Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 1, 2026.

discuss Shoulda, woulda, coulda.

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
5,263
I have the opportunity to buy 200 double repeating premium LLL.in at $90 a piece and I passed on it due to my uncertainty. Turns out that was a big mistake.

What was your most recent shoulda, woulda, coulda moment?
 
9
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
$238K for a 3L.com a few years back is pretty decent, obviously it will be a big corp at that amount, but the sky is not always the limit. If your cost basis was under $25K, that is an amazing profit. Really what you did with the profits will tell the story after the fact.
Very true how do you make that money work for you after is key. I brought it on snapnames on the drop, it may of not been on the drop but pre release, for about $20k in around 2009
 
1
•••
i was kindof happy selling Dao.biz for $1,500 about 2 months ago until i realized a multi million dollar chinese media company bought it and is live on the web with it ..:-/
 
3
•••
i was kindof happy selling Dao.biz for $1,500 about 2 months ago until i realized multi million dollar chinese media company bought it and is live on the web with it ..:-/
Damn....
 
1
•••
every 4 letter .com that I could have bought for less than $50 in 2014
 
3
•••
1
•••
I regret not buying something because it sold later for more.
I regret buying something because later I had to drop it for a loss.
I also regret not going to humblebrag school.

My biggest regret is the hours that I spend here instead of doing something useful.
 
12
•••
every 4 letter .com that I could have bought for less than $50 in 2014
I think we all have that regret, they were less than $20 in 2009!
 
3
•••
My biggest regret is the hours that I spend here instead of doing something useful.
Over 10,000 messages ,I think you have a point.
 
3
•••
I think we all have that regret, they were less than $20 in 2009!
I was even able to pick up 9 LLLL .com names (non-premium) on GD closeouts in 2014. Likely never again
 
1
•••
Not buying LasVegas.city because of the $440 per year renewal cost.

LasVegas.city seemed very expensive compared to most of my .CITY domains which renew at Uniregistry for $22, $36 or a few at $72 per year.

Really dumb move. Las Vegas.online sold at NamesCon for $4,750 and LasVegas.Asia went for $30K a few months ago to the same company that owns LasVegas.com.


how the hell would LasVegas.Asia even work?
lol
 
5
•••
I was even able to pick up 9 LLLL .com names (non-premium) on GD closeouts in 2014. Likely never again
Gee that feels unbelievable now - so little time ago, how things have changed, no one forecasted the stellar rise. Its never going back there.
 
2
•••
I think we all have that regret, they were less than $20 in 2009!

In 2012, LLLL coms were going for BIN prices at Go Daddy, I mean like $11, $10, $9, and $8. I even snagged one for $5.

The most I paid for a LLLL com was low $$$ (WDJS and Lyni). In this manner, managed to amass 89 of these.

I think these are worth holding for now.
 
5
•••
In 2012, LLLL coms were going for BIN prices at Go Daddy, I mean like $11, $10, $9, and $8. I even snagged one for $5.

The most I paid for a LLLL com was low $$$ (WDJS and Lyni). In this manner, managed to amass 89 of these.

I think these are worth holding for now.
Great play. Takes guts to buy at $10 when all others think they are worthless.
 
3
•••
selling iot.com for $17.5K back in 2007 :(

and 700.com for $19K in 2009 :(:(:(
 
17
•••
3
•••
I actually reg'ed a number of triple repeating LLL.in when they first became available 10, 12, 14 years ago - whenever it was. Also had a number of very, very premium top keyword .in. The best names you can think of. After a year I let them all drop. There just wasn't any interest for them back then. That's why I was able to get them... nobody else wanted 'em.

Back then not too many registrars handled .in. Don't remember what registrar I had them with but I do remember they were outside the USA. Certainly not a big deal but... Seems like annual fee was at least $30 per. Expensive when you could get .coms at GD for a dollar with a coupon code which were always available. At the time everybody said it had to be .com, one-word, generic, radio test, type-ins, blah, blah, blah. Because of the annual price, lack of interest, and what everyone else said, I let them all go after a year. Actually it was my own stupidity in not following my own thoughts. I knew one day .in would get online.

Of course, I would have been paying annual renewal fees all this time but... yeah, I regret dropping 'em.
 
3
•••
Skipping over 5N .coms (without 4s) in GoDaddy closeouts.
If only we knew :)
 
1
•••
selling iot.com for $17.5K back in 2007 :(

and 700.com for $19K in 2009 :(:(:(
ouch, 7 figures right there, but you are talking almost a decade out, you basically had to be not following anything, and be busy with other things, to many chances to sell if you are active in the marketplace.
 
3
•••
6
•••
I had go.click in my shopping cart at GODaddy and a credit card snafu caused a browser glitch after which the site said unavailable and I thought because only two letters no way but just today I watched interview with the .click registrar who said they let it all go so conceivably I actually might have ended up owning go.click which by now would be a terrific portal or something.....
What are you talking about go.click is reserved, and was never released?
 
1
•••
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back