NameSilo

Show off your customized parked pages

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Show off your customized parked pages!

Hi everyone,

I would love to see examples of what other people have come up in terms of customizing their parked pages. I think this is a good idea since it will inspire people to do better with their pages when they see what can be done with the limited customize options.

To kick it off, here are a few of my custom pages at Bodis:

http://MountainViewAreaCodes.com (Problem is, I think I am giving people what they want, the area codes, so there is no need for them to click anything!)

http://Bandylegged.com (Silly handdrawn logo using Paint and goofy pirate text using as many pirate buzz words as I can muster in a tiny space.)

http://PartituraDeAccordionGratis.com (My attempt at a Spanish site. My limited Spanish vocabulary forced me to double check it all using Babelfish. Wish the links could be in Spanish too. But yes, that LONG url does get visits!)

BTW, this thread does not have to be limited to Bodis. Feel free to show off some of Parked.com's new features too!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Shaggy said:
You are right. I make 100s time more than $10 a month and most of my names are set to the default page. It all has to do with names that get traffic.

How I wish I could do that, just use the default page. Still I do enjoy customizing, except that 24 hours a day is just not enough.

namenut, thanks for your kind words. I do enjoy playing around with colours.

Here are a few more examples:

www.TourismInMadeira.com - www.Best-GolfCourses.info - www.BestCruisesGuide.com - www.Allawyers.info - www.StressAnalize.com - www.vegas2riches.com

GIL

•••
enuffy said:
I don't understand why people put videos and long articles on their parked pages.. Wouldn't it be better if your visitors were so bored with your parked page that they click on the links?

it's mostly for the search engines.

blah

Wish we could change the text colours on the template itself.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Deleted

Last edited:
•••
harkster said:

Deleted??? What do you mean by deleted? :-/

GIL

•••
Had listed a bunch and then had second thoughts. There seems to be people who run off and click ads when posting links in threads. Three problems with that clicking ad links is (insert your own term here) and second it screws up the stats and if enough do it on low traffic names it might affect the quality rating.

I thought this was the case for some time but a few days ago I posted about being thrilled that one of my sites had a #1 in Google. For 3 days the traffic increased a bit but click rate tripled. In a few days as the thread slipped down everything went back to normal. Not the first time I had seen this. A big reason why I seldom start threads about my mini-site development these days.

•••
harkster said:
Had listed a bunch and then had second thoughts. There seems to be people who run off and click ads when posting links in threads. Three problems with that clicking ad links is (insert your own term here) and second it screws up the stats and if enough do it on low traffic names it might affect the quality rating.

I thought this was the case for some time but a few days ago I posted about being thrilled that one of my sites had a #1 in Google. For 3 days the traffic increased a bit but click rate tripled. In a few days as the thread slipped down everything went back to normal. Not the first time I had seen this. A big reason why I seldom start threads about my mini-site development these days.
Thank you Richard. :tu:

•••
Just list them long enough for the search bot to find the link. ;)

•••
harkster said:

With all your accumulated experience you obviously know what's best. I personally like these kind of threads because it gives us a chance of seeing other peoples work and ideas. Most of us are all here because we enjoy this, and to learn a bit from from exchanging info with others. I click on practically every signature name out of curiosity and to get ideas and there are some great ideas around NamePros. I enjoy looking at other people' sites, wether they are good or bad!

BTW Harkster how are you doing with your PPC-Sites? Do you still recomend them?

GIL :)

•••
whitebark said:
Just list them long enough for the search bot to find the link. ;)
There are other ways to get spidered.

GILSAN said:
With all your accumulated experience you obviously know what's best. I personally like these kind of threads because it gives us a chance of seeing other peoples work and ideas. Most of us are all here because we enjoy this, and to learn a bit from from exchanging info with others. I click on practically every signature name out of curiosity and to get ideas and there are some great ideas around NamePros. I enjoy looking at other people' sites, wether they are good or bad!

BTW Harkster how are you doing with your PPC-Sites? Do you still recomend them?

I really like the sharing of experiences and seeing what others are doing. Learn from others and hopefully give back a bit to help same.

Sadly it only takes a few (insert favorite term here) to screw things up.

Some of my mini-sites do well, some flop with most just making enough to keep. Honestly these days I am concentrating my efforts on Bodis and and upgrading a couple production sites while awaiting the opening of iMODO. I am going to be spending some $$$ on better content for DubaiFestival.

Been trying some PPA but not having much luck. Whole different world.

Last edited:
•••
SatellitePhones.name

Just added text to SatellitePhones.name :)

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
WebGames.name and PurchaseGoldBullion.com

Added some content to _WebGames.name and _PurchaseGoldBullion.com and changed SatellitePhones.name

•••
•••
•••
•••
Kaleidozone said:
Ha ha GIL! Here a new one: www.e-scuba.com

Andrea

I read the story about the crew members and passengers that disappeared. Fascinating and tragic story. I had seen this on Portuguese TV about 2 weeks ago. That will put some peaple off going Scuba Diving in the Caribbean islands for a while. However if Scuba Diving lovers buy your great equipment they can allways head to www.RedSeaResorts.info or www.RedSeaTravel.info where they have some of the world's greatest reef dives.

But if you prefer to travel less far, then your best choice would be to visit my own home island of www.Come2Madeira.com were we also have some great diving and some of the best Big Game Fishing in the world!

And don't forget to bring Andrea's great Scuba Diving Gear!

aj martin said:

Great looking pages aj martin. Where are they parked if you don't mind me asking?

•••
GILSAN said:
Great looking pages aj martin. Where are they parked if you don't mind me asking?

Hey GIL, if you check whois information for any parked domain, you will see nameservers and, thus, easily find out parking company name :)

•••
kriss05 said:
Hey GIL, if you check whois information for any parked domain, you will see nameservers and, thus, easily find out parking company name :)

Thanks Kriss, It's easy when you know how! Live and learn.

•••
smartname.com

Those are mods of the smartname templates. It is really not an open parking system but if you have a large number of names and a clean portfolio - no TMs etc. then I might be able to get you an account. PM me for more info.

•••
have a look...

sbava.com and ph5.info both at bodis

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back