Domain Empire

See you around

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Namepros forced me to change my avatar- Do you find it or me disturbing

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    5.6%
  • No

votes
    94.4%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Elad n

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For example, telling us that we “suck” is not respectful or helpful.

Oh, I am sorry. Were you offended by my wording?

It is an opinion that I am allowed to have. As you can see from this thread I am not the only one.

Now Mary Muse is also restricted. This has gone from bad to worse, all over a bunch of nonsense.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
We’re talking about very different things. That quote is in reference to people being disrespectful, name calling, threatening, etc.

We have never issued a warning because we disagreed with someone. We encourage you to share when you disagree and why you disagree. The only thing we ask is that you do it respectfully and constructively.

For example, telling us that we “suck” is not respectful or helpful.

We want to have professional conversations where no one is disrespected, threatened, antagonized, etc.

We hope that’s reasonable.

Ok, I understand the sensitivity. When I had a very active forum with 2000+ posts a day, I tried not to get stuck on semantics. People might have written that the administration "sucks" or "they are doing poor job", for me it was not the point. The point was my customers are not satisfied. Then I need to fix the situation, maybe even edit the rules to accommodate the gap, maybe discuss with moderators their decision or even reverse one. Never took it as a sign of weakness to reverse a decision. More like learning curve and compromise.

•••
I have an issue with clapping hands avatars. Reminds me of facebook. Very unprofessional. Who do I report to?

It almost feels like taunting, doesn't it? Like that sarcastic clap just before going ahead and slapping an infraction...

•••
•••
Were you offended by my wording?
It’s disrespectful and unnecessary to convey your point.

You could have easily said, “are not good at what they do” or “are mistaken” or any number of other ways besides we “suck.”

.X. told me feel free to post where he threatened you.
Feel free to contact him to confirm that.
We consider his threat far worse than the one you continue repeating in this thread, so let’s try something:

Do you think @.X. should be banned?

Here’s one of the many posts that he had deleted in this thread:
Fuck with me and not only will I pull my gold membership, I will quit this forum and I will find out who the fucking prick is and talk to the necessary person , try me

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
It’s disrespectful and unnecessary to convey your point.

You could have easily said, “are not good at what they do” or “are mistaken” or any number of other ways.

I think I have made my feelings clear many times before. Sometimes just saying "not good" is just not strong enough.

I feel the mods are doing an extremely poor job at moderating, and it is leading to most if not all of the current strife. Is that better?

Brad

•••
•••
•••
I would expect the mods to reverse this decision and apologize to OP.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Team Bravo leads to many war conflicts and I think is not good for such a community.
@Mod Team Bravo, would you change your name to something more professional, friendly, and positive?

Team RainbowUnicorn sounds good.

•••
This forum is to a large degree the face of domaining and domainers especially on Google. Do you think more people want to join or that it gives us a better appearance to those out there in cyberland to berate the mods and each other?

There are routinely posts dripping with sarcasm, cursing, threats and overall disrespect. Those should be addressed more aggressively but enforcing perfectly professional avatars should not be priority number one.

Anyone making a threat, outright or veiled threat to the mods or another member should appropriately be restricted. It doesn’t help the cause to be rude and disrespectful in trying to make your points.

Last edited:
•••
It almost feels like taunting, doesn't it? Like that sarcastic clap just before going ahead and slapping an infraction...

Spot on. Let's be clear. Generally speaking I think the mods do a decent job. There's much, and I choose my wording carefully, not so professional stuff going on. It's an unsatisfying job that will leave you with a lot of headaches.

That being said, I don't like they simply removed the avatar. Asking to do so is one thing, forcing it onto a user is another. And this specific example wasn't even shocking or disturbing. What if Jack himself joins and used that picture?

It's a slippery slope you cannot come back from. Their forum, their rules. But it takes only so many real pros to leave which will irrevertable damage the credibility of the forum and turn it into another... Facebook.

•••
A show of respect to a long time member would be to reinstate the account and avatar. He doesn’t want to have his account deleted, he felt it necessary. Maybe if we turn back the clock to what was in play a day or 2 ago, all will be well.

•••
This is absurd and frankly silly. @Elad n is a stand up guy, a great contributor to the forum and a friend. I'm disappointed to see this.

•••
Spot on. Let's be clear. Generally speaking I think the mods do a decent job. There's much, and I choose my wording carefully, not so professional stuff going on. It's an unsatisfying job that will leave you with a lot of headaches.

That being said, I don't like they simply removed the avatar. Asking to do so is one thing, forcing it onto a user is another. And this specific example wasn't even shocking or disturbing. What if Jack himself joins and used that picture?

It's a slippery slope you cannot come back from. Their forum, their rules. But it takes only so many real pros to leave which will irrevertable damage the credibility of the forum and turn it into another... Facebook.

Thank you for the great post. I completely agree.

2%. Only 2% of any community define it (in a good way). Those are the leaders, the proactive ones, the energetic driving force, the trend-starters etc. You remove those and you leave a desert behind.

This reckless moderation act has made one great member leave, while tens of others have voiced their disagreement over. This thread is truly collection of members that do care about the forum and its members and they are being treated not in a nice way.

The correct path of action should have been: admit that using reporting for singling out anyone for widespread practice that is not explicitly against rules is wrong, contact the user and let him know that he can have his avatar until and if the rules are changed accordingly (they shouldn't).

•••
Maybe if we turn back the clock to what was in play a day or 2 ago, all will be well.
Sadly the key word here is 'maybe'!!

•••
•••
postvsm.jpg

•••
2%. Only 2% of any community define it (in a good way). Those are the leaders, the proactive ones, the energetic driving force, the trend-starters etc. You remove those and you leave a desert behind.

This reckless moderation act has made one great member leave, while tens of others have voiced their disagreement over. This thread is truly collection of members that do care about the forum and its members and they are being treated not in a nice way.

The correct path of action should have been: admit that using reporting for singling out anyone for widespread practice that is not explicitly against rules is wrong, contact the user and let him know that he can have his avatar until and if the rules are changed accordingly (they shouldn't).

Well spoken.

Moderators could listen to the member who ran a forum and embrace the wisdom of his experience!???

A professional community of happy domainers may result :)

Last edited:
•••
@Mod Team Bravo im offended by the guy w/ Donald Trump avatar since clearly isnt Trump fan and politicizing the forum. his avatar is lot more offensive and divisive than a 1980’s movie meme of Jack Nicholson.

Last edited:
•••
I do not believe anybody should be harassing the moderation team.

@Mod Team Bravo

Will you consider a retraction -- and reinstatement of his avatar so we can move forward from this discussion?

I am not going to ask for a public apology -- I feel like that should take place in a direct message.

At the very minimum -- re-instate it.

You even voted no to it being in-offensive.

Which in all reality, it is not offensive in the slightest.

To the community member who reported it -- your feelings are acknowledged.

However the community as a whole has vastly disagreed with your opinion on the status of the profile picture in question.

Please block and mute the profiles you do not like as it does not offend the rest of us.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back