Sharjil Saleem shill bidding again on Flippa

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

ksusha64

Top Member
Impact
https://flippa.com/9353101-fav-com This is clear example of Sharjil Saleem shill bidding again.
He has been banned from namepros in the past. Stay away from his listings.
Flippa people please deal with this nonsense.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Mary, My sales speak itself, I didnt need to reply here.
That wasn't my point -- I was agreeing, and you did post here....which is totally understandable.

Regardless, I hope that this gets squashed quickly.

•••
He has been banned from namepros in the past.

How do you know he was banned from here? He doesn't have any negative [or positive] trade reviews. So any infraction must have came from a different NP username, or would have been resolved. Plus, he's replied to this thread, and doesn't have a restricted account status, or anything else that I can see that would suggest an account ban.

According to an above comment, Bidder 1 (person who bid $160k) wasn't suspended at the time of placing the $160k bid. But, now it appears that bidder has been suspended. Now I'm curious what happened between now, and then, that would result in Flippa suspending the high bidder's account.

upload_2017-12-13_15-2-31.png

Last edited:
•••
I think @Flippa did an amazing job suspending the shill bidders account right away. I think we should all be proud from their quick response.

But do we know if the person accused of shilling was the person who got suspended?

Last edited:
•••
His account was restricted and the entire situation that led to that was explained here (in 2015): https://www.namepros.com/threads/fantasize-com-bid-now.874975/page-2#post-4993628

That's a pretty messed up situation. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think if @ksusha64 wanted to leave a negative trade review for @Sharjil then it would be completely warranted...

First he tries to argue that @ksusha64 didn't win after 72 hours had surpassed since his last bid...

upload_2017-12-13_23-34-9.png

upload_2017-12-13_23-35-6.png

upload_2017-12-13_23-25-53.png

upload_2017-12-13_23-36-44.png

After @ksusha64 won Fantasize.com for $X,XXX, @Sharjil and/or the domain owner comes up with a story about a reserve? If he thought NP had reserves, then why wasn't a reserve stated in OP?

Furthermore, Sharjil reports to NameBio, that later that year he sold the domain for $7,000. Currently, the domain is for sale by Mike Mann with a BIN of $149,888.

upload_2017-12-13_23-30-57.png

Last edited:
•••
FWIW, the flippa domain auction in question is Fav.com and it appears to be a live site. The WHOIS owner appears to be Jordan Sag using a @ Sagittarius.com email address.

In December 2008, Fav.com was reported sold at Sedo auction for $17,700.

https://sedo.com/search/details/?aid=46380
upload_2017-12-13_23-53-44.png

FAV.com is also for sale on MediaOptions.com with a $150,000 asking price [under brokered domains] Hence, I wonder if the $160,000 bid in question didn't hit reserve, how high is the actual reserve? Is this or could this have turned into one of those next bid win type auctions?

https://www.mediaoptions.com/brokered-domains/fav-com
upload_2017-12-14_0-11-40.png

Last edited:
•••
@ksusha64 based on this situation and another one I observed, and constructively thinking....
It seems to me that disallowing proxies or brokers to sell on Namepro's would solve the problem. Domain owners only. Too many people involved and too much confusion. Wouldn't that solve the problem of one authority person to sell, better communication, reserves not allowed, etc? I realize this is a bit off topic.

•••
All of the issues that happened on NamePros, that we were informed about, have been resolved or expired. Deals backed out of can't typically be resolved but they expire.

That statement confuses me.
Here's an example to help explain:

A seller and buyer agree to a deal of $500 for domain.com but then the seller decides to not follow through with the deal. The money and the domain were not transferred. The buyer still wants the domain and reports the deal to us. We give the seller an opportunity to honor their deal. If they disappear or decide not to, then we issue the seller a "bad business" infraction. A year later, the seller has already sold domain.com to someone else and the buyer has likely invested that $500 in something else. That past deal can't be resolved, but after a year, it will have expired here. However, even expired infractions remain on accounts for recorded purposes and to establish a history for moderators to decide future actions if future issues occur.

Hope that helps,

•••
We suspended the $160k bidder until they confirmed their intended bid price. They contacted us and said they meant to bid $16k rather than $160k. We removed the bid and unsuspended the user.

•••
We suspended the $160k bidder until they confirmed their intended bid price. They contacted us and said they meant to bid $16k rather than $160k. We removed the bid and unsuspended the user.

@FlippaDomains Thank you very much for taking quick action, and for keeping NamePros informed!

Any word on when (if) the auction will resume?

upload_2017-12-17_17-26-18.png

It also appears that Flippa has banned the seller Sharjil Saleem. Is this temporary pending an investigation of some sort, or has an investigation of some sort already occurred and this is the final result? https://flippa.com/users/1188198

Yesterday
upload_2017-12-17_17-33-34.png

Today
upload_2017-12-17_17-28-43.png

I wonder if this ban could be related to Sharjil having an apparent second Flippa account that was suspended at the time of the Fav.com listing? https://flippa.com/users/938802

Yesterday
upload_2017-12-17_17-30-42.png

Today
upload_2017-12-17_17-32-40.png

Last edited:
•••
•••
If true, then total scumbag.

•••
•••
Jumping from $15k to $160k (below reserve) is obviously suspicious and the buyer must surely be verified by @FlippaDomains

•••
It's common practice here, even for established domainers/NP members to immediately start dragging others' reputations through the mud with little-to-no hesitation.

I am all for accountability, and this is an incredible place to hold the community accountable, but there's some toxic garbage here.
I usually dont reply on NP. But if you are writing something about anyone, you better have the complete investigation before posting anything.

•••
Hey Guys. Just read about this here, I didnt bid it. Here is the screenshot with Amber Burke who works at Flippa.

It;'s not the shill bid. Attached is the chat between me and amber, and Then i messaged the guy who bid, his username is CACHE in Flippa.

I am still waiting for the reply from him that his bid is correct or he just bid. I doubt when he bid the price was $15k, and then i believe he tried to bid $16k and he bid there for $160k, Let's see what he replies.

Your screen shots just add confusion.

You pose the question "is he a real buyer?"

She responds his name is David, for all we know he could Be Frank or Fred, Alvin or Pete and besides that it's a "new" account according to this screenshot.

How can you state "He has bid 5 figures on listing before". I don't recall seeing a bidders history in my Flippa auctions, but hopefully I am wrong. How does a new bidder have this data of a previous bid that you can access?

You should post a screenshot of what you are trying to prove rather than adding more confusion imho. Nobody simply makes an error that has bid 5 figures before now "accidentally" bid's 160K.

CM Capture 132.jpg

•••
Your screen shots just add confusion.

You pose the question "is he a real buyer?"

She responds his name is David, for all we know he could Be Frank or Fred, Alvin or Pete and besides that it's a "new" account according to this screenshot.

How can you state "He has bid 5 figures on listing before". I don't recall seeing a bidders history in my Flippa auctions, but hopefully I am wrong. How does a new bidder have this data of a previous bid that you can access?

You should post a screenshot of what you are trying to prove rather than adding more confusion imho. Nobody simply makes an error that has bid 5 figures before now "accidentally" bid's 160K.

Show attachment 75216
I hope he didnt made a mistake and reply me that its his correct bid, and iwill tell him to pay the reserve and get it. :)

•••
Sorry, @Sharjil my apologies and MY mistake, I see she stated that not you.

Why would somebody jump up from $15,000 to $160,000 like that? This is the "unnatural bidding" process that one other vocal domainer stated, and this is an example of that. So I thought I recognized your name before and found this news post.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/eth-com-sold-by-sharjil-saleem.1025923/

If you in fact it's TRUE- that you sold ETH congratulations. Much respect for you.

But someone of your willingness to post here and defend things, take the opportunity to help the community clean this mess up. With all the past data posted about other shill bidders, and the data keeps accumulating, it's really hard to believe anything printed anywhere, and seeing these major price jumps like exhibited in that screenshot.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/bidding-on-your-own-names-at-namejet.1030874/

I don't believe anymore carte blanche any of these prices, anywhere. These prices and news items I question all of them. "Trusted sources" who is trusted and who isn't anyway? It would be nice if Escrow dot com documents were provided.

Again, congratulations on ETH.
Brother, Go to DNJ, and you will find about me.

Regards

•••
I just talked with the Flippa team, and he got ban just now.

What was the reasoning he was banned? Do you have any reason to suspect that bid was illegitimate?

•••
Brother, Go to DNJ, and you will find about me.

Regards
That's my question, I have read all the prices there on DNJ. Did you show escrow.com documents to prove the price for ETH? There are other recent sales from other people named in the other thread who are "trusted sources" yet were caught up in the shill bidding thread, yet the prices were recently published, so I question all sources including that one.

•••
•••
•••
Sharjil Saleem was suspended from namepros for putting names on auction and not honoring the deals. The owner of the names claimed
Sharjil Saleem never had a right to sell them on namepros in first place. He can explain himself what happened.
I was one of the victims of his fraud. Lyon suspended his account after multiple violations. You can see my left feedback for him as negative and reason for it.

Last edited:
•••
Sharjil Saleem cheated me on namepros. He sold the name he had no right to sell. That's why we have feedback system here. So frauds don't get away with defrauding namepros users. Lyon did a great job suspending him. I hope Flippa further investigates his activity and comes to sale conclusion Lyon did.

•••
I think its our duty to warn namepros users about suspicious activity of members who were suspended from the forum. The idea of community is to help others. Biggest problem in domaining is fraud. I do not want to see good namepros members get cheated by people who been suspended and have reputation of doing this.

•••
That domain was Shelly.com, Which you are talking about, and i usually dont sale in forums, I listed the domain as auction, and i told Lyon that i wasnt aware about forum auction rules, and he agreed with me and removed restriction, And i sold that domain in $35k at NJ (obv i had the right that's why i listed again and sold it to NJ) i sold other domains of the same seller, so please see before you type, it was a NAME not Names.

I am sooo confused to what happened here... The additional info of Shelly.com isn't instantly helping clarify things...

Here is the NameJet auction record of the $35K Shelly.com sale.

http://web.archive.org/web/20160813...ctions/StandardDetails.aspx?auctionid=3822166
upload_2017-12-13_15-57-25.png

However, according to @ErwanKina LinkedIn page. He recently closed Shelly.com for $35,000. Maybe it sold twice for $35,000?

upload_2017-12-13_15-58-47.png

The domain is now for sale on BrandBucket.with a $120k asking price. WHOIS shows @brandsly as the owner.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back