IT.COM

This is why I hate Sedo...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have been a member of Sedo for well over a decade, but my record with actually completing a purchase on their site is 0 for 12. Unless you are buying one of the promoted high dollar figure domains, the rest of the site is useless because the sellers of the domains no longer own them or check their Sedo account. There have been 12 different occasions where I purchased/paid for a domain, only to get a refund because the person let the name expire 5+ years ago and no longer owns it, or their account is inactive.

I hate Sedo for this reason. It is a lot like Flippa, where people listed domains many years ago, yet they still appear on the site, even though they are not for sale.

Does anyone else have a similar experience?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I wonder if this trick can be used on all the platforms that require that you point the NS.
To point NS is what discourage me to use them. How do I know what marketing they are using? Are they really proactive, reaching the potential clients via dbase or newsletter or are they so popular that the buyers flock to them everyday or?
The same decision people have to do with real estate. Do you give any particular agency exclusive listing or going shotgun (with all) and who sells get's the commission.

Would love to hear some constructive opinion. TIA
If you want to use a company's landing page (Sedo, Dan etc etc) you have to permanently point the NS to them

For verification purposes I don't see why it won't work for all platforms that allow it.... that is my understanding unless someone can explain differently......

•••
If you want to use a company's landing page (Sedo, Dan etc etc) you have to permanently point the NS to them

For verification purposes I don't see why it won't work for all platforms that allow it.... that is my understanding unless someone can explain differently......

Exactly that. I have my domain portfolio setup with prices, logos etc. and using url forward to point to my domains, but I feel I am not getting any exposure as I am not crazy about the SEO and Google changing algorithm as they wish. You give me the idea, point ns to multiple platforms, one by one, wait to be verified on each first and then still use url forward to my own portfolio. I don't mind at all paying commission if any of the platform that will sell my domain, but I do mind to get stuck on one particular platforms that will not produce. Would that work? ;)

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back