Dynadot

show your Big data related domain names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Big data = Big bucks
The term big data is now here to stay as with the cloud, it seems repackaging can work wonders!
Unlike other buzzwords like “agile”and “SOA” in the software industry, Big data has already proven to be a keeper!
It is not going to go anytime soon it is a multi billion dollar industry, Big data is officialy the hottest thing since sliced bread.
What Big data Domain names do you own?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Did you buy it or sell it? -regged since 2007.

I just bought the name

•••
.com

big data amsterdam
big data atlanta
big data dallas
big data dubai
big data exhibition
big data singapore
big data stocks
big data webcast
big data webinar

.org

big data forum
big data con

•••
deleted

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Thats exactly what I am thinking. I think there will be many sub players in the industry in charge of companies "big data". They will specialize in managing, storing, analyzing it, etc.

Just my 2 cents.

In order words these sub companies/ players will be setting up new websites, right?

•••
Just got these:

BigDataClient.com

BigDataController.com

BigDataInternational.com

•••
You seam to be in deep love with AAH!

I am afraid as soon as you try to contact endusers and send them your email, probably 90% will need a detailed explanation (just like the one you gave us :) ) before even understanding what you are offering them, let alone be interested to buy it.

We are not talking about short 5,6 letter brands here, but a pretty new technology and there are far better names (generic terms, etc.) still available.

Decisions about registering/buying names should be based on facts and past experience in order to maximise the chance of success. In Particular: You need to show me past sales of domains with the Suffix "AAH" to back up your prediction. Show me ONE sale with the suffix aah, that would be enough (except the LLL.com sale AAH.com of course).

Whereas i can show you success and past sales with many of the dictionary term suffixes and prefixes used in this thread with other words and technologies in the past.

Personal taste is just one factor when it comes to domain sales. But a realistic approach and the ability to slip in to potential endusers shoes is needed to maximise the chance of finding more than one or two potential buyers.

IMHO

If you "Totally agree" with the comment, made in context of my BigDatAAH reg, perhaps you, the "newbie", or the others that "liked" the comment, can be specific, and talk criteria, about why the reg needs to be explained.

To be fair, here is an outline of the criteria I used to reg the name.

Premise: BigData.com is the Category Killer.

-- BigDataah.com is an exact phonic match. This needs no explaining to ANY potential buyer.

A). The fewer characters added to a Catagory Killer name the better.
B). Adding a dictionary word, without adding syllables, or changing the phonics = Big Value Add.
C). A phonic match, 2 letter dictionary word, that also delivers name branding and marketing hooks = Huge Value Add.

Example: Our Big Data makes you go AAH! -- BigDatAAH.com

I have no problem learning from a "newbie" so please counter and back-up your comments, with the criteria used, critical of this reg.

Personally, I don't think you can.

•••
You seam to be in deep love with AAH!

I am afraid as soon as you try to contact endusers and send them your email, probably 90% will need a detailed explanation (just like the one you gave us :) ) before even understanding what you are offering them, let alone be interested to buy it.

We are not talking about short 5,6 letter brands here, but a pretty new technology and there are far better names (generic terms, etc.) still available.

Decisions about registering/buying names should be based on facts and past experience in order to maximise the chance of success. In Particular: You need to show me past sales of domains with the Suffix "AAH" to back up your prediction. Show me ONE sale with the suffix aah, that would be enough (except the LLL.com sale AAH.com of course).

Whereas i can show you success and past sales with many of the dictionary term suffixes and prefixes used in this thread with other words and technologies in the past.

Personal taste is just one factor when it comes to domain sales. But a realistic approach and the ability to slip in to potential endusers shoes is needed to maximise the chance of finding more than one or two potential buyers.

IMHO

Hmmm... sigh.

I think I have enough for technology but I should head over to fill the current gap ailing this new industry.

Like FX, I am currently thinking in a new dimension, not movie.

•••
•••
@GiftedDomains

Sorry, your Honest Opinion is not benchmark criteria.

My citing benchmark criteria is NOT an "explanation". It is statement of fact... that you are not disputing, though you are trying to cloud the issue. Meeting the criteria adds value. Your opinion is just that, Yours.

Your "far better generic terms" statement shows you Do Not grasp the value of a unique Brand name. Yes, BigDatAAH.com is NOT a generic. Got me there. BTW, BigDataah covers ALL niche generics.

Your AAH suffix analogy is really cutting it thin. First, one of the As goes with the word Data, so your really talking 'Ah', though I have both ah and aah.

Of course prefix and suffix names sell, the fact that this one is rare HELPS the Brand thing. If it was generic its value would decrease.

Its like the 'P' in Pinterest. Your not going to find a lot of 'P' prefix domain sales... and that's preciously why it makes a Killer brand name. Do you think "90% need the name explained"?

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Google Results for "what is big data" = 1,350,000,000 - WOW!

•••
from where i am i can only see 34,300,000 results for "what is big data" in quotes..

1,350,000,000 looks unreal - "sex" gets 3,100,000,000..

•••
from where i am i can only see 34,300,000 results for "what is big data" in quotes..

I was Just going off the link provided by carob, Im sure it is going up every day tho.

•••

The quote is from that IBM site about big data - they could be wrong.

Big Data is becoming a buzzword, particularly since it accurately predicted the outcome of the US elections. But it may not actually be usable by businesses in the short term - check out this article
http://www.zdnet.com/debate/big-data-how-close-to-enterprise-ready/10106300/
The point to me being, this may be another future domains field.

http://www.evolven.com/blog/illuminating-big-data-infographics.html = 6 cool infographics about big data

•••
I was Just going off the link provided by carob, Im sure it is going up every day tho.

the link had it wrong - it probably shows results for search without quotes which makes no sense

..maybe it's going up, but "big data" gets 21,900,000 results and generates 49,500 / 18,100 searches (glob/local).. and i dont see from GAKT that search volume been growing for the last 6 months..

lets take "data mining" for comparison as that was hot not so long ago - 29,000,000 results and 90,500 / 18,100 searches.. how many domains has the whole data mining industry digested?

•••
I just pick up these 3 all .com's,
BG3.png

:)

•••
I love this thread. Keep it coming!

•••
deleted

Last edited:
•••
Two more that I got:

BigDataInterchange.com

BigDataCloudSolutions.com

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

This is probably the last one for me (at least for a while :))

BigDataAnalytix.com

•••
What a rush for this name.

Its time for someone to report some sales here to keep the spirit :)

I also reged com versions of

bigdataproblems
bigdatarussia
bigdatadocuments
biginteractiondata
importantbigdata

and one that I am sure that I wont sell but I liked the sounding (i know its unprofessional:))

bigdatadecisionmaking :)

•••
I guess I have lost bigdataanalytix

•••
I guess I have lost bigdataanalytix

Are you referring to my domain in post #147

I feel bad if this was your domain at one time and that you have lost it because you didn't renew it. :-/

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back