status-replied Good luck everyone

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

MetaverseBranding

Top Member
Impact
Just want to say good luck to everyone in the domaining world and to thank everyone who has helped me but I'm leaving this forum.

2020 has been my most successful year in domaining, there are many sales I've not shared.

Just feel like this forum is being run with no compassion to its members anymore so I am bowing out.

Hope you all reach your domaining dreams(y)

https://www.namepros.com/threads/why-i-will-never-report-another-name-ive-sold-on-namepros.1216521/

Moderator update: https://www.namepros.com/posts/8144724/

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
They did mask the name for you so Google can’t see. I know you are annoyed that they didn’t do what you wanted but the fact remains posting sales is not mandatory and you chose to do so, not the Mods. Perhaps accept responsibility and apologize to your customer. Take Care.

•••
•••
They did mask the name for you so Google can’t see. I know you are annoyed that they didn’t do what you wanted but the fact remains posting sales is not mandatory and you chose to do so, not the Mods. Perhaps accept responsibility and apologize to your customer. Take Care.

The fact is posting sales is not mandatory, I know that.

I only did it to try and help share useful information to other members of this forum.

But when a customer sends an email a few days later saying she would "hate to be contacted by domain squatters" then surely providing this evidence to the mods would be a reasonable request to consider. And those were her words.

We get a bad name as it is with end users.

Obviously two days after I posted the info is too late for me to edit the post. And the mods spacing the domain name out is not going to stop this lady getting contacted by spammers because I have received a few direct messages so far asking for the company name because they have a name the company might be interested in.

I asked for reasonable help in my opinion. This is not impossible for the mods to do.

Its just another example of the mods showing no human compassion to its members and willing to lose another member rather than doing a little gesture of good will.

Its like the forum is being run by robots nowadays and I don't want to be apart of that.

Last edited:
•••
The fact is posting sales is not mandatory, I know that.

I only did it to try and help share useful information to other members of this forum.

But when a customer sends an email a few days later saying she would "hate to be contacted by domain squatters" then surely providing this evidence to the mods would be a reasonable request to consider.

We get a bad name as it is with end users.

Obviously two days after I posted the info is too late for me to edit the post. And the mods spacing the domain name out is not going to stop this lady getting contacted by spammers because I have received a few direct messages so far asking for the companies name because they have a name the company might be interested in.

I asked for reasonable help in my opinion. This is not impossible for the mods to do.

Its just another example of the mods showing no human compassion to its members and willing to lose another member that doing a little gesture of good will.
You are not being reasonable now and you are just asking for a banned ...

From NamePros we all wish you the best luck

•••
You are not being reasonable now and you are just asking for a banned ...

From NamePros we all wish you the best luck

OK thanks.

Well I guess what I consider reasonable differs to many then.

Good luck too

•••
Yeah for sure, all I'm saying its between you and the mods, us members have no say in such drama nor wish to examine, in a way its prohibited, nor do I like to see such posts

•••
Yeah for sure, all I'm saying its between you and the mods, us members have no say in such drama nor wish to examine, in a way its prohibited, nor do I like to see such posts

But members are leaving because the way the forum is being run thats all im saying.

Look at my like count verses posts. Its not as though I'm usually a controversial character.

All I did was explain the reason I'm leaving which I think is fair.

I'm not trying to cause drama, I just want the mods to have a bit of human thought process about their decisions thats all. It seems like they are losing members of this forum through a lack of being understanding to individual cases.

I asked for help, they chose not to. That's their right of course it is.

Anyway this is my last post on namepros so good luck to everyone, even the mods(y)

Last edited:
•••
shame as you post a ton of useful content in niche threads. way too many spammers stalking those sales threads to be posting in.

hopefully the mods do the right thing and stop prioritising trolls over quality members but I doubt it. best of luck!

Last edited:
•••
Everyone needs to be accountable for what they say but there is a double standard as there are problems frustrating more members with changing titles moving deleting posts. This results in conversations points taken out of context it maybe in best interest to retain community over content.

•••
Everyone needs to be accountable for what they say but there is a double standard as there are problems frustrating more members with changing titles moving deleting posts. This results in conversations points taken out of context it maybe in best interest to retain community over content.

I was not going to post again but this is important in the context.

The sale post was a one off post with one reply pretty much saying congratulations.

This would have had absolutely no impact on the flow of the forum.

I obviously would not of posted if I knew the buyer was going to contact me two days later. I would of thought sending this email proof to the mods would of been enough for them to think ok this end user has made a fair request, we could quite easily act upon that.

Obviously I know I posted the post which at the time I could no longer edit. I asked for the only help I've asked for since being a member of this forum. We are talking 1 post deletion that had no impact really on anything else.

And I was basically shown they would rather keep a post over a paying member.

Of course I take accountability. But I also would like a little help sometimes.

Sometimes in life scenarios change that you should be allowed an element of flexibility where there is good reason and proof.

After all I was not asking for the impossible to be done. The amount of posts I've had deleted for very trivia reasons in the past have been a joke.

Last edited:
•••
images.jpeg-67.jpg

•••
It is done now you have left. There is always a better way to handle things which is one thing i am always learning about. There may have been a better result in discussion whilst using the power in numbers rather than burning all bridges i am sure i speak from many and I hope you succeed in your endeavors.

Last edited:
•••
Update:
It's actually an absence of power, not an abundance of it or a desire for it; as moderators, we do not have the power to ignore the rules that we're tasked to enforce or to go against the policies that we're required to follow.

That said, the rules and policies exist for very good reasons. Understandably, they do not cover every situation perfectly and sometimes they can be counterproductive, but it's rare.

Please also understand that even if content is removed from NamePros, that doesn't mean it's gone from the internet. Once you post something publicly on the internet, on any website, it may be quickly archived, saved, screenshotted, and/or otherwise disseminated throughout the internet and local storage devices. It's safe to think of it as impossible to undo, even if a website deletes it.

Given your special circumstances, we've discussed this with an administrator and been given permission to remove the domain name for you. In the future, please do not post a sale on NamePros that you do not want to be public. This advice is for everyone.

We cannot make any guarantees that we will be able to make this exception again, but we hope it helps this time.

Edit: We're very happy to welcome @NextGen Brand back to NamePros! :)

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back