IT.COM

Sedo charged me $298 for selling a domain I no longer own

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Sedo sold a domain I no longer own and still charged me their commission fee of $298. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Please make full payment as listed on the invoice in the amount of 298 USD within 5 days. Until payment is made, your Sedo user account is blocked for any further use of our services. If we do not receive payment, the incident will be forwarded to a collections agency. If this happens, there may be additional costs.

Kind regards,

Sedo Customer Service Team - Accounts Receivable

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
yeah.. its a real problem when you set bins.. and maybe have many names and then lose track of whats expired or sold elsewhere etc.. and forget to remove.

this is why many people do not set bins for this reason alone.

as for your issue... you can ask them to point you to section of their tos that says they can do this.. if they point you.. nothing you can do then.. if they don't... well.. you may have a point then to argue on...

gl

•••
yeah.. its a real problem when you set bins.. and maybe have many names and then lose track of whats expired or sold elsewhere etc.. and forget to remove.

as for your issue... you can ask them to point you to section of their tos that says they can do this.. if they point you.. nothing you can do then.. if they don't... well.. you may have a point then to argue on...

gl
Yes, that's exactly what happened. Ok, I'll do that. Thank you

•••
I don't understand anything...
Sedo deducts their commsisions from sale (from what was received from the buyer)... they don't charge it via separate invoices.

Last edited:
•••
Once I had SedoMLS sale - and such invoice was generated...
Sedo team said that I can ignore it (it is just for records)... And commission will be deducted as always.

•••
I don't understand anything...
Sedo deducts their commsisions from sale (from what was received from the buyer)... they don't charge it via separate invoices.
Yes, that is what I thought too. Since I no longer owned the domain they could not take their commission from the sale and sent me an invoice for the commission fee.

•••
uhh, never heard this reasoning. So who substantiated this reasoning...you?

•••
Yes, that is what I thought too. Since I no longer owned the domain they could not take their commission from the sale and sent me an invoice for the commission fee.
However they processed no sale, and did no transfer work, yet still charge the same commission?

•••
•••
uhh, never heard this reasoning. So who substantiated this reasoning...you?

what I meant is that I have heard of incidents like this before.. so when domainers especially with larger folios consider all pro and con for makeoffer vs bin... this is one of the things they consider. there are of course as you know other pro cons too.

•••
However they processed no sale, and did no transfer work, yet still charge the same commission?
Still might be the sale, the new owner sold it but the fees they want to charge from the old owner. Might be double fees. Might be.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back