discuss Shoulda, woulda, coulda.

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
5,263
I have the opportunity to buy 200 double repeating premium LLL.in at $90 a piece and I passed on it due to my uncertainty. Turns out that was a big mistake.

What was your most recent shoulda, woulda, coulda moment?
 
9
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
I had an opportunity to buy 20x4L.com Chips at $325 each back in July, should have bought it.

The profit could have been $30K+.

Also sold a domain for $10 here and a week later got an offer of $1K. Should have been kept for a month.

I also bought only one CHIPs 3L.co for $30. Now I'm receiving offers around $700. Should have hand registered those 3L.co chips because at that time there was a promo for $3 .Co registrations.

That's life. It happens, but I have moved on :)
 
2
•••
When I first started buying domains godaddy was pitching the hell out of the .TV domains. I gave in and bought a few LL.TV domains. I didnt know the value of domains at that time and thought it was stupid so I got a refund. :(
 
Last edited:
3
•••
Was offered 17 LLLL.com by June of last year in pm for $100 each.I should have even gotten 10 and taken a chance but then I was learning the ropes and didn't make a move.I later won some auction on namepros for couple as a consolation.Got some offers already but not in a rush.

Looking to be wiser and learn from what I read here.I have learnt so much and wont miss next time.

Shane, thanks for the Woulda, coulda -coulda;).Hope Newbies read and learn.Domaining takes a lot of guts and risks.
 
2
•••
I had a domain 4 letter which was sold for 999 USD..Last month the same domain was sold for 4 figures..should have waited..
 
1
•••
In my early days (2007), I passed on a Go Daddy closeout domain (it was a poker domain); a few months later, it sold for $31,000.

But we learn from these missed opportunities.

I can't 'like that ;). Is there a Commiseration button? It happens.
 
2
•••
Nice title :)
 
0
•••
Sold a 6n .com with 888 and one with 333, together for for under £300 :xf.eek: and a CVCV .net for about $20. All last year.
 
1
•••
About 2000 or so I was working at the finance dept of a big public utility as an admin/data assistant dealing mainly with invoices. The city was planning to start a city-wide service and they bought a domain for it. I processed the invoice, it was 60k for an LLL. Seller was from the US and the deal was done through his attorney. Could have taken time out to find out more about the sale. If I did, I would have discovered domaining then. Imagine that.
 
2
•••
About 2000 or so I was working at the finance dept of a big public utility as an admin/data assistant dealing mainly with invoices. The city was planning to start a city-wide service and they bought a domain for it. I processed the invoice, it was 60k for an LLL. Seller was from the US and the deal was done through his attorney. Could have taken time out to find out more about the sale. If I did, I would have discovered domaining then. Imagine that.
In 2000 they were $250-$350 on the aftermaket which was Afternic at that time
 
1
•••
It was an LLL and the price was 60k. I saw the paperwork. Year was early 2000s
 
1
•••
every 4 letter .com that I could have bought for less than $50 in 2014
every LLLL.com and nnnnn.com I sold for less then 50$ in 2012 (stuff like 69869.com) now I calculated would be worth over 150K... well that's life :)
 
4
•••
Not buying Miami.Club when I had the chance to do so because of the high registration fee.

Still don't know if that was a mistake, actually, but I sure wish I owned it now.
 
3
•••
Not buying Miami.Club when I had the chance to do so because of the high registration fee.

Still don't know if that was a mistake, actually, but I sure wish I owned it now.
Think you dodged a bullet there, unless it was for your own use, sounds sweet.
 
1
•••
So far, I do not regret that much.

My worst mistake is that I bought many new gTLDs that made very little sense, 1 - 2 years ago. It costed a few thousand extra bucks back then, but in the long run, it's hopefully a lesson learned.

I also sold some LLLL.coms a little too fast / cheap, but at least I made some decent flip profit and was able to invest in other names.
 
3
•••
All these "mistakes" are the signs of opportunity and of a moving market. Not of missed opportunity.

For every loss there is likely to be a win.

You can't deflect every offer, you wouldn't be domaining. But if you can afford it - stick to the reason you saw potential in that name in the first place and set yourself up for a bigger payday.

I dropped about 100 LLL.co...
 
4
•••
I had a full ride to a university. Computer science major. 2001.

Walked in on orientation day, walked out within seconds.

Went on a wild ride through the music industry instead.

Moral of the story...

I missed out on countless high value domains because I chose the rockstar life. -_-B-):ahhh::'(

But hey... 15 years later... here I am... :sick:

:-/:D:roll:
 
18
•••
Sold many NNNNN.com for low xxx in late 2014.
 
0
•••
I let all my NNNNN.com drop shortly after registering them, in 2009 or so, that would be $1-2M today. :|
Also let hundreds of LLLL.com chips drop or sold for penauts in 2009-2011.
 
5
•••
how the hell would LasVegas.Asia even work?
lol


See it's domain sales like this that I seriously need a pro to explain to me why something like that fetched such a high price with an extension like .ASIA? plus it's how much to renew? $400+? can anyone please explain who or what type of person buys such domains? We need to make a list of such idiots. ahem ahem such "investors" wink wink. lol
 
1
•••
Sup Shane? I feel like you are the best person here to comment? Quit "liking" my posts and give us your professional 2 cents! lol Please????? thanks!
 
2
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back