Domain Empire

show your Big data related domain names

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Big data = Big bucks
The term big data is now here to stay as with the cloud, it seems repackaging can work wonders!
Unlike other buzzwords like “agile”and “SOA” in the software industry, Big data has already proven to be a keeper!
It is not going to go anytime soon it is a multi billion dollar industry, Big data is officialy the hottest thing since sliced bread.
What Big data Domain names do you own?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Currently there are some good "big data" .com names in Godaddy Auctions.
Still cheap, but around 7 days left though.

Some examples:

BigdataGuide.com
BigdataDirectory.com
ShareBigdata.com
BigdataPark.com
JustBigdata.com
SuperBigdata.com

and many more...

Just wanted to let you know if you are after such names.

•••

Some examples:

BigdataGuide.com
BigdataDirectory.com
ShareBigdata.com
BigdataPark.com
JustBigdata.com
SuperBigdata.com

and many more...

these two should get some bids.

JustBigdata.com
SuperBigdata.com

•••
Here are the names

Bigdata1.jpg

Bigdata2.jpg

•••
•••
Transfer A Domain

Is it possible to transfer a domain name? I will cost me 30.00 for three months with my present domain company.

•••
•••
Interesting seminar discussing Big Data today
http://www.zdnet.com/big-data-brainstorming-the-possibilities-7000007278/

"A little bit of the right information beforehand," Ranadivé warned, "is much more valuable than all the information six months after."

Big data can help find patterns where we as humans may not see them. "If you buy Champagne, razor blades, and diapers -- it's probably a stolen [credit] card," he said, because diapers can actually be resold. To us, they pass the purchase off as legitimate, because the buyer looks like a parent.

Someone registered maxbigdata.com today I see. And last month someone bagged bigdatap*rn.com. Yeah, mine's bigger than yours and it's scalable...

•••

Some examples:

BigdataGuide.com
BigdataDirectory.com
ShareBigdata.com
BigdataPark.com
JustBigdata.com
SuperBigdata.com

and many more...

I was watching them from the first hour, I guess the cats out of the bag now and the prices just went up :(

•••
I guess the owner will renew them anyway.

But I will bid for sure. I was watching them too :)

•••
According to Tom Davenport " Data Scientist, the Sexiest Job of the 21st Century "

•••
According to Tom Davenport " Data Scientist, the Sexiest Job of the 21st Century "

Well congrats to whoever it is that grabbed bigdater.com way back in 2005!

One site where I researched bigdata names kept coming up with adult suggetions for alternative name - bigc*ckdata and so on. Sexybigdata.com and bigsexdata.com are still free for any numbercrunchers that get off on that stuff.

It is amazing how many bigdata names have been registered in 2012 - look for some big drops in 2013.

What is interesting from a demand point of view is lots of people are already sitting on big data they collect, they just have not tried to use it yet.

•••
I was watching them from the first hour, I guess the cats out of the bag now and the prices just went up :(

I'm sorry about that.
Wasn't my intention to make it more expensive for you.

On the other hand, we are here to share useful info. Aren't we?

To share or not to share - Thats the question. :D

---------- Post added at 01:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 AM ----------

Well congrats to whoever it is that grabbed bigdater.com way back in 2005!

And even more congrats to the guy who bought
Bigdata.com for $3100 at Sedo in 2006 !! (and condolences to the seller who didn't keep that domain till now :D)

---------- Post added at 01:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 AM ----------

------------------------------------
p.s.

I found only one Bigdata domain in Pending Delete dropping the next 6 days. Savebigdata.com (will drop 16. Nov. if anyone is interested to snap). I filtered a list of thousands.

•••
Ok ! My last one....BigDataCentric.com goodluck to all !

•••
Reg'd

BigDataSquad.com

Cheers

•••
And now it is time for mine. I will be back

•••
You know all those dot info's you get for 18¢ when you register a dot com? They can quickly clutter up your hard drive. I'm not a big fan of this tld, so I'm divesting myself of some "Big Data" domains (31 of 'em). Keywords, brandables, slogans - actually many of them work well with the .info tld. I just put them on ebay as one auction lot of 31, item #330828035148, in case anyone is interested. There's even a buy-it-now price. :$: :$:

•••
bigdatasentiments.com
bigdatacms.com
bigdataanalyticsapp.com
bigdataevaluation.com

•••
•••
how about financial keywords would that work

forex, money shares, stock's or am I way off? as I can get nets and orgs with these keyword strings?

•••
•••
Can someone in a nutshell explain what the "BigData" is and it's purpose?

I just caught the tail end of something on CNN and only caught the part
about storing and collecting MY specific info and manipulating the web/life products and opportunities to cater to me.

Is this what it is about? like a web spy?

•••
how about financial keywords would that work

forex, money shares, stock's or am I way off? as I can get nets and orgs with these keyword strings?

Think technology!

•••
I can show you how it will be used in job sectors to give you an example:

Big data is a collection of data sets so large and complex that it becomes difficult to process using on-hand database management tools. The challenges include capture, curation, storage,[3] search, sharing, analysis,[4] and visualization.

Examples by sector:

General manufacturing

• Predictive maintenance scheduling. Leading manufacturers place sensors around their machines to build an understanding of their usual patterns of operation and then detect frequency changes which indicate that the machine will soon need maintenance. They can then book the machine in when convenient, rather than causing unplanned downtime (which is a big problem) or servicing the machine unnecessarily.

Car makers

• Fault logging and cost predictions. Car makers place hundreds of sensors on components around the car which constantly log data on performance and faults. All of this data can be used to reengineer designs for more efficient products and to predict what the strain of warranty repairs are likely to be on cost and man resource.

Retail and marketing

• Ad retargeting. Online retailers can ‘recapture’ lost sales by retargeting the customer on other websites. When a prospective customer views a particular product on a website but doesn’t go through and make the purchase, a redesigned advert for the product (or one similar) is displayed on other websites that the target goes on to view. This redesign will include techniques to hook the customer that differ from the initial ones that failed to secure the sale, such as different point-of-sale information, pictures or aesthetics.

Finance

• B2B supplier profiling. Finance professionals can use big data to check on the ‘health’ of their suppliers and business partners. They can monitor a variety of indicators including when creditors pay their bills and whether there is any change in the normal patterns, analysed against indicators such as share prices or particular market conditions for the industry sector. They can then use this information to identify which companies might be a credit risk.

• Fraud detection. Companies like Visa are using big data to create fraud detection models which can flag up potential fraudsters. If set patterns are identified (such as spending over $100 at a petrol station followed by taking $200 out of a cash machine after 2am) then the credit card company can immediately notify the customer involved and take the necessary action.

Insurance

• Premium costing. Like the banks, insurance companies use a glut of indicators in determining the cost of their policy premiums. This includes factors relating to the car (the age, performance, security, value etc), the person (age again, driving history, employment etc) and location (where the car is parked, where it is driven, crash rates in the area etc).

Sorry for the long post but hopefully that can give you an idea on what and how it could be used. This is just a few!

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

Ha after reading my post I registered another one! Go figure this is addicting.

Just registered:

BigDataExaminer.com

So now add that to the other two:

BigDataOrganizer.com
BigDataRetrieval.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back