Sharjil Saleem shill bidding again on Flippa

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

ksusha64

Top Member
Impact
https://flippa.com/9353101-fav-com This is clear example of Sharjil Saleem shill bidding again.
He has been banned from namepros in the past. Stay away from his listings.
Flippa people please deal with this nonsense.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am sooo confused to what happened here... The additional info of Shelly.com isn't instantly helping clarify things...

Here is the NameJet auction record of the $35K Shelly.com sale.

http://web.archive.org/web/20160813...ctions/StandardDetails.aspx?auctionid=3822166
Show attachment 75221

However, according to @ErwanKina LinkedIn page. He recently closed Shelly.com for $35,000. Maybe it sold twice for $35,000?

Show attachment 75222

The domain is now for sale on BrandBucket.with a $120k asking price. WHOIS shows @brandsly as the owner.
Can you check other auctions by this user. Another jump from 12 to 35K is very suspicious. Can you check his other auctions in detail?

•••
Of course I left negative feedback. I have no idea if someone removed it.

•••
I think @Flippa did an amazing job suspending the shill bidders account right away. I think we should all be proud from their quick response.

•••
•••
Do you recall any reason why the sale wouldn't have went through at $16k? I do not see a negative trade review for the winning bidder. I also realize you are no longer a mod, and may not be able to comment of previous NP mod related decisions. So maybe @Eric Lyon or @James Rodman is a better person to ask for clarification why the sale may not have went through? I'm assuming it didn't go through because @Sharjil said he sold it for $35k on NameJet...
Erwan sold that domain for me. It went at $35k thr NJ.

•••
Brother, learn some ethics or manners to talk, I mentioned to Eric, i wasnt aware of the forum rules, So i didnt agree to sale.

Well if there was an auction and it closed with a winner, what were the rules you didn't understand?

•••
Brother, read my earlier message where i submit the screenshot. Flippa team suspended the guy name Cache, until he reverify his identity and tell that why he bid for $160k.

That's why I asked, I did not accuse you of shilling, my point was we can't have accusations without some proof, I am working on an article about this topic for a few days now.

•••
Erwan sold that domain for me. It went at $35k thr NJ.

Why didn't you list it on NameJet yourself? Do you have a namejet sellers or buyers account? If you don't mind me asking, would you mind telling us your NameJet bidding ID?

I thought you were selling the domain on behalf of the domain owner?

upload_2017-12-13_19-46-8.png

So really, Erwan sold the domain for the domain owner? And/or you split the commission? Is this common?

•••
Why didn't you list it on NameJet yourself? Do you have a namejet sellers or buyers account? If you don't mind me asking, would you mind telling us your NameJet bidding ID?

I thought you were selling the domain on behalf of the domain owner?

Show attachment 75257

So really, Erwan sold the domain for the domain owner? And/or you split the commission? Is this common?

@Eric Lyon can you explain this
I talked with namepros team and discussed that i wasnt aware with the forum rules, and they decided to remove restriction, That's it. no more comments. Thanks

Because that's unacceptable response from Sharjil. It's a simple question what rule wasn't understood?

•••
The member's account was closed and restricted at that time (Regardless if they understood the rules or not because all members are responsible for understanding them). The notes I'm seeing show that they eventually honored most (If not all) the agreements they received infractions and restrictions for. If other incidents happened that were not reported, then the member more than likely did not receive an infraction for them (Since we didn't know about them). Keep in mind that infractions have expiration dates (Not all, but most). This member's infractions have expired, which automatically reopened their account.

Thank you for your reply. I did not think my question was difficult to understand or answer. Someone said they didn't understand the rules, ok. I am not the forum police, but what rule, it looks like an auction took place, $16,000 high bid and the win.

•••
The member's account was closed and restricted at that time (Regardless if they understood the rules or not because all members are responsible for understanding them). The notes I'm seeing show that they eventually honored most (If not all) the agreements they received infractions and restrictions for. If other incidents happened that were not reported, then the member more than likely did not receive an infraction for them (Since we didn't know about them). Keep in mind that infractions have expiration dates (Not all, but most). This member's infractions have expired, which automatically reopened their account.

Right another good point you bring up that many here don't know, closed accounts do get opened again, no conspiracy, there are few members banned for life.

•••
@Eric Lyon on page two Sharjil is referencing you that you agreed he didn't know a rule and allowed an auction not to close.

"That domain was Shelly.com, Which you are talking about, and i usually dont sale in forums, I listed the domain as auction, and i told Lyon that i wasnt aware about forum auction rules, and he agreed with me and removed restriction, And i sold that domain in $35k at NJ (obv i had the right that's why i listed again and sold it to NJ) i sold other domains of the same seller, so please see before you type, it was a NAME not Names."
You are very smart guy. You can easily figure out what happened. My auction ended aug 19 and he refused. Lyon told me he did not know the rules. Then he starts auction on aug 27 and uses same excuse. Its impossible. Lyon accepts same excuse from him 2 weeks later??? This does not make sense

•••
How did this thread move to for sale section?

•••
@Eric Lyon - Do you know if the sale of Shelly.com finalized on NamePros?
I checked my DM with James Rodman to refresh my memory. He told me he was using escrow.com and didn't mention anything else in that DM.

How did this thread move to for sale section?
Rule 2.3. We do not allow threads about active auctions to be discussed anywhere outside of the marketplace.

•••
The bidder wasn't required to honor their $160,000 bid since it was still under reserve.

That makes more suspicious, only shill bidder know the actual reserve price, so could put bid below reserve.

•••
Well, another long thread with all sorts of oddball things in it. You guys all post interesting things that shed light on a host of topics. Thanks @Grilled for all the data. This raises many questions. Looking forward to the article @equity78 . Hopefully you can write up more than what has been presented here.

Based on the above post, my understanding with the above broker is they have exclusive listings for at least 90 days- so how could FAV be offered on flippa auction simultaneously on a website by another broker? Is this another case of "Partnering"? Was the seller aware of exclusivity and ignored it or did not know it?, and agreed to list with more than one broker?

the obv potential answers are A. it was non-exclusive B. the original brokerage agreement expired or C. this is a brand new web page listing. D. it was forgotten on the website and not removed prior to being on flippa.

E. ????? who is the $160K bidder, how can this platform be trusted with this bidder 1, bidder 2 like process? @FlippaDomains

•••
Well, another long thread with all sorts of oddball things in it. You guys all post interesting things that shed light on a host of topics. Thanks @Grilled for all the data. This raises many questions. Looking forward to the article @equity78 . Hopefully you can write up more than what has been presented here.

Based on the above post, my understanding with the above broker is they have exclusive listings for at least 90 days- so how could FAV be offered on flippa auction simultaneously on a website by another broker? Is this another case of "Partnering"? Was the seller aware of exclusivity and ignored it or did not know it?, and agreed to list with more than one broker?

the obv potential answers are A. it was non-exclusive B. the original brokerage agreement expired or C. this is a brand new web page listing. D. it was forgotten on the website and not removed prior to being on flippa.

E. ????? who is the $160K bidder, how can this platform be trusted with this bidder 1, bidder 2 like process? @FlippaDomains
Nope, I have the Exc contract with the Seller for this one.

•••
I am sooo confused to what happened here... The additional info of Shelly.com isn't instantly helping clarify things...

Here is the NameJet auction record of the $35K Shelly.com sale.

http://web.archive.org/web/20160813...ctions/StandardDetails.aspx?auctionid=3822166
Show attachment 75221

However, according to @ErwanKina LinkedIn page. He recently closed Shelly.com for $35,000. Maybe it sold twice for $35,000?

Show attachment 75222

The domain is now for sale on BrandBucket.with a $120k asking price. WHOIS shows @brandsly as the owner.
Hi, yes I did sell Shelly.com during the 2016 Summer at $35000, on NameJet.

•••
@ksusha64 -- Not sure if you caught this, but the fantasize.com debacle was mentioned in the breakroom HERE. Apparently @Sharjil had started a second NamePros auction for the same domain he sold you? Then you commented on the second auction, rightfully upset, that @Sharjil didn't honor his auction sale to you?

https://www.namepros.com/threads/fantasize-com-bid-now.874975/

https://www.namepros.com/threads/fantasize-com-start-2000.877462/

The 1st auction's winner commented in the 2nd auction saying the seller didn't honor the sale yet it still has been approved by NPs.... again.

•••
Sharjil told me to make this announcement, about his mysterious "fund" and "partners" that wanted to put $20M in the domain market two years ago. I trusted him as we closed a $200K deal together (100 LLLL.coms package). I was young and starting to make serious money thanks to his connections. Of course it was greatly exaggerated. He and his group of buyers probably did spend $3 or $4M in 2016. After that we continued closing some smaller sales together until he backed up on various important deals, then we stopped our 'co-brokerage" partnership because of that.

Regarding Shelly.com, he asked me to list it on NameJet which I did, it did get sold at $35K and this sale was successfully completed.
Yes Erwan, And at one time we were willing to spend another $1m to $2m, but you know that LLLL market started getting crash.

•••
@ksusha64 -- Not sure if you caught this, but the fantasize.com debacle was mentioned in the breakroom HERE. Apparently @Sharjil had started a second NamePros auction for the same domain he sold you? Then you commented on the second auction, rightfully upset, that @Sharjil didn't honor his auction sale to you?
No My point is After he told Lyon on Aug 19 he did not know the rules about Fantacize.com. He started Shelly auction a week later and used same excuse? Does it make sense to you? Lyon Wrote something a month later saying he had an excuse that he " did not know the rules". That does not make sense at all. On aug 19 I reported him and he started an auction more than a week later, but somehow Lyon combined his excuse into things that happened at different times. Official version is not what Really happened as you can see through timeline. He is obviously a cheat who kept using same excuse time after time. For some reason his excuse was ACCEPTED week after week on Different occasions.

Last edited:
•••
Really?, that much was sold here on this forum you bought and were refused the transaction? That's a lot of money for this forum it seems rare those transactions I have seen in my past 17 months here. I read above some of it but do not fully understand. Was it a brokered name?, then it was pulled back from you twice after you made a firm BIN offer? Then reneged/backed out on the deals? That's what I think I read/understood.
Did you read what @promo wrote? how this character cheated his client for 15% and also tries to steal other brokers clients? I heard similar story from about 3 brokers already.I guess he did not know the rules" stealing is not allowed". That's his usual fake excuse for everything.

Last edited:
•••
@FlippaDomains -- your customers are starting to ask the same questions on the Flippa auction page, as we are asking in this thread. I hope the lack of response [on the auction page] and in this thread, is because staff is busy investigating? It does appear that action was taken [ie suspending Bidder 1] shortly after this thread was created.

https://flippa.com/9353101-fav-com
upload_2017-12-15_13-38-16.png

The optics obviously don't look good when you suspend the [reserve not met] high bidder. Does @FlippaDomains have any reason to believe the bid is illegitimate? Maybe Bidder 1 is suspended pending verification of some sort? If so, did (NEW) Bidder 2 at $15,000 undergo the same sort of verification?

upload_2017-12-15_14-0-23.png

Last edited:
•••
•••
We suspended the $160k bidder until they confirmed their intended bid price. They contacted us and said they meant to bid $16k rather than $160k. We removed the bid and unsuspended the user.

Things are still confusing.

The auction (and Sharjil) appear to have been reinstated.

upload_2017-12-18_13-57-36.png

However, the high bid shows as $15,000 + 1 pending. I wonder if the pending bid is related to the bidder who previously bid $160,000?

Sharjils other suspected Flippa account is still marked as banned. Flippa has a seemingly transparent feature for some accounts that display the members possible links to other members.

upload_2017-12-18_14-2-23.png

In Sharjil's defense to the alias change, I assume he wanted something more professional than SharjilDXB, thus chose a First name Last name alias.

Still I am confused by Flippa's ban hammer. When I viewed the ban description yesterday, I believe it said, "This user has been permanently banned from Flippa for breaking terms and condition on multiple occasions." Given that Sharjil has been reinstated, the previous quote that suggests a permanent ban is contradicting.

Looking at some of Sharjil's other Flippa listing, I noticed one comment dated November 30th, 2017 that suggests Sharjil's account had a banned sticker last month...

https://flippa.com/9314578-fastfood-com
upload_2017-12-18_14-9-17.png

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back