Domain Empire

show your Big data related domain names

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Big data = Big bucks
The term big data is now here to stay as with the cloud, it seems repackaging can work wonders!
Unlike other buzzwords like “agile”and “SOA” in the software industry, Big data has already proven to be a keeper!
It is not going to go anytime soon it is a multi billion dollar industry, Big data is officialy the hottest thing since sliced bread.
What Big data Domain names do you own?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I bid up to $27 on BigDataDirect (com) on Godaddy Auctions but everytime I would bid a proxy bid would outbid me.

Probably one of the members here ;)

True still a lot out there.

big data boss [dot] com was free - check this out
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...ack=.gmp_4393806.gde_4393806_member_174877044

---------- Post added at 07:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 AM ----------

To me bigdata does not seem likely to get so widely used by the public as the word cloud or the word tube. Its two words and data is not so attractive. BD seems more likely - a lot of bd name are taking already, it's also used for business development and other uses.

Geo BD names? I don't see the attraction - won't most people want solutions from big players to analyse all their data?

btw bigdatatubes.com is still free.

•••
So, does this mean that people aren't going to make much money with big data?

•••
BigDataAAH.com

Aah, the perfect brandable for the "AAH!..." realizations big data produces.

AAH acronyms, like All About Health, work as well. And it just sounds so good Big Data AAH!!

•••
BigDataAAH.com

Aah, the perfect brandable for the "AAH!..." realizations big data produces.

AAH acronyms, like All About Health, work as well. And it just sounds so good Big Data AAH!!
I guess you aren't planning to sell this but to use for personal purpose.

•••
True still a lot out there.

big data boss [dot] com was free - check this out
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...ack=.gmp_4393806.gde_4393806_member_174877044

---------- Post added at 07:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 AM ----------

To me bigdata does not seem likely to get so widely used by the public as the word cloud or the word tube. Its two words and data is not so attractive. BD seems more likely - a lot of bd name are taking already, it's also used for business development and other uses.

Geo BD names? I don't see the attraction - won't most people want solutions from big players to analyse all their data?

btw bigdatatubes.com is still free.

Saw that one the other day but didnt see much potential and passed it up.

•••
•••
BioinformaticDatabases.com
DNADataAnalysis.com
DNASequenceData.com
DNASequenceDatabase.com
DNASequencingData.com
GenomeDataAnalysis.com
GenomeSequenceDatabase.com
GenomicDataMining.com
IndiaDatabases.com
NGSDatabase.com
NGSDatabases.com
SequenceDatabase.com
SequenceDatabases.com
SequenceDataMining.com

•••
Dot Coms
BigDataAsiaPacific Good searches
BigDataCommunication May be relevent
BigDataCommunications Ditto

•••
deleted

Last edited:
•••
How can you read the line "AAH acronyms, like All About Health, work as well." Quote it back to me, then ask if the reg is for a "personal purpose"?

As a general rule, domain buys posted to a public internet forum are not "personal purpose" names that are not for sale.

Perhaps you should put more effort into processing data before posting.

I guess you aren't planning to sell this but to use for personal purpose.

BigDatAAH.com & BigDataAAH.com are for sale and/or (market) dev... as Big Data, by definition, is not "personal".

•••
Reg'd these .... all .coms

BIGDATACONCEPT
BIGDATAINSTALL
BIGDATAMANAGMENT
QUALITYBIGDATA

•••
How can you read the line "AAH acronyms, like All About Health, work as well." Quote it back to me, then ask if the reg is for a "personal purpose"?

As a general rule, domain buys posted to a public internet forum are not "personal purpose" names that are not for sale.

Perhaps you should put more effort into processing data before posting.

BigDatAAH.com & BigDataAAH.com are for sale and/or (market) dev... as Big Data, by definition, is not "personal".

I am sorry if I came across as being too forward with my comment. I am still a newbie at this but I still think that when one is in possession of a name to sell, it would be much easier if the end user could decipher what your name say without you having to explain it to them in the first place. They should be able to see what it means, if not entirely but to certain degree.

Sure you have given it a meaning but will the end user understand that without you having to explain it?

Last edited:
•••
bigdata internet

bigdata serv

•••
Saying there is an AAH! factor to Big Data results was a statement, not an explanation.

AAH is a dictionary word that generally needs no explanation. As some don't get it, here's the definition: "AAH : to exclaim in amazement, joy, or surprise <oohing and aahing at the fireworks" [big data]>.

Likewise, Big DatAAH, is basic wordplay, and a pretty good 'big data benefits' brand, that most people will get.

As is often the case, some people become the self-appointed arbiters of what's a good reg, or bad reg, in threads like this... because they laid claim to unverified success, or have determined their posted reg to be superior... this power trips them the "right" to bless this one, condemn another, and get all paternalistic in the process; (keep trying son, you can do it, just a bit more research...wah, wah wah...).

Your free to post your sarcastic opinion. And I'm free to tell you to shove it.

I am sorry if I came across as being too forward with my comment. I still a newbie at this but I still think when one is in possession of a name to sell, it would be much easier if the end user could decipher what your name say without you having to explain it to them in the first place. They should be able to see what it means, if not entirely but to certain degree.

Sure you have given it a meaning but will the end user understand that without you having to explain it?

•••
Okay boss... well I target only technology for big data and that's why I have BigDataLogs.com and IsecureBigdata.com. I guess we are on different pages in the same book.

Good luck!

•••
•••
Reg'd these .... all .coms

BIGDATACONCEPT
BIGDATAINSTALL
BIGDATAMANAGMENT
QUALITYBIGDATA

IMHO, The third would be the hands down winner of the thread if not for the spelling. The correct spell was alas reg'd back in '09.

•••
I still a newbie at this but I still think when one is in possession of a name to sell, it would be much easier if the end user could decipher what your name say without you having to explain it to them in the first place. They should be able to see what it means, if not entirely but to certain degree.

Maybe you are a newbie, but your comment shows that you learned more than some domainers which are much longer in this biz than you. Totally agree. keep it up!

•••
•••
•••
•••
Did you buy it or sell it? -regged since 2007.

he bought it!

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

Apart from the big players in the IT industry, who will be buying our domain names?

•••
Thats exactly what I am thinking. I think there will be many sub players in the industry in charge of companies "big data". They will specialize in managing, storing, analyzing it, etc.

Just my 2 cents.

•••
IMHO, The third would be the hands down winner of the thread if not for the spelling. The correct spell was alas reg'd back in '09.

this is what happens when you try to reg a few domains at 5 in the morning with a 6 week old baby. :zzz:

•••
If you "Totally agree" with the comment, made in context of my BigDatAAH reg, perhaps you, the "newbie", or the others that "liked" the comment, can be specific, and talk criteria, about why the reg needs to be explained.

To be fair, here is an outline of the criteria I used to reg the name.

Premise: BigData.com is the Category Killer.

-- BigDataah.com is an exact phonic match. This needs no explaining to ANY potential buyer.

A). The fewer characters added to a Catagory Killer name the better.
B). Adding a dictionary word, without adding syllables, or changing the phonics = Big Value Add.
C). A phonic match, 2 letter dictionary word, that also delivers name branding and marketing hooks = Huge Value Add.

Example: Our Big Data makes you go AAH! -- BigDatAAH.com

I have no problem learning from a "newbie" so please counter and back-up your comments, with the criteria used, critical of this reg.

Personally, I don't think you can.

Maybe you are a newbie, but your comment shows that you learned more than some domainers which are much longer in this biz than you. Totally agree. keep it up!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back