like Phillip Morris and R.J. Reynolds likely have all they need should marijuana become legal at the federal level.

I don't think there will be as big of an expansion of the pot market as people think. If it does become legal it will likely go the route of Tobacco. There might be a "hot" period in which a bunch of people rush the market with the hopes of making a fortune off of it. But I think it will cool off fairly quickly.

•••
•••
Here is a list of what I own.

kushoasis.com
fresnokush.com
weedoasis.net
cakush.net
doctorkush.org
drkush.net
hashhouse.org
kushdr.net

I also purchased turkush.com the reason is because Turkish blends/brands of tobacco are popular. I thought it might be a possible brand for kush Turkish+kush= Turkush

•••
anybody else got any .app names in the mj niche ?

6dc40437b667df05b0176b0b9f830229.png

•••
MJdelivery.app
CannaDelivery.app

•••
I was in auction last night for Dispensary dot app but I didn't get it (day 5 EAP registration)

•••
Update....Glad some of the "political red tape" done with...

I think it's only a matter of time before it becomes legal in the US. I don't smoke, it's not just my thing. But it is a $53 Billion black market industry. That will likely see a small bump when it first becomes legalized, then the market will fall out as it goes back to normal levels.

My view based on what I've read about Oregon and other states that have legalized it. There will be a flood of people trying to make money in the pot industry, the majority will fail. Some will survive and make money.

I personally want to unload my pot domains and buy domains in bigger industries.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back