Dynadot

Selling on GoDaddy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mr.domain27

Established Member
Impact
Hello , is my first time selling on godaddy ! after 5 minute of premium listing domain on it , it's turned to sold but the status is still On Hold for Buyer Purchase for more than 2 hours what doesn't mean ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've recently sold a few names myself on GoDaddy's auction site. From what I understand, GoDaddy receives funds for the purchase from the buyer and waits for those funds to clear. After they have cleared, you will be notified and instructed on how to transfer the domain to the buyer. They also stress that you do NOT transfer the domain until you receive the authorization email from GoDaddy.

•••
is that mean that the buyer paid the domain for godaddy?

•••
All of my sales have stated "funds received, waiting for authorization." From your alert message, it seems that the buyer is still in the process of making a payment and hasn't done so as of yet. From what I've read around the marketplace, there are buyers who never make the purchase and GoDaddy has started to ban them from the marketplace. Best advice is to remain patient, and contact GoDaddy for the latest information on your sale.

-Dominic

•••
Congratulations by the way! I hope it works out!

•••
•••
its turned back to selling , i think the buyer added it to the cart then he canceled :/ but he tooks 3 hours !

•••
its turned back to selling , i think the buyer added it to the cart then he canceled :/ but he tooks 3 hours !

Bah! That stinks. Thankfully, GoDaddy has been a lot more proactive lately in punishing people who have no intention of actually buying the domain. Who knows what happened in this specific instance. Perhaps it was an honest mistake.

At you least you know there is an interest in the domain you have for sale! Good luck again!

•••
On Hold for Buyer Purchase means buyer has domain in cart and hasn't yet paid for it.

Funds Received, authorization pending means buyer has paid for domain and they're verifying payment. (Takes 5-7 days).

Then your domain will be pushed to buyer's account and you will be paid in next 2 days.

•••
It is normally about a week between the time you receive the initial notification of the sale and the time the seller receives payment from Godaddy (assuming Paypal payment). It used to be faster but I guess due to fraud issues Godaddy slowed payment.

•••
On Hold for Buyer Purchase means buyer has domain in cart and hasn't yet paid for it.

Funds Received, authorization pending means buyer has paid for domain and they're verifying payment. (Takes 5-7 days).

Then your domain will be pushed to buyer's account and you will be paid in next 2 days.

Thank you @thekiller

•••
thank you , i'm new on domaining and i was near to make my first big sall :D

•••
might be that he/she put it in cart, hoping to sell it to a third party (flip it) and since it was in cart, no one else can get it..When 3rd party declined, he cancelled the order...anyway good luck with your sale.

•••
might be that he/she put it in cart, hoping to sell it to a third party (flip it) and since it was in cart, no one else can get it..When 3rd party declined, he cancelled the order...anyway good luck with your sale.

That is clever, although perhaps a bit unethical. A reduced limit on the time available to purchase the domain should be considered in the future to curb this type of business.

•••
I also used GD auctions first time a month ago.

Received payment after 18 days since the domain sold.

Make sure you have updated your Payee information from settings on GD.

Good luck.

•••
I want to ask a question here - is it necessary to transfer domain from other registrars to godaddy first? or we can directly talk to the buyer via email id provided and transfer the domain to him/her.

•••
If you have domain listed on GoDaddy but registered elsewhere and someone buy your domain on GoDaddy marketplace, you should wait for confirmation from GoDaddy saying something like 'funds are secured, now contact the buyer and transfer the domain in order for funds to be released.'

•••
Had one that I negotiated on Godaddy, buyer offered 3k, I accepted, he never payed....... had a similar situation in the recent past for a $300 domain... Until funds are officially clear, wouldn't consider it an official sale.. I hope they can implement something that If you make an offer and it's accepted the funds are guaranteed

Last edited:
•••
Yes, I am waiting for the funds to get secured. @cloudguy

But I received this email on the day my domain was sold -

Subject - Transfer of (Domain Name) - Action Needed

GoDaddy received a request on 23 August 2016 for us to become the new registrar of record.

You received this message because you're listed as the Registered Name Holder or Administrative contact for this domain name. If you're not the Account Holder, or you're transferring the domain to a new owner, please forward this email to the appropriate Account Holder to complete the transfer process.

When authorizing this transfer, you'll be prompted to provide the following Transfer IDs:

Transaction ID: xxxxxxxxx
Security Code: xxxxxxxxx

To proceed with the transfer, log in and follow these instructions.

NOTE: After a domain transfer is complete, you cannot transfer it to another registrar for 60 days, apart from transferring back to the original registrar in cases where both registrars so agree or where a decision in the dispute resolution process so directs.

If you DO NOT WANT the transfer to proceed, do not respond to this message.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back