Sharjil Saleem shill bidding again on Flippa

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

ksusha64

Top Member
Impact
https://flippa.com/9353101-fav-com This is clear example of Sharjil Saleem shill bidding again.
He has been banned from namepros in the past. Stay away from his listings.
Flippa people please deal with this nonsense.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
With all the things happening in the domaining world, I usually hold judgement until there's some actual proof or pattern. And one incident of price jumping from 15k to 160k doesn't make a person a shill bidder.

I'm far from defending Sharjil in this particular incident. I'm just saying it's not uncommon for prices to jump that high on Flippa bids. I've seen it on my own auctions. And just looking at Flippa right now.. these two domains have the same occurrences.

https://flippa.com/auctions/9352419/bids

https://flippa.com/auctions/9329404/bids

I know you are a smart domainer who clearly understands this is shill bidding. You bought domain from me for 25k and failed to pay for it on namepros. I never reported you to namepros admins because I believe u are not a cheater. If u want to defend clear shill bidding then you are guilty by association.

•••
Hey Guys. Just read about this here, I didnt bid it. Here is the screenshot with Amber Burke who works at Flippa.

It;'s not the shill bid. Attached is the chat between me and amber, and Then i messaged the guy who bid, his username is CACHE in Flippa.

I am still waiting for the reply from him that his bid is correct or he just bid. I doubt when he bid the price was $15k, and then i believe he tried to bid $16k and he bid there for $160k, Let's see what he replies.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 1.27.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 1.27.07 PM.png
    74.5 KB · Views: 73
  • Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 1.27.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 1.27.27 PM.png
    100.7 KB · Views: 69
•••
I just talked with the Flippa team, and he got ban just now.

•••
•••
Brother, Go to DNJ, and you will find about me.

Regards

In respect of DNJ, I don't know what you are implying here. I have read sales that were fake on DNJ (or didn't go through), and I have also read about domainers who are short on ethics on DNJ. DNJ lists occurrences from some legit sellers, and IMO some real questionable characters. So just because you're on DNJ, what are you saying? No offense, just don't see that as a way for somebody to be vouched for... I mean take a look at the domain hall of fame, some questionable characters were inducted, and some of those questionable characters have been all over DNJ... **No offense to any of the legit stuff that has been published on DNJ over the years**

Last edited:
•••
Eric do you know what rule was not understood by Sharjil? I mean I posted back then it's sold. He said it is sold, why didn't it sell and if refusal why not ban?
The member's account was closed and restricted at that time (Regardless if they understood the rules or not because all members are responsible for understanding them). The notes I'm seeing show that they eventually honored most (If not all) the agreements they received infractions and restrictions for. If other incidents happened that were not reported, then the member more than likely did not receive an infraction for them (Since we didn't know about them). Keep in mind that infractions have expiration dates (Not all, but most). This member's infractions have expired, which automatically reopened their account.

•••
How long have you had the exc contract?

Do you know if the owner had listed the domain with MediaOptions prior to giving you the exc contract? Could the $150,000 landing page be leftover from a previous brokerage contract? or...?

Thanks for confirming. I was (and still am) a little confused to the broker connection between you and @Sharjil. Then I just looked at the thread where most people (including myself) became aware of @ErwanKina as a new young domain investor who represented a 20 million dollar domain investment fund HERE

In the interview, you state that you and Sharjil are partners. Does that mean you two work on domains together when one of yall receive a domain listing? Am I mistaken by the extent or use of the word partner? At some point after the interview, Sharjils credibility was called into question, and extreme caution was recommended. Not sure what all transpired to warrant such a warning. Tagging the blog editor for possible further clarification @James Iles

Show attachment 75301
Sharjil told me to make this announcement, about his mysterious "fund" and "partners" that wanted to put $20M in the domain market two years ago. I trusted him as we closed a $200K deal together (100 LLLL.coms package). I was young and starting to make serious money thanks to his connections. Of course it was greatly exaggerated. He and his group of buyers probably did spend $3 or $4M in 2016. After that we continued closing some smaller sales together until he backed up on various important deals, then we stopped our 'co-brokerage" partnership because of that.

Regarding Shelly.com, he asked me to list it on NameJet which I did, it did get sold at $35K and this sale was successfully completed.

•••
•••
•••
Your screen shots just add confusion.

You pose the question "is he a real buyer?"

She responds his name is David, for all we know he could Be Frank or Fred, Alvin or Pete and besides that it's a "new" account according to this screenshot.

How can you state "He has bid 5 figures on listing before". I don't recall seeing a bidders history in my Flippa auctions, but hopefully I am wrong. How does a new bidder have this data of a previous bid that you can access?

You should post a screenshot of what you are trying to prove rather than adding more confusion imho. Nobody simply makes an error that has bid 5 figures before now "accidentally" bid's 160K.

Show attachment 75216

I didnt state, Flippa told that he usually bid for 5 figs.

•••
You obviously do not get suspended for one name. It was at least 2-3 names. One of the victims was me. Do you recall the name?
Get a grip. You opened a thread accusing him of shill bidding only to put him on blast for something completely unrelated. And then decided to put @LarryDomain on blast in the same thread. Let the admins handle it, and air your dirty laundry privately. If you must do it publicly, do so in a constructive manner.

This is shameful, regardless of the accusations.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I think there is a huge problem if namepros is hiding his negative feedback.
At no time was feedback removed for that member from you. You may have issued it to the wrong person, forgot to issue it, or experienced a connection issue at the time of issuing it that resulted in no feedback being left.

NamePros is not able to police 3rd party marketplace forums. Be sure to contact NameJet support if you feel they have done something unethical there.

If the member has broken a rule on NamePros again, please use the report feature and provide as much detail as possible so we can investigate the matter.

•••
I have also proof that negative feedback was taken off by namepros
Please use the correct words, because you're confusing yourself and you're also confusing others.

Negative feedback is Trade Reviews. As I've already told you multiple times, we have not removed any negative feedback from anyone's account unless it violates the rules (E.g. leaving negative feedback for a deal that you were not part of). Members can remove their own feedback as well. If a problem is resolved, they can delete it themselves at anytime.

What you are probably referring to is posts in a sales threads being deleted. As with all sales threads, comments are not allowed and they will be removed to get the sales thread back on track. If members want to comment on a sales thread or voice concerns, they can only do so in a different thread (Not in the sales thread): https://www.namepros.com/threads/pointing-out-a-scam-to-warn-others.1043956/

@Eric Lyon on page two Sharjil is referencing you that you agreed he didn't know a rule and allowed an auction not to close.
We understand that members may not always know the rules when they first join, and that is why it usually takes 2 "bad business" infractions before we restrict/close an account. "Bad business" infractions are things such as backing out of a deal without anything having been transferred yet. If money were to have been transferred and not refunded, then that would be an immediately restriction after only 1 offense. However, if it's something less than that, it usually takes 2 warnings (A second chance). Another example is if someone closes an auction early and doesn't award a winner, they will usually get 1 more chance to not let that happen again in case they didn't understand the rules. This usually requires us to explain that reserve prices are not allowed, and then there aren't any other issues in the future.

His account was restricted and the entire situation that led to that was explained here (in 2015): https://www.namepros.com/threads/fantasize-com-bid-now.874975/page-2#post-4993628

In 2017, he contacted us for an account review. His smaller warnings had expired, and he worked to make right on his previous offenses where he could. Once he made right on those, he was given another chance and the restrictions were removed from his account.

•••
The bidder wasn't required to honor their $160,000 bid since it was still under reserve.

Right and the whole problem about this is an industry that wants to thump its chest that it's so big and legitimate has about as much transparency as 4Chan.

Bidder 1, Bidder 2 ? This is real money, have some kind of identifier, GoDaddy, Flippa refuse this, one has to wonder why, NameJet and DropCatch have no problems accomplishing it. Would it end all of the shenanigans ? No because anyone good at conning can rip off any marketplace, but most are not good and everyone else would be able to at least identify bad players and report them and or stay away from them. Change is needed.

•••
Nope, I have the Exc contract with the Seller for this one.

How long have you had the exc contract?

Do you know if the owner had listed the domain with MediaOptions prior to giving you the exc contract? Could the $150,000 landing page be leftover from a previous brokerage contract? or...?

Hi, yes I did sell Shelly.com during the 2016 Summer at $35000, on NameJet.

Thanks for confirming. I was (and still am) a little confused to the broker connection between you and @Sharjil. Then I just looked at the thread where most people (including myself) became aware of @ErwanKina as a new young domain investor who represented a 20 million dollar domain investment fund HERE

In the interview, you state that you and Sharjil are partners. Does that mean you two work on domains together when one of yall receive a domain listing? Am I mistaken by the extent or use of the word partner? At some point after the interview, Sharjils credibility was called into question, and extreme caution was recommended. Not sure what all transpired to warrant such a warning. Tagging the blog editor for possible further clarification @James Iles

upload_2017-12-14_4-12-12.png

Last edited:
•••
To clarify:
  1. The investigation that took place is public and the results are public as well. Everyone is free to read them and make their own decisions about who they do or do not want to do business with.
  2. When a deal is backed out of (Someone decides not to go through with the deal) and nothing has been transferred, then as far as we're concerned, it's the exact same offense whether that deal was for $100 or $100,000. It makes no difference. No money or domains were exchanged. The only thing that matters is that a deal was not honored, and that is the same exact "bad business" infraction.
  3. We already block proxies, VPN, etc. but it's not possible for any site to block 100% of them.
  4. Brokering is not a problem on NamePros. There is 1 report a year on average, if that, relating to brokering of domains. There are hundreds of brokers on NamePros doing transactions without any problems.
  5. Some of the issues that have been brought up did not occur on NamePros. We will not get involved in those, and we will not restrict anyone's account based on issues that happen outside of NamePros.
  6. All of the issues that happened on NamePros, that we were informed about, have been resolved or expired. Deals backed out of can't typically be resolved but they expire. They were all from 2015 and it's almost 2018 (in 2 weeks).
Hope that helps,

•••
I am not saying he did or didn't shill bid, but just looking at the jump in price doesn't mean much to me cuz I personally have jumped a price on an auction to the max I would pay for it to see if it reaches reserve.

This example isn't as obvious as other examples from other shill bidders.

And for disclosure, I did have a domain that he was helping me to sell(which didn't sell). And I would not use his services if it was proven that he participates in the practice of shill bidding.
Yeah. On flippa, people shill bid for no reason. When I had my 4l there for the 30 day auction, almost all of the bidders ended up banned except for the poor guy who won..

I just kept allowing bids lol even though I knew one guy was shady af. I figured if someone legit outbid his bids, I wouldn't let him bid anymore, but I found out that wasn't an option. Good thing he ended up banned before my auction ended and the final buyer already put in a bid.

Sometimes people will shill bid your stuff randomly.

•••
It' a shame with this guy! I remember he was banned from here, now still alive in flippa !

•••
How are you able to tell it's a shill bidding?

•••
I am not saying he did or didn't shill bid, but just looking at the jump in price doesn't mean much to me cuz I personally have jumped a price on an auction to the max I would pay for it to see if it reaches reserve.

This example isn't as obvious as other examples from other shill bidders.

And for disclosure, I did have a domain that he was helping me to sell(which didn't sell). And I would not use his services if it was proven that he participates in the practice of shill bidding.

•••
Better investigate before posting anything.
It's common practice here, even for established domainers/NP members to immediately start dragging others' reputations through the mud with little-to-no hesitation.

I am all for accountability, and this is an incredible place to hold the community accountable, but there's some toxic garbage here.

•••
I usually dont reply on NP. But if you are writing something about anyone, you better have the complete investigation before posting anything.
Agreed, and you better believe that you have every right to jump into this discussion because your name is ALL over it. We all know how quickly word gets around in this community, and we've seen big messes made of 'harmless' NPs threads.

Bottom line is, hold each other accountable, and that goes both ways.

•••
Agreed, and you better believe that you have every right to jump into this discussion because your name is ALL over it. We all know how quickly word gets around in this community, and we've seen big messes made of 'harmless' NPs threads.

Bottom line is, hold each other accountable, and that goes both ways.
Mary, My sales speak itself, I didnt need to reply here.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back