IT.COM

status-done Seriously? WHO manages the Top Domains section?

NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Value of LRRR.com?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Above $1k

votes
    91.7%
  • Below $1k

vote
    8.3%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
How does this name not qualify for the TOP DOMAINS section?

I've noticed inferior quality names being accepted.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/lrrr-com.1227905/

Who are the people behind the veil of discerning what qualifies as $1k + and what doesn't?

Members deserve to know who makes these decisions and what their qualifications are.

My suggestion?

Make the deciders for TOP DOMAINS public for all to see.

(you know - kinda like a throwback to when we knew which Mods overlooked each section 10+ years ago)

It's important in the fact that we don't use a post when a name is in the TOP DOMAINS section.

Wholeness and Optimism,

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Whoever voted no already may as well defer to bots and give up on human appraisals IMHO

Estibot: $6000
GD: $4352
Epik: $5900

Oh and this name has publicly been sold twice for well over $1000

And if you look at recent public sales of Western/Chinese ABBB.com and AAAB.com sales you will see that all are well above $1000

Last edited:
•••
•••
Hello,

Please read our Help page on this topic:

We hope that helps.

Thanks. i gave it a “dislike.”
It hasn’t been helpful.
Just shady, subjective, Like Twitter’s removal process.
It leaves more questions, than answers, which is why i have never submitted name to Namepros’ “top” section.
This rule, needs reforming. Not a very professional rule.
zero transparency, through entire process, start to end.

Get evaluation process something so subjective.. say Y.
worst part? Any non-com “top name” is worse than lrrr.
77D794DA-5698-462F-877F-D13FFF01B727.jpeg

Last edited:
•••
•••
Thanks. i gave it a “dislike.”
It hasn’t been helpful.
Just shady, subjective, Like Twitter’s removal process.
It leaves more questions, than answers, which is why i have never submitted name to Namepros’ “top” section.
This rule, needs reforming. Not a very professional rule.
zero transparency, through entire process, start to end.

Get evaluation process something so subjective.. say Y.
worst part? Any non-com “top name” is worse than lrrr.
Show attachment 182329

Sounds like the practice is inconsistent ....and whoever has their turn at the wheel decides from what I gather...? if five people are doing it and each views domains with different lenses, it's a luck of the draw if someone understands an ABBB Western/Chinese LLLL is wholesale > $1k? :bookworm::arghh::watching::greedy::unsure:

It is a perk to have this section not count against thread count, hence this is the most dissatisfying part about a name that clearly is good enough being put in the make offer section.

Last edited:
•••
A few clarifications as replies:

How does this name not qualify for the TOP DOMAINS section?
No one said it didn't qualify; you made an assumption.

I've noticed inferior quality names being accepted.
That's your opinion. It may be our opinion, too, but it's irrelevant because quality is only one stage of the process.

what their qualifications are
The help guides try to provide more details.

Members deserve to know who makes these decisions
Make the deciders for TOP DOMAINS public for all to see.
Your post is a demonstration of why we don't:

You didn't fully understand the process, but you were still eager to find someone to be the recipient of your large, red text.

whoever has their turn at the wheel decides from what I gather...?
Yes.

It's important in the fact that we don't use a post when a name is in the TOP DOMAINS section.
It is a perk to have this section not count against thread count, hence this is the most dissatisfying part about a name that clearly is good enough being put in the make offer section.
You can close your listing thread if it's not selected, which will allow you to create another.

You can also submit the same domain name again in the future.

We hope that helps.

•••
Well I’m never on the side of the system BUT the value is always indifferent from person to person ...Lrrr.com could sell for 150k and it would be reasonable.....

•••
You didn't fully understand the process, but you were still eager to find someone to be the recipient of your large, red text.

Let's all meditate on balancing the ethers and perhaps we can organize a ritual to soothe the liver qi stagnation of fellow NPers alongside a revitalized NP live auction like the good ol' days...

•••
@Bravo Mod Team this isnt “resolved”

“Top” section is a farce

NP “Top” eligibility give opaque a whole new meaning.

Last edited:
•••
this isnt “resolved”
It shows, "done," not "resolved."

This discussion has been had many times before. If nothing new is proposed, then it's done.

“Top” section is a farce
Offer a suggestion to improve it, or don't use it.

Those are the two productive options when you don't like something.

NP “Top” eligibility give opaque a whole new meaning.
You are asking for something that doesn't exist in the domain industry.

If there were an agreed-upon appraisal system for domains, then it would be possible, but that will never exist because domains are not appraised solely based on objectivity or in a systematic fashion.

The closest to what you want are automated appraisal tools, and we all know their benefits and drawbacks.

There's nothing left to be said here.

•••
It says, "Done," not "Resolved."

This conversation has been had countless times before. If nothing new is proposed, then it's done.

Offer a suggestion to improve it, or don't use it.

Those are the two options when you don't like something.

You are asking for something that doesn't exist in the domain industry.

If there were an agreed-upon appraisal system for domains, then it would be possible, but that will never exist because domains are not appraised solely based on objectivity or in a systematic fashion.

The closest to what you want are automated appraisal tools, and we all know their benefits and drawbacks.

There's nothing left to be said here.

Simple, easy to use checklist.

What is your “criteria”?

More bias than Mods who remove post Political section.
Update it, your rule has hyperlink with 2006 examples.

Worst part, is no reason for rejection.

Last edited:
•••
It's not a gigantic deal, I don't mean to be too fussy...

Overall, NP does a great job of minimizing the riff raff.

It does help to have good names stand alone without using open thread counts.

I have had a few with standing xxxx offers be rejected, but this one truly did surprise me to not be accepted.

Last edited:
•••
@Bravo Mod Team

i’m sorry! The green “status” “done” “resolved” interchangeable to me. It assumes “finished”

No ill intent, i just respectfully disagree, sir.

Last edited:
•••
It's not a gigantic deal, I don't mean to be too fussy...

Overall, NP does a great job of minimizing the riff raff.

It does help to have good names stand alone without using open thread counts.

I have had a few with standing xxxx offers be rejected, but this one truly did surprise me to not be accepted.

Exactly.
it’s a peeve.
All the non-com top who got accepted “.sucks” to me.

I would reform this rule.

Last edited:
•••
@Bravo Mod Team

i’m sorry! The green “status” “done” “resolved” interchangeable to me. It assumes “finished”

No ill intent, i just respectfully disagree.
I’m prohibited from flaming but you are asking for it ..what checklist are you suggesting?

•••
I had also an AAAB pattern rejected it was quad premium! Sold twice over $1500 wholesale.

I hade another super nice 2 words combo .com that had $11k Godaddy appraisals rejected at Top domains section.. I sold it one week later for $3500 wholesale.

I too have no clue what can be accepted at top domains the article they provide is not helpful.

•••
I’m prohibited from flaming but you are asking for it ..what checklist are you suggesting?
“in queue” “in progress”

•••
To wrap this up:

The name in question recently sold to an investor for $5k

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back